Hurricane Florence prompts evacuation of more than a million people

Started by Hydra009, September 10, 2018, 08:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I'm glad we have Trump to tell us what we otherwise wouldn't have known - the hurricane is tremendously big and tremendously wet!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 12, 2018, 03:08:00 PM
I'm glad we have Trump to tell us what we otherwise wouldn't have known - the hurricane is tremendously big and tremendously wet!
Really!?  Well my stars.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 12, 2018, 01:02:03 PM
SOP. "Don't get caught off a lee shore when the 'canes come callin'."

So true.  I was canouing (how the heck do you spell canoing?) back from a primitive camping area in Canada once with an inept friend (I didn't know that beforehand) when a Summer squall popped up. and the waves suddenly went 2' high.  I quartered the waves to the windward side.  My friend never realized how close to dead we were. 

And just imagine if I had drowned, you would have never known me!   
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 12, 2018, 05:26:52 PM
Apparently we need money to lock people up more than we need it to help people in disasters:

Trump administration took nearly $10 million from FEMA's budget to support ICE, documents show
"Yeah, but it wasn't from emergency funds, it was from admin funds." Okay, bullshit, that ten mill is going to hurt.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 12, 2018, 06:18:30 PM
"Yeah, but it wasn't from emergency funds, it was from admin funds." Okay, bullshit, that ten mill is going to hurt.

How will you feel when the Republicans reduce the Federal government until it can be strangled in the bath tub?  Or should I say, former S Democrats?  The South will rise again, so it can take revenge!  And make the North pay to protect them from Global Warming too!  Since even weather strings are political ... I think that this bad weather is all a plot of the ... dumdumdum ... Weather Underground!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Hydra009

I met a lot of refugees today who evacuated because of the hurricane.

I hate them.
Loud, rude, obnoxious, etc.  They choked the roads and swarmed all over the gas stations and fast food places.

I ate breakfast today at the usual place and a group of them were harassing the waitress, demanding to know where she "comes from" because of her accent (a little known country called None of Your Goddamn Business), slow and vague ordering, complaining about perfectly good food, and leaving a mess at the table.

I heard honking today.  Honking!  And not the "imminent accident" kind of honk or the light tap to let someone know the light has turned green.  Oh no.  This was the "Mr Important is stuck in traffic and feels really impatient today" kind of honk.  The kind of honk that insults true southern character - which is both gentlemanly and courteous.

I feel the urge to embrace my inner conservative and to tell these assholes to go back where they came from.  I resist only because that would make me more like them.

pr126

I have read that the hurricane is Trump’s fault.

I am surprised.

Well, at least it is not god’s punishment. For voting Trump.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 12, 2018, 03:08:00 PM

Oh, it's yuge! Real yuge! Like the size of my house, at least! I bet it's carrying at least twenty gallons of water too.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 13, 2018, 01:05:44 AM

I hate them.
Loud, rude, obnoxious, etc.  They choked the roads and swarmed all over the gas stations and fast food places.

I ate breakfast today at the usual place and a group of them were harassing the waitress, demanding to know where she "comes from" because of her accent (a little known country called None of Your Goddamn Business), slow and vague ordering, complaining about perfectly good food, and leaving a mess at the table.

I heard honking today.  Honking!  And not the "imminent accident" kind of honk or the light tap to let someone know the light has turned green.  Oh no.  This was the "Mr Important is stuck in traffic and feels really impatient today" kind of honk.  The kind of honk that insults true southern character - which is both gentlemanly and courteous.

I feel the urge to embrace my inner conservative and to tell these assholes to go back where they came from.  I resist only because that would make me more like them.

Now you know how the British feel ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on September 13, 2018, 01:56:07 AM
I have read that the hurricane is Trump’s fault.

I am surprised.

Well, at least it is not god’s punishment. For voting Trump.

Bezos is our future "God emperor of Dune".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on September 13, 2018, 03:33:59 AM
Now you know how the British feel ;-)

And the frence, and Most Germans who are still proud of their heritage
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

It looks like ICE is getting another $29 million - this time from the Coast Guard! What's going on here? Is America about to start locking up everyone who doesn't have the correct papers!?

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/09/12/maddow-coast-guard-trump-hurricane.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/dhs-transferred-169-million-other-programs-ice-migrant-detention-n909016

QuoteThe Department of Homeland Security transferred $169 million from other agencies to Immigration and Customs Enforcement for the detention and removal of migrants this year, according to a document sent to Congress by DHS.

Many of the transfers came from key national security programs, including $1.8 million from the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office, $9.8 million from FEMA, $29 million from the U.S. Coast Guard and more than $34 million from several TSA programs. DHS also transferred $33 million from other ICE programs to pay for detention and removal, making the total amount of money transferred $202 million.

"Zee paperz - ve must haff zee paperz!"
God Not Found

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 13, 2018, 01:05:44 AM

I hate them.

Lucky you. That's everyday for me here in North Mexico.