News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

If God doesnt wish, you cant wish

Started by SoldierofFortune, September 08, 2018, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2018, 03:02:36 PM
I never pay any attention to politic platforms.  And I pay no attention to candidate speeches either.  I pay attention to what parties and candidates have done in the past.

You are clearly unqualified to be be a voter, or a mark.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2018, 06:45:42 PM
You are clearly unqualified to be be a voter, or a mark.

If you mean "mark" as a sucker, no.  But it means I AM qualified to be a voter as most of us are.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 05:52:14 AM
If you mean "mark" as a sucker, no.  But it means I AM qualified to be a voter as most of us are.

Qualified?  Bwahaha ... but the original response is about ... that you claim to not be taken in by political BS.  I was accepting your self description, which is someone unfit to participate in politics (it is all BS) or even be a consumer (because I think you said once that advertisements don't effect you).

If you don't treat propaganda as gospel, as advertisements as nirvana ... you have no business being in the US ... the grifter nation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2018, 06:33:36 AM
Qualified?  Bwahaha ... but the original response is about ... that you claim to not be taken in by political BS.  I was accepting your self description, which is someone unfit to participate in politics (it is all BS) or even be a consumer (because I think you said once that advertisements don't effect you).

If you don't treat propaganda as gospel, as advertisements as nirvana ... you have no business being in the US ... the grifter nation.

I vote seriously, based on past actions I can evaluate rather than campaign claims (which mean nothing).  IOW, candidates can't trick me with the "words of the day".

Most people or voters don't seem to think that way, though

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 07:46:08 AM
I vote seriously, based on past actions I can evaluate rather than campaign claims (which mean nothing).  IOW, candidates can't trick me with the "words of the day".

Most people or voters don't seem to think that way, though

Most people or voters don't think.  That could be dangerous, to think.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2018, 12:40:59 PM
Most people or voters don't think.  That could be dangerous, to think.

Even fatal, in some places.  But that doesn't stop most people.

The surest way to get killed fast historically is to vote the wrong way.  Or not cheer loudly enough...

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 07:46:08 AM
I vote seriously, based on past actions I can evaluate rather than campaign claims (which mean nothing).
That must be rough on politicians running for their first political position.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2018, 01:29:46 PM

Actually it is.  But everyone has some sort of past voters can learn about.  And that does matter.  No one appears from out of nowhere.  They may have been a city official, a Senator's Chief Of Staff, a community activist, a military officer, a writer, etc.  But everyone has a history of actions and decisions.

Don't pay attention to what they say today; pay attention to what they did before.  It's harder to go wrong that way.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2018, 01:29:46 PM

All candidates should be waterboarded.  Incumbents should get it worse.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2018, 12:22:04 PM
All candidates should be waterboarded.  Incumbents should get it worse.

Why should candidates be waterboarded.  Waterboarding is a "cruel and unusual punishment".  Ans why should incumbents get even crueler treatment?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 06:27:07 AM
Why should candidates be waterboarded.  Waterboarding is a "cruel and unusual punishment".  Ans why should incumbents get even crueler treatment?

Draco ... early Athenian lawgiver ... from which "draconian" originated.  Why Draco, did you prescribe the death penalty for most offenses?  Because, he replied, I could think of no greater punishment for greater offenses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2018, 01:29:37 PM
Draco ... early Athenian lawgiver ... from which "draconian" originated.  Why Draco, did you prescribe the death penalty for most offenses?  Because, he replied, I could think of no greater punishment for greater offenses.

Do I recall correctly that Draco landed in Persia?  Unhappily?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 02:16:45 PM
Do I recall correctly that Draco landed in Persia?  Unhappily?

Nope that was the real, complex story of Themistocles.  Draco lives 200 years before.

Both Themistocles and Pausanias (another Spartan general, not a king) who defeated the Persians, ended up attempting to defect to the other side.  That history is never portrayed.  Pausanias died in custody.  Themistocles was exiled, and from there escaped to the court of the Great King.  He took one year to learn Persian, and was granted some authority and land as a minor Persian official in Asia Minor.  Themistocles was primarily responsible for the victory of Salamis.  And Pausanias was primarily responsible for the victory of Plataea.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2018, 02:23:59 PM
Nope that was the real, complex story of Themistocles.  Draco lives 200 years before.

Well, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  Which is why I said I was unsure about Draco without looking him up. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 02:29:14 PM
Well, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  Which is why I said I was unsure about Draco without looking him up.

Edited post above, to clarify.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.