Was America divided between globalists and evangelists?

Started by SoldierofFortune, September 08, 2018, 07:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on September 08, 2018, 07:33:30 PM
Someone who is on TV programmes in Turkland says insistingly that the people who decide on America's destiny are evangelists.
They are sects. Universitiyies in America are in their hands.

What are your opinions?

The universities aren't controlled much by religion in the US.  That was true 100 years ago, not today.  However America is very religious.  It isn't paranoid for atheists to be afraid here, because their enemies are real, not imaginary.  Not long ago, atheism was associated with Communism, and we were all over that shit.  There is probably carry over activity from the Cold War, because the real reason why we hate Russia isn't because they were Communists or atheists ... but because they are Russians ;-(  Notice how someone turns on a switch, and we are back to McCarthy hysteria like it is 1958?

Evangelical churches developed a lot of power from 1950 - 2000.  But don't count the Catholic Church out, they are still very powerful.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2018, 10:31:32 PM
The universities aren't controlled much by religion in the US.  That was true 100 years ago, not today.  However America is very religious.  It isn't paranoid for atheists to be afraid here, because their enemies are real, not imaginary.  Not long ago, atheism was associated with Communism, and we were all over that shit.  There is probably carry over activity from the Cold War, because the real reason why we hate Russia isn't because they were Communists or atheists ... but because they are Russians ;-(  Notice how someone turns on a switch, and we are back to McCarthy hysteria like it is 1958?

Evangelical churches developed a lot of power from 1950 - 2000.  But don't count the Catholic Church out, they are still very powerful.

Why a person hates Russians who are far away billion kilometers...?
There were propaganda against Russians on newspapers, magazines, TV... And In America and in the world media is a monopoly controlled by one hand... So public opinion were created...Otherwise,
In Turkland it was the same. Communism were related to Godlessness...

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on September 08, 2018, 10:46:21 PM
Why a person hates Russians who are far away billion kilometers...?
There were propaganda against Russians on newspapers, magazines, TV... And In America and in the world media is a monopoly controlled by one hand... So public opinion were created...Otherwise,
In Turkland it was the same. Communism were related to Godlessness...

See De Tocqueville.  The US and Russia are natural competitors.  He theorized both would be super-powers in the 20th century, rivals, he said this 100 years before it happened.  Of course the British Empire tried to prevent this.  The US joining up with the Russian Empire during the 1860s was a scare for Queen Victoria.  And the Ottoman Empire got caught in the cross-fire between the greater powers.

It was vitally important, that GB achieve covert control over the US, as the British Empire declined.  They did on multiple occasions starting with 1871, when the Bank of England started to mess with the US monetary system, ending in 1913 when the Federal Reserve was created by people connected to the Rothschilds and the Bank of England.

The US is divided between the globalists and the nationalists ... always has been.  Thomas Jefferson was a globalist, George Washington was a nationalist.  Globalists like Jefferson have tended to be secular-post-Christian.  Nationalists like Washington have tended originally to be Deists, but are more often associated with Protestant Christianity, which often takes the form of Evangelicalism here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on September 08, 2018, 07:33:30 PM
Someone who is on TV programmes in Turkland says insistingly that the people who decide on America's destiny are evangelists.
They are sects. Universitiyies in America are in their hands.

What are your opinions?
America is divided about everything.  We are even divided between those who don't know who controls universities, and those who believe there is a conspiracy.  Actually, the truth is that Universities are controlled by the athletic departments.  Disagreeing on stupid shit is what we do.  But most of us agree that we do stupid shit.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2018, 08:33:14 PM
I've heard that they do something similar here, and probably have been doing it for many years.
Back in the day and in another life as a special agent for the US Army Intelligence, I learned that we spied quite a bit.  For example, the Soviet embassy in San Francisco was on Green Street; they had tapped phone lines and telegraph lines and most importantly, micorwave communications.  All forms of communications were tapped.  The process was that all of the tapped material went into tape reels which was AI monitored. All listening agencies had whatever sensitive words and phrases built into the system in that when they were heard (by the AI) they were stored in a separate recording and real people then listened to those recordings--who could then access the entire communication if so desired.  So about 95% of the recordings were discarded--but 5% kept.  I would think the listening capacities of all of our such agencies would be much much higher and more sophisticated now.  I would imagine they could target whatever or whoever they want to.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 09, 2018, 09:32:55 AM
Back in the day and in another life as a special agent for the US Army Intelligence, I learned that we spied quite a bit.  For example, the Soviet embassy in San Francisco was on Green Street; they had tapped phone lines and telegraph lines and most importantly, micorwave communications.  All forms of communications were tapped.  The process was that all of the tapped material went into tape reels which was AI monitored. All listening agencies had whatever sensitive words and phrases built into the system in that when they were heard (by the AI) they were stored in a separate recording and real people then listened to those recordings--who could then access the entire communication if so desired.  So about 95% of the recordings were discarded--but 5% kept.  I would think the listening capacities of all of our such agencies would be much much higher and more sophisticated now.  I would imagine they could target whatever or whoever they want to.   

I have also been involved in intel in my younger years.  Of course we spy, including Merkel's cell phone.  Can never trust Germans!

You couldn't have been in Army intel, unless you had a high IQ .. and it shows elsewhere ;-)

Famously, the Brits were spying on captured Nazi officers, full time.  Recorded everything they said to each other.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2018, 08:37:03 PM
No, I have indeed heard that. Don't have time today to look it up, though, the library's about to close.

Here's an example of what I was talking about:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/24/homeland-security-manual_n_1299908.html
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 09, 2018, 05:35:57 PM
Here's an example of what I was talking about:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/24/homeland-security-manual_n_1299908.html

The intel guys like to claim that metadata isn't privacy violation.  But in fact, metadata during WW II, was more important than actual decrypts, and remains so.  Who calls who and when ... tells a tale.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on September 09, 2018, 05:15:56 AM
America is divided about everything.  We are even divided between those who don't know who controls universities, and those who believe there is a conspiracy.  Actually, the truth is that Universities are controlled by the athletic departments.  Disagreeing on stupid shit is what we do.  But most of us agree that we do stupid shit.

If we focused on the smart stuff instead of the stupid shit, we wouldn't have any problems.  But then, I suspect that 3/4s of us are pretty stupid.  I don't mean average IQ, that's just a measurement of average.  From experience, I think you can be average IQ and still be pretty damn dumb.

As a (barely) semi-joke, I've always liked "the intelligence of the planet is finite, and the population is growing"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!