Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mecca's Royal Clock Tower

Started by Shiranu, September 05, 2018, 12:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2018, 02:16:36 PM
Yes indeed:

Actually, I sort of learned that from the 'Angelique' series of books by SergeAnne Golon.  But I researched it later and found it was true.  Good thing I was already an atheist, or it might have been a challenge to faith.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on September 06, 2018, 06:56:23 PM
Let me reword that... All Muslim men are equal.

Says the person who knows that isn't true by a long shot. It's a divide among them like another person with the rich and powerful being top and poor being bottom.

trdsf

Hey, if they want to spend money on this, fine.  It's less money that gets sent to Saudi "community outreach" groups.  You know, like Al-Qaeda.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Well, I'm pretty sure they've got a bit left over from this extravagance...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 08, 2018, 05:06:13 PM
Says the person who knows that isn't true by a long shot. It's a divide among them like another person with the rich and powerful being top and poor being bottom.

Yes, hence the reason I was drawing attention to it.

A few years ago I know it was an issue that Mecca camps were divided by national origin, with Arabs getting much more luxurious tents than their African brothers.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 08, 2018, 11:07:30 PM
Yes, hence the reason I was drawing attention to it

Muslim indifference to material goods, ended with the second Caliph.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on September 08, 2018, 11:07:30 PM
Yes, hence the reason I was drawing attention to it.

A few years ago I know it was an issue that Mecca camps were divided by national origin, with Arabs getting much more luxurious tents than their African brothers.

I never knew that, yet somehow I am not surprised.  But it is probably true for all religions that the religious control area gets the best stuff.  The local catholic church doesn't look like the Vatican either, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!