Communism in China had to restore Confucianism ...

Started by Baruch, August 30, 2018, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2018, 07:26:07 AM
I DO hate it when actors participate in making really evil people look good.  Like Spartans.  Lets have a movie about Hitler handing out candy next...

Baruch

Speaking of communism ...

A French court just required Marine Le Pen, a conservative political leader, to have mental evaluation.  Refusal involves fines and prison.

Joseph Stalin used to do this, put his opponents in mental asylums.  And anyone ever read Cancer Ward by Solzhenitsyn?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 19, 2018, 09:35:31 PM
History is problematic, but that is as it is.  I don't idolize either, I find humanity very ... disturbing.  Usually moving out of idolizing is a normal development as we move into adulthood.

Did you know that the character names for Chinese ethnic groups is insulting?  I think they call Japan a dwarf kingdom and Korea a midget kingdom.  But is size everything?  That is what the many millions of Chinese women are thinking right now ;-))

Questioning is good, but will you settle eventually with real people warts an all, or hide in a scifi utopia?  This is a struggle I am still struggling with myself.  On the other hand, expect as you question the status quo, the status quo will hit back.  You can't spar with shadows.

Then China is a good match for "little hands" Trump.  Bet (for no obvious reason - right) that he has to stuff his size 7 feet into size 10 shoes with horsehair padding. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!