News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

McCain

Started by Mr.Obvious, August 26, 2018, 02:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Obama, Bush Asked To Speak At John McCain’s Funeral; Trump Told To Stay Away

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-bush-john-mccain-eulogies_us_5b838678e4b034858601cf7e

QuotePresident Donald Trump will not be invited to McCain’s funeral, at the request of the late senator. The White House was told of McCain’s wishes by family members before his death.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2018, 07:25:35 AM

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-bush-john-mccain-eulogies_us_5b838678e4b034858601cf7e

Sounds good.  I wouldn't have Trump there either.  He didn't respect McCain.  Bush is not quite McCain's type either, but he will be polite and respectful.  He understands civility and ceremony.  I'm curious about whether the Clintons will be there.  I hope they are. 

I understand that McCain will be only the 13th Senator to receive an official State funeral.  That seems right.  He deserves it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2018, 07:25:35 AM

Huffington Post ... that is some Alt-Right source, right?  I would only go to McCain's funeral to take a piss on him (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 07:41:35 AM
Sounds good.  I wouldn't have Trump there either.  He didn't respect McCain.  Bush is not quite McCain's type either, but he will be polite and respectful.  He understands civility and ceremony.  I'm curious about whether the Clintons will be there.  I hope they are. 

I understand that McCain will be only the 13th Senator to receive an official State funeral.  That seems right.  He deserves it.

I hope all former Presidents are there, so Putin can waste them (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on August 27, 2018, 07:45:36 AM
Huffington Post ... that is some Alt-Right source, right?
What's your point?

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2018, 08:11:06 AM
What's your point?

Baruch never has a "point".  He just likes to make jokes and create chaos.  A true troll.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 08:13:23 AM
.......... and create chaos.
A true Trumpian in that respect.  That's his point....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 27, 2018, 09:00:18 AM
A true Trumpian in that respect.  That's his point....................

Well, maybe Trump just needs a spiritual leader accustomed to chaos.  Baruch would fit right in. 

SGOS

If I remember the movie Contact correctly, I think the president had a spiritual advisor played by Rob Lowe.  I thought this was funny, because I didn't think there was such a secretary to the president in real life.   In addition, he wasn't an advisor.  He was just at lobbyist in the White House trying to control everything.  I loved all the religious hub bub that Sagan created as a response to alien contact.  It ran the full spectrum from seizing the opportunity to control the government to the celebration of the coming apocalypse.  Few people were thinking, many were trying to gain an edge, and others were just finding reasons to be get weird.  It was chaos, with religion sticking it's nose into things people didn't understand. 

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2018, 09:41:34 AM
If I remember the movie Contact correctly, I think the president had a spiritual advisor played by Rob Lowe.  I thought this was funny, because I didn't think there was such a secretary to the president in real life.   In addition, he wasn't an advisor.  He was just at lobbyist in the White House trying to control everything.  I loved all the religious hub bub that Sagan created as a response to alien contact.  It ran the full spectrum from seizing the opportunity to control the government to the celebration of the coming apocalypse.  Few people were thinking, many were trying to gain an edge, and others were just finding reasons to be get weird.  It was chaos, with religion sticking it's nose into things people didn't understand.

Yes, 'Contact' had more levels of meaning than most people saw.  Sagan seldom allowed superstition to intrude on reality.    Even considering it was a sci-fi.

Mike Cl

At best, McCain was a frienemy --not a real friend to my way of thinking.  Did not like his take on almost anything. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 27, 2018, 11:28:55 AM
At best, McCain was a frienemy --not a real friend to my way of thinking.  Did not like his take on almost anything.

I suppose it comes down to "well, he sure wasn't Trump".

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2018, 08:11:06 AM
What's your point?

Irony .. or are you just another communist? (rhetorical question).

So quote Stormfront on Judaism sometime too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 09:11:42 AM
Well, maybe Trump just needs a spiritual leader accustomed to chaos.  Baruch would fit right in.

Well ... the first thing I would tell Trump is ... STFU ... and the second thing would be "act like a gentleman already".  So I would last even shorter time than his other appointees ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2018, 09:41:34 AM

That was a 1980s thing ... culturally, and when it was written.  A Satanic adviser would be more appropriate for any political leader.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.