News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

McCain

Started by Mr.Obvious, August 26, 2018, 02:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 04, 2018, 10:25:57 AM
The hard right has tried for years to prove voter fraud as a route to disenfranchisement for low-income and ethnic voters. They haven't had any significant discoveries.

!960 election, in Chicago ... any research on that?  It has been done at times.  Every election?  Probably not.  But then I am opposed to letting muppets vote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on September 04, 2018, 06:54:11 AM
The voting dead is nothing new in politics, but I don't actually know how prevalent it is.

It's not, it's  just one more conspiracy idiots on the internet (and apparently in the white house) like to cling to.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 04, 2018, 01:12:25 PM
It's not, it's  just one more conspiracy idiots on the internet (and apparently in the white house) like to cling to.

Human beings are totally honest and reliable ... and I have a bridge in NYC to sell you.  Every thing is a conspiracy theory, right?  However R-party calling the D-party crooked, is the pot calling the kettle, black.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on September 04, 2018, 11:08:59 AM
Palin was more or less foisted upon McCain, who had wanted Joe Lieberman as his running mate, but the party powers that be demanded he shore up his right flank and stuck him with a wingnut.  He later called picking her a mistake and a regret, and I'm sure you can imagine Caribou Barbie's reaction to that.
Yeah Sarah Palin was a real cun...uh...cunning linguist!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on September 04, 2018, 01:12:25 PM
You're right.  Chicago, the presupposed "Gomorrah of  political crime:"

QuoteIn fact, CBS’s Windy City affiliate last October compared local vote records with the Social Security Administration’s master death file. “In all,” the channel concluded, “the analysis showed 119 dead people have voted a total of 229 times in Chicago in the last decade.”

And average of 23 dead votes per year is hardly a pandemic, although some other locations have a bigger problem.  But it's enough to point at to create a false perception among the conspiracy crowd.  And keep in mind, there is no data linking them to a political party.  They could all be Republicans.  OK, I don't want to be unfair.  It's likely only half are Republicans.

Shiranu

QuoteAnd average of 23 dead votes per year is hardly a pandemic...

In their defense (bleh), that number is still just way too damn high. Swing the elections high? No. Influence them at all high? Nah. But too high non-the-less.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on September 04, 2018, 04:36:13 PM
In their defense (bleh), that number is still just way too damn high. Swing the elections high? No. Influence them at all high? Nah. But too high non-the-less.
Agreed.

Hydra009

Quote from: pr126 on September 04, 2018, 04:38:04 AMI hear that lots of dead people voted as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRTOorIs_bc

"Hearing things" is the right-wing version of "I just made up"

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on September 04, 2018, 04:20:40 PM
You're right.  Chicago, the presupposed "Gomorrah of  political crime:"

And average of 23 dead votes per year is hardly a pandemic, although some other locations have a bigger problem.  But it's enough to point at to create a false perception among the conspiracy crowd.  And keep in mind, there is no data linking them to a political party.  They could all be Republicans.  OK, I don't want to be unfair.  It's likely only half are Republicans.

I have never seen a positive report regarding Chicago politics.  And how many recent governors of Illinois are in prison?  Thus it has been, since the days of Al Capone.  Abraham Lincoln was a corrupt shill for the railroad interests.

We killed on million Vietnamese.  Felt awkward for awhile.  Then went ahead a killed a million Iraqis.  Yes, Americans ... the good guys ;-(  Given that genocide comparable to Mussolini in Ethiopia ... we can trust our electoral process??
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 03, 2018, 09:02:20 PM
Too bad his vp was Sarah fucking Palin. That broad was crazy.

That broad was crazy

I think it was the eyes.  She had crazy fucking eyes.  'Lesbians are trying to take over the world' eyes.

Unbeliever

I never understood how anyone at all could have thought Palin would have made a good vice-president, or anything else, for that matter.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

ferdmonger

I never understood the brainiac that came up with her. 

"Hey, there's this gal up in Alaska.  Mayor of some small town.  Perfect VP material."
"Huh?  Why?"
"Tits and ass baby.  Tits and ass.  Get her onstage with some 'drill baby drill' and we'll get white male votes from sea to shining sea."

Other than that, I don't get it.

Hydra009

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 07, 2018, 08:06:49 PM
I never understood the brainiac that came up with her.
Evidently, some brainiacs inside the beltway thought red staters would go gaga over some vapid, basically blank-resumed buffoon who says a lot of stupid crap on social media.  (And hooboy is it stupid!)  Their only mistake (besides making the world worse) is that they jumped the gun by a few years.

Cavebear

Palin seemed an engaging choice at first.  The Republicans needed a radical conservative to balance McCain's independence, and a woman on the ticket was a strategic choice.  Palin checked off all the boxes the Republicans wanted.  No vice presidential candidate is ever chosen for their ability to assume the Presidency (sadly).  Although Biden may have been one and possibly Bush senior.  Mostly, it it geographic and/or ideological.

The sad part is that the Republicans had no well-established female conservatives with experience in 2008.  And who would have matched up well with McCain?  No establishment party members would have agreed to run with him.  He should have picked another outsider (and almost did with Lieberman). 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 08, 2018, 03:02:19 AM
Palin seemed an engaging choice at first.  The Republicans needed a radical conservative to balance McCain's independence, and a woman on the ticket was a strategic choice.  Palin checked off all the boxes the Republicans wanted.  No vice presidential candidate is ever chosen for their ability to assume the Presidency (sadly).  Although Biden may have been one and possibly Bush senior.  Mostly, it it geographic and/or ideological.

The sad part is that the Republicans had no well-established female conservatives with experience in 2008.  And who would have matched up well with McCain?  No establishment party members would have agreed to run with him.  He should have picked another outsider (and almost did with Lieberman).

Yes, Bush Sr and Cheney.  Bush Sr was the real President as was Cheney.  Reagan and Shrub were figure heads.

Lieberman would have been a good pick, to get the stupid NYC vote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.