News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Muhammad, prophet or pretender

Started by PopeyesPappy, August 18, 2018, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Local megachurch preacher with his own TV show. Today's sermon is, "Muhammad, prophet or pretender?"

Thesis statement: Muhammad was a pretender, not a true prophet of God.

lol

The irony is not lost on me.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 18, 2018, 12:08:09 PM
Local megachurch preacher with his own TV show. Today's sermon is, "Muhammad, prophet or pretender?"

Thesis statement: Muhammad was a pretender, not a true prophet of God.

lol

The irony is not lost on me.
You really have to stop listening to those Christian stations when you are driving your car.

popsthebuilder

Messengers of GOD where sent to the corners of the earth. Each would be different in that they are of their own nation or heritage or culture. Each would be singular in Spirit and message/ direction of followers though.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 18, 2018, 12:49:51 PM
Messengers of GOD where sent to the corners of the earth. Each would be different in that they are of their own nation or heritage or culture. Each would be singular in Spirit and message/ direction of followers though.

Well of course. Everyone knows the earth is a big flat square.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on August 19, 2018, 04:19:09 PM
Well of course. Everyone knows the earth is a big flat square.
Cute.....I thought someone might comment somewhere along those lines.

It simply means the extent sir or ma'am. A cylinder could seem to be flat; even square, and circular or round. It all depends on perspective.

All I'm saying is that it isn't good to be closed minded due to petty word games. I'm sure you understood my actual meaning just fine.

aitm

Yeah right. The babble is quite content to proclaim the world flat, that 2/3rds of the stars of the universe has already landed here and that angels who supposedly are here to help us and guide us were content to sit inside and sup tea and crumpets while a guy let his daughter get raped and murdered to protect them. Poor angels.....it's almost like god doesn't even care about them....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Yeah, wouldn't you think angels of God would be able to withstand anything the rabble could throw at them? You'd think angels would be pretty fuckin' bad, like a super heros or somethin'.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on August 19, 2018, 05:01:59 PM
Yeah right. The babble is quite content to proclaim the world flat, that 2/3rds of the stars of the universe has already landed here and that angels who supposedly are here to help us and guide us were content to sit inside and sup tea and crumpets while a guy let his daughter get raped and murdered to protect them. Poor angels.....it's almost like god doesn't even care about them....
let me know as soon as you are ready to get out of the literal "understands" of the ot.

We know well the ancient "Jew", or two thirds of them at least were guilty of misdirection and or misrepresentation of the truth. They were clouded or veiled by greed and pride and hypocricy.....coupled with a literalist "understanding"; that is to say, little to no understanding.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 19, 2018, 05:33:01 PM
let me know as soon as you are ready to get out of the literal "understands" of the ot.

You should have this conversation with Mousecrap.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 19, 2018, 05:33:01 PM

oh we all know what you are saying........the parts that have been discredited by 5th grade science is not true....the parts open to blathering stupidity is absolute true!

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 18, 2018, 12:49:51 PM

Yeah, right.  That is called wishful thinking.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on August 19, 2018, 06:32:41 PM
oh we all know what you are saying........the parts that have been discredited by 5th grade science is not true....the parts open to blathering stupidity is absolute true!
Actually I was only speaking against what is not of the Spirit of life, and had nothing to do with historical validity or science. I do believe science is not contrary to faith or visa versa though.

SGOS

I loved the episode where River Tam found Sheppard Book's Bible and started cutting out all the falsehoods.  The poor preacher was horrified, and River explained his Bible was broken and she was just fixing it for him.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 19, 2018, 07:16:47 PM
I loved the episode where River Tam found Sheppard Book's Bible and started cutting out all the falsehoods.  The poor preacher was horrified, and River explained his Bible was broken and she was just fixing it for him.

Jefferson did the same.

I am not too much into prophets, not even Moses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.