Congressional Testimony on the Evergreen State College Chimpout

Started by orcus, August 18, 2018, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

[mod]Orcus/zarus tathra, not sure why I didn't notice sooner, but I don't want you or any of your socks here. Thanks for being an idiot, I've been wanting to dust off my fancy new moderator button. Reasons for ban: Sock puppet account and racism. Goodbye[/mod]

PickelledEggs

[mod]Oh yeah. I also banned your "emo samurai" sock account, you dumbass.[/mod]

SGOS

Quote from: orcus on August 19, 2018, 11:08:18 AM
Nothing in that article justifies even .01% of what the rioters did. Holding administration hostage, searching car to car for Brett Weinstein, all over a polite disagreement with the Day of Absence and one guy feeling threatened by a black student in an email exchange. Oh, and sometimes they're asked to explain black stuff in class, which is draining. A fine reason to mob the faculty and hold them hostage and lots of other stuff.
I agree.  It took me awhile to find a credible news source that did describe the riot.  Violence and destruction of property is not acceptable.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/evergreen-state-college-divided-after-riot/
Evergreen has been nursing the hangover since. At a campus forum, a shaken Evergreen President Les Purce told students that the college would pay the costs for the vehicles, and that campus concerts were banned until further notice.
I'm not sure why the college agreed to pay for damage to the vehicles.  A peace offering to the mob, perhaps.  Ordinarily, the perpetrators would be held responsible.  But then I'm not really sure how that is usually dealt with.

SGOS

Jason Harvestdancer

He was also emo samurai?  Now THAT's a blast from the past.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

PickelledEggs

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 19, 2018, 12:42:34 AM
How can I put this?

Why call it a "chimpout" as opposed to calling it, say, a riot?

Humans aren't chimps.  Chimps are superior to monkeys.  You are asking him to display a Confederate flag, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2018, 07:29:10 AM
You are asking him to display a Confederate flag, right?
Or just own up to his true intentions.  I'm pretty sure the chimpout expression was a carefully crafted expression implying black inferiority.  I'm surprised that only Jason acknowledged it.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 20, 2018, 08:52:05 AM
Or just own up to his true intentions.  I'm pretty sure the chimpout expression was a carefully crafted expression implying black inferiority.  I'm surprised that only Jason acknowledged it.

Got nothing on accusations of D or R!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!