Congressional Testimony on the Evergreen State College Chimpout

Started by orcus, August 18, 2018, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orcus

link

QuoteOn the second day of unrest, the police chief called me. Rioters were stopping traffic and searching for someone car to car. The chief believed they were searching for me. She was worried for my safety and helpless to protect me, as the president had ordered her force to stand down. What would have transpired if the rioters had found me? I still don't know, and I strongly suspect they don't either.

Jason Harvestdancer

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

orcus

Why wouldn't I? It was a bunch of people going feral en masse.

SGOS

I actually visited Evergreen State College (the Seattle branch) years ago, as part of my job. At the time it was a Jr. College.  I'm not sure of it's status right now.  This particular branch was funded by industries like Boeing, Kenworth, MacDonalds, General Motors, and other heavyweights.  It was geared toward teaching technical skills needed by various industries like aeronautical engineering, mechanics, machining, or running a beauty parlor.  Industries also provided the material resources necessary, like a large airplane hangar with several planes including fighter jets, and a Boeing 747 engine tipped vertical like a V2 rocket.  Students learned how to run a restaurant, put together a Kenworth logging truck, run a diagnostic on a new Cadillac, fix the electronics in a war plane, or anything useful to specific industries.  I was impressed.  I don't think Microsoft had settled in Seattle yet, but Evergreen provided instruction in computer engineering, which is probably archaic by now.  It was about 40 years ago.

I know this kind of derails things, but I just had to mention it because it was the most interesting and innovative educational institution I've ever seen.

orcus

It doesn't derail things, leftards are agents of moral, intellectual, and economic decline.

Hydra009

Quote from: orcus on August 18, 2018, 09:04:34 PM
It doesn't derail things, leftards are agents of moral, intellectual, and economic decline.
Whew.  The suspense was killing me.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: orcus on August 18, 2018, 01:57:05 PM
Why wouldn't I? It was a bunch of people going feral en masse.

How can I put this?

Why call it a "chimpout" as opposed to calling it, say, a riot?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

orcus

I just thought it was funnier.

I really don't know what you're looking for.

pr126

The irony is that the professors are indoctrinating the students with Marxist ideology and surprised when it is turned against them.

They are creating a monster who will devour anything in its path.
They are programmed to destroy. And they did it.
Congratulation professors. Job well done.
How to foment racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCZlyKLVZuY

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on August 19, 2018, 01:19:30 AM
The irony is that the professors are indoctrinating the students with Marxist ideology and surprised when it is turned against them.

They are creating a monster who will devour anything in its path.
They are programmed to destroy. And they did it.
Congratulation professors. Job well done.
How to foment racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCZlyKLVZuY

So they defied police, they didn't educate, they held students captive, and all in the name of what they think is progressive.

And in doing so created racism, segregation, and anarchy.

Tell us, oh progressive posters who frequent these forums, how do you interpret this? Tell us how this isn't racial segregation?

Because, as someone said in the first comment on the video, Martin Luther King would be rolling in his grave at this.

Fuck these 'teachers', Fuck black lives matter, And fuck anyone who goes along with this.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on August 19, 2018, 08:16:32 AM
Tell us, oh progressive posters who frequent these forums, how do you interpret this? Tell us how this isn't racial segregation?
There wasn't enough information in this video.

A professor offended students.
    Students protested.
    Parents protested.
    The president was accused of siding with the students.
Important details were not included.  We have no knowledge that the professor or anyone else was a Marxist, and no idea what was offensive in what he said, if it was at all.  It's one of those videos where you to see what you want to see.

pr126

The students have to pay 30-60 thousands of dollars or more for this. Money well spent.
They will continue to pay for decades for this.

4 years wasted to become a Marxist activist, BLM, Antifa, communists agitators.

SGOS

Here is a written account of the incident from a different point of view.  See if it triggers a reaction as much as the video.  Then tear it apart if you want.  While more detail and background is included, I would question the written account as much as I do the FOX news version.  It's an emotional issue, so all sources should be viewed with skepticism.  The media slants things not necessarily left or right, but to maximize the visceral response.  We are all aware of that, but sometimes we still make snap judgments.

oops!  Here's the source:

https://theoutline.com/post/5721/racism-free-speech-evergreen-state-college

orcus

Nothing in that article justifies even .01% of what the rioters did. Holding administration hostage, searching car to car for Brett Weinstein, all over a polite disagreement with the Day of Absence and one guy feeling threatened by a black student in an email exchange. Oh, and sometimes they're asked to explain black stuff in class, which is draining. A fine reason to mob the faculty and hold them hostage and lots of other stuff.

PickelledEggs