Feminist Journal publishes story on "dog rape culture"

Started by orcus, August 18, 2018, 12:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orcus

link

QuoteAn academic journal that recently published research on “dog rape culture” is now questioning the credentials of the study’s author.

The academic journal Gender, Place, and Culture, the world’s 13th most influential women’s studies academic journal, has issued a statement of concern in response to research they published in May on “dog rape culture.” Breitbart News covered Helen Wilson’s research in June, pointing out that Wilson claimed that she examined the genitals of 10,000 dogs during her study.

A nice comment from a user: "Woof means 'no'.

pr126

Breitbart as a source is not welcome on this forum.

Just saying.

Oh, and Helen Wilson belongs in a mental institute. Off her rocker.
10,000 dogs? WTF?  Who paid for this?

QuoteIn a subsection of the piece entitled “oppression of dogs,” Wilson highlighted that male owners were far more likely to call their male dogs “buddy” than were female owners.
Oh, look "oppression of dogs". Has she run out of human victims?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on August 18, 2018, 12:47:59 AM
Breitbart as a source is not welcome on this forum.
As are other vastly fallacious sources.

orcus

Try finding something factually incorrect with the article. I fucking dare you. DURR FALLACIOUS. You leftists and your Pavlovian cringe-words, you have all kinds of basically formless terminology that you expect people to accept on faith has meaning, mostly for the sake of burying any arguments and people that you find inconvenient. Examples include "Racist." "Bigoted." "Sexist." "Cis." All bullshit to silence anyone who disagrees with you or merely gets more attention than you and your pet monsters protected groups.

And what happened to pr126's comment?

pr126

QuoteAnd what happened to pr126's comment?

Deleted due skepticism.

Campusreform

But it was a good story. A POE?

Mind you, CampusReform does look like the Onion to me.

orcus

It's still amazing that this was ever published, it's still a hugely negative reflection on fail-minism as a whole that this was ever accepted.

Baruch

Quote from: orcus on August 18, 2018, 10:02:18 AM
It's still amazing that this was ever published, it's still a hugely negative reflection on fail-minism as a whole that this was ever accepted.

Women scholars have their own version of psychopathy compared to men scholars.  Ivory towers all the way down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mermaid

Oh yay, a misogynist thread! I've never seen one before.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 18, 2018, 10:56:21 AM
There has to be a hotdog Joke in here somewhere.

For some guys, just Vienna sausages ;-)  Others ... brats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

orcus

Quote from: Mermaid on August 18, 2018, 10:58:04 AM
Oh yay, a misogynist thread! I've never seen one before.

Quote from: me
You leftists and your Pavlovian cringe-words, you have all kinds of basically formless terminology that you expect people to accept on faith has meaning, mostly for the sake of burying any arguments and people that you find inconvenient. Examples include "Racist." "Bigoted." "Sexist." "Cis." All bullshit to silence anyone who disagrees with you or merely gets more attention than you and your pet monsters protected groups.

Mermaid

Quote from: orcus on August 18, 2018, 11:34:52 AM

Facts are facts. You can call it a Pavlovian response, which....is a Pavlovian response.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

orcus

No, "facts" are things like "the Earth is round," "e= mc2," and "Donald Trump is President." "You hurt my feelings therefore you're racist" is not a fact, you pathetic little snowflake.

Mermaid

Pathetic snowflake! Hahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahaa

I was actually referring to what Baruch said. Speaking of pathetic.

orcus

Quote from: Mermaid on August 18, 2018, 11:53:52 AM
Pathetic snowflake! Hahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahaa

I was actually referring to what Baruch said. Speaking of pathetic.

IOW "I know you are but what am I." Nice of you to concede your loss in the argument so quickly and unceremoniously.