Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Manafort verdict

Started by ferdmonger, August 15, 2018, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 22, 2018, 04:59:46 AM
GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY!

And Cohen too.  The fewmets are hitting the windmill for Trump.  How will he respond?  Complete breakdown or fighting the quicksand til the end.  Oh how I have been waiting for this...

The faster Trump's supports are pulled out from under him, the better it will be for the country.

Nuclear war ... as the CIA has always planned.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

I assume the pardon will come after the midterms.

Baruch

Quote from: ferdmonger on August 29, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

Maybe.  Nutjobs say that Jan 1, military tribunals for 40,000 indicted criminal elements ... D-party going bye bye.  Time to finish "Reconstruction".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: ferdmonger on August 29, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

After the midterms when the Dems take the House. all bets on Trump actions are off the table.  He'll go crazy.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 01, 2018, 08:45:26 PM
After the midterms when the Dems take the House. all bets on Trump actions are off the table.  He'll go crazy.

How could you tell the difference?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on September 01, 2018, 08:45:26 PM
After the midterms when the Dems take the House.

I really hope you're right about that, but I suspect the GOP will do whatever it takes to hold on to power in the House - anything at all, illegal, immoral unethical, anything at all as long as they hold on to the power. Because power is money, and that's all they care about - it's what they worship..
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 02, 2018, 05:23:03 PM
I really hope your right about that, but I suspect the GOP will do whatever it takes to hold on to power in the House - anything at all, illegal, immoral unethical, anything at all as long as they hold on to the power. Because power is money, and that's all they care about - it's what they worship..

If we indict a large number of people, aren't we indicting the human race too?  Isn't that misanthropy?  If so, I can get behind that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I really hope your right about that, but I suspect the GOP will do whatever it takes to hold on to power in the House - anything at all, illegal, immoral unethical, anything at all as long as they hold on to the power. Because power is money, and that's all they care about - it's what they worship..

I'll bet on the Democrats to take the House by a margin of 230-205 total and 5-to-9 odds on controlling the Senate. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 08, 2018, 03:51:26 AM
I'll bet on the Democrats to take the House by a margin of 230-205 total and 5-to-9 odds on controlling the Senate.

CIA says ... all votes to Democrats ... then they get power
CIA says ... all votes to Republicans ... then they keep power

Are you betting against the CIA?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Too, too, too fucking true!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

When I was young (late teens), I was a Republican.  We had progressive Republicans in MD, and I liked them.  But then came "Tricky Dick" Nixon and Agnew and I was pretty much pushed out of the Republican Party.  I saw a difference in the way the 2 parties thought.  I thought tactically like Republicans (like playing chess) and still do.  I'm a rogue Democrat.  So I understand the way they think. 

Now I think more about others than I do for my own gain, so I vote Democratic.  But I've never forgotten how Republicans think (and it hasn't changed:

1.  Look out for yourself.
2.  Think short term (next election)
3.  Think long term (judges)
4.  When in doubt, see #1.

Trump is the logical outcome of decades of #1-4.  What my (sort of) fellow Democrats do NOT understand is that Trump will do ANYTHING to hold power, gain power, and crush the enemy.  Democrats (the poor saps) keep trying to "meet halfway" on issues.  That never works.  That never works because the Republicans either win or lose; there is no "halfway, compromise, or "getting along".  They have the mindset of Atilla The Hun.

Supporting the Democratic party agenda is a "desire to help others at your own expense and thinking of the future".  Supporting the Republican party agenda is "I want MINE and I want it now; damn the future and the horse it will ride in on"!

The basic motto of the Democratic party is 'The Desiderata'.  Moat of you know it, but if not, it can be searched for easily.

The basic motto of the Republican party is best expressed by Mordred in "Camelot".  Which is not so easily found, so I will quote the lyrics:

The Seven Deadly Virtues:

"The seven deadly virtues, those ghastly little traps
Oh no, my liege, they were not meant for me
Those seven deadly virtues were made for other chaps
Who love a life of failure and ennui
Take courage-now there's a sport
An invitation to the state of rigor mort
And purity-a noble yen
And very restful every now and then
I find humility means to be hurt
It's not the earth the meek inherit, it's the dirt
Honesty is fatal, it should be taboo
Diligence-a fate I would hate
If charity means giving, I give it to you
And fidelity is only for your mate
You'll never find a virtue unstatusing my quo or making my Beelzebubble burst
Let others take the high road, I will take the low
I cannot wait to rush in where angels fear to go
With all those seven deadly virtues, free and happy little me has not... been... cursed!"

Every Republican will agree (privately) and act aghast (publicly).  Well, that's the tactic.

Trump will sacrifice any and all supporters at the least threat to himself.  Everyone who ever worked for him, now matter how closely and for how many years, is "who?  Some minor critter in my world".

Wait til the investigations close in on his family.  Wanna bet it will be "Ivanka who?".  Oh, just some kid of that previous broad!"

There is nothing Trump won't do to keep his imagined greatness persona intact.  EOL

Baruch

Similar development, but a few years younger.

The early Nixon was positive for me (opening to China), but turned sour.  I blamed bad D-party policy on Southern Ds, and LBJ.  With the Southern Ds moving into the R-party, that solved itself, and LBJ died.  I wasn't nearly negative enough on Ds when i was young.  It took decades for me to realize they were irredeemable. 

With Nixon gone, Reagan seemed attractive, I had lived in California before 1980, and it hadn't gone to hell in a hand basket yet.  I now realize what a coup the Nixon Watergate situation was.  His crimes were small compared to LBJ and Clinton/Obama.  Carter seemed a good guy out of his depth.

I support Attila and Genghis now ... real men, not soy boys ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on September 08, 2018, 10:38:15 AM
It's not the earth the meek inherit, it's the dirt
That's a great line!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2018, 02:03:41 PM
That's a great line!

Humans are Earth Angels.  Go get your hands dirty!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2018, 02:03:41 PM
That's a great line!

Definitely, one of my favorite songs.  And that line IS one of the best parts.