35 out of 39 Defcon child contestants are able to hack Mid-Term elect. computers

Started by Baruch, August 14, 2018, 01:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

And the fastest success was this 11 year old ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOscAI5jZhM

See, all young Americans are now Russian agents for Putin ;-)

Happened in Las Vegas, but reported in RT.  Why not in US sources, about an event in the US?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

I'm sorry, how does the fact a kid can do it make an adult doing it less likely?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2018, 01:09:12 PMHappened in Las Vegas, but reported in RT.  Why not in US sources, about an event in the US?
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/defcon-hackers-voting-machines_us_5b70f6b8e4b0ae32af994290 one of dozens of hits from simply googling "midterm elections defcon"

When people say stuff like "why doesn't the mainstream media cover this??!" is it because they don't know how to google or is it some cheap sensationalist ploy?

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2018, 01:17:18 PM
I'm sorry, how does the fact a kid can do it make an adult doing it less likely?

Even a cave man can do it.  Your election officials are complete idiots.  Demonstrated repeatedly with other computers in Washington ....

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/inside-cyberattack-shocked-us-government/

In my actual work, we take computer security very seriously.  But not all departments do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 14, 2018, 01:21:59 PM
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/defcon-hackers-voting-machines_us_5b70f6b8e4b0ae32af994290 from one of dozens of hits from simply googling "midterm elections defcon"

When people say stuff like "why doesn't the mainstream media cover this??!" is it because they don't know how to google or is some cheap sensationalist ploy?

MSM can't find the key to the reporter's bathroom.  They cover what the CIA/FBI tell them to cover, and say about it what they are told to say.  Cultural Marxists all the way down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Ooo, Evil Twin was out there with his daughter; I'll have to follow up with them, I think they got back yesterday, maybe not until today.  She won't have been in the kids' hack, she's 18 now.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

It's been known for years that voting machines were very hackable. That's just the way the GOP likes it, so they can keep control of elections when they need an absolute win. And they're getting desperate to keep control of the House and Senate, they can't stand the possibility of losing either. Power equals money, and they love money more than life itself.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 14, 2018, 01:49:22 PM
It's been known for years that voting machines were very hackable. That's just the way the GOP likes it, so they can keep control of elections when they need an absolute win. And they're getting desperate to keep control of the House and Senate, they can't stand the possibility of losing either. Power equals money, and they love money more than life itself.
That's not quite accurate.  They like paper ballots, too.  Especially the ones with hanging chads.  Really, either way is fine as long as unlimited amounts of money can be dumped into the system, voting districts are shaped like chinese dragons, and the electoral college (sometimes with the help of the supreme court) determines the end result.

"Hey, you lost fair and square..."

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 14, 2018, 01:49:22 PM

Then why do you vote?  To enable the assholes who do this?  Do you approve of bank robbery too (though you yourself don't rob banks)?  Pay taxes, be a warmonger.  Obey laws, be a tyrant.  Why aren't you an anarchist?  (I repeat myself).

What did the Democrats do in 1960?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

proof that you should never trust children ever, they are all evil and need to be held in a tube of suspended animation until they turn 18.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on August 14, 2018, 08:27:39 PM
proof that you should never trust children ever, they are all evil and need to be held in a tube of suspended animation until they turn 18.
Do they age in suspended animation?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 14, 2018, 11:29:53 PM
Do they age in suspended animation?

Yes their fed information to their dreams matrix style until they are 18, then allowed to enter society.

And what a society it would be, imagine it,. No more pedophiles, no more dumbing down things for children or censoring things because 'won't somebody please think of the children', no more kids versions of products.

Ah, what a world ^^

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?