News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Having to die one day...

Started by SoldierofFortune, August 13, 2018, 04:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

I want from god my orgasm lasts a half an hour while i am high on heroin or my dopamin receptors pumps.
I cant think of any better wish.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 14, 2018, 06:36:43 PM
I want from god my orgasm lasts a half an hour while i am high on heroin or my dopamin receptors pumps.
I cant think of any better wish.

Not bad.  But I hope you can imagine better, some day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 14, 2018, 02:08:00 PM
If I had a choice I'd have an afterlife where I could roam and have adventures like Baron Munchausen.

But, alas, I don't think I'm going to have that choice.

Achtung!  Only if you learn German.  Lunacy is your style ;-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5zVbzWgByk
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 14, 2018, 01:30:07 PM
Yeah, that's the problem with faith memes - they want to propagate themselves throughout the whole population. If people could just keep their faith to themselves there would be no problem with it, but they just can't seem to do that. I think they feel if they can spread the meme then that will vindicate their own faith. And if they can make their faith meme the law of the land then they won't have to work so hard to propagate it.

Marxist memes too.  Except Marx doesn't promise you anything more than Utopia ... while not informing you what the word means.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2018, 11:51:19 AM
Death is an inevitable stage of life. No matter how much you worry about it, how much you fear it, it will happen regardless. Why fear that which is inevitable? And it's one thing to fear the pain of dying, but the state of being dead is no more worth being afraid of than the act of being born.

It's okay to let that fear come, like any other thought, but you have to let it go as well because death is not present for us now. There is no past, nor is there a future, the only time that will ever exist for us is the present. Do you know how you will die? Doubtful. So it is ridiculous to fear something you don't even know how or when it will happen. There is no point in spending your present existence worrying about an existence that will never come to pass.

What is there in death to fear? If you fell asleep one night and never woke up... does the concept of being eternally asleep scare you? Perhaps you are different, but there is nothing terrifying about that to me, because there will be no "me" left to care one way or another.

Have you ever kissed a dead dear one goodbye?  If you have, then you might know something of death.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2018, 05:08:19 PM
Ya know, I'd rather wake up to 72 comely prostitutes.  They'd know what I'd like and how to make it happen!! :))

Your true character reveals itself (along with others).  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I have erotic fantasies too, but I realize that realizing them, would be insane.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 14, 2018, 02:15:18 PM
With my luck, it'd be 72 Virginians...

Well, I'm going to have nightmares tonight.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2018, 07:01:16 PM
Not bad.  But I hope you can imagine better, some day.

Some wise ancient sages thought that the way to catch the true happiness extends through hedonism ie to satisfying our bodily needs... For ex. To eat a delicious meal, or to have a good sex etc. These stimulate the brain to secrete hormones that make us satisfied.

What do you think the better would be? Am i so materialist?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2018, 07:14:18 PM
Well, I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

Some like their fillies to be ... tough lovers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 14, 2018, 07:15:03 PM
Some wise ancient sages thought that the way to catch the true happiness extends through hedonism ie to satisfying our bodily needs... For ex. To eat a delicious meal, or to have a good sex etc. These stimulate the brain to secrete hormones that make us satisfied.

What do you think the better would be? Am i so materialist?

Hedonist isn't bad, unless you don't like it.  It isn't either/or ... but both.  Unless you are a Desert Father (4th century Egyptian Christian hermit).  They prefer to wrestle with demons.  Succubi or Incubi, I am not sure ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2018, 07:12:31 PM
Your true character reveals itself (along with others).  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I have erotic fantasies too, but I realize that realizing them, would be insane.
Which was one of my points---believing in an afterlife or 72 virgins to go with that afterlife, is insane. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2018, 07:35:41 PM
Which was one of my points---believing in an afterlife or 72 virgins to go with that afterlife, is insane.

So is life itself.  There is no sanity in it.  Though people keep looking for it, like the Philosopher's Stone.

Heaven/hell is right here, right now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2018, 07:37:46 PM
So is life itself.  There is no sanity in it.  Though people keep looking for it, like the Philosopher's Stone.

Heaven/hell is right here, right now.
Absolutely.  Either you give your life meaning or it simply won't have any. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2018, 07:50:18 PM
Absolutely.  Either you give your life meaning or it simply won't have any.

Meaning and insanity aren't mutually exclusive.  The ancient Sophists are just as much dust now as the majority they lampooned.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.