News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Having to die one day...

Started by SoldierofFortune, August 13, 2018, 04:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

How does not this truth make you crazy?
To not to be crazy on death, i think we should ignore it. I mean we should behave like there is no death. The history of religions and philosophy is full of consolotion of the situation of men on death.

A man that really conceives one day he will die should give himself to science, art, or to change the world, to politics.

Thanks for listening to me.

Gawdzilla Sama

If you spend every worrying about dying you have never lived.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I can live with death, as long as the process of dying is very short. As Mark Twain said, “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

It isn't death I concern myself with, but living.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 13, 2018, 04:22:29 PM
If you spend every worrying about dying you have never lived.

No, actually vice versa...
I want my life to live it full. But in the end, i dont wanna mention of the end. We will join the absence. Dont you wanna live till eternity, i know one day our memory will be loaded to chips and in our silicon protectors we will live 4eva.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 13, 2018, 04:27:08 PM
I can live with death, as long as the process of dying is very short. As Mark Twain said, “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

It isn't death I concern myself with, but living.

I applause you for internalizing twains opinion.. I also agree with him on death. My concern is also to live it full. But i ignore the reality that we are wasting so many times on the 'net: )

Unbeliever

All we can really do is waste time, anyway. Here's another quote, this time from Clarence Darrow:

“We are born and we die; and between these two most important events in our lives more or less time elapses which we have to waste somehow or other. In the end it does not seem to matter much whether we have done so in making money, or practicing law, or reading or playing, or in any other way, as long as we felt we were deriving a maximum of happiness out of our doings.”
God Not Found

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 13, 2018, 04:57:45 PM
All we can really do is waste time, anyway. Here's another quote, this time from Clarence Darrow:

“We are born and we die; and between these two most important events in our lives more or less time elapses which we have to waste somehow or other. In the end it does not seem to matter much whether we have done so in making money, or practicing law, or reading or playing, or in any other way, as long as we felt we were deriving a maximum of happiness out of our doings.”

So you think the absolute and ultimate goal in life is to arrive the happiness. In the process whay we do is not so important. If you wish drink till die if it makes u happy, or wish to be a health crazy.

By the way i am 29 and have been drinking alcohol since my 18, my alcoholic career covers 11 years. I stayed in psyciatry services 8 times etc. My purpose of saying this is that i wanna see my 70s if god doesnt cause any accident. Because of this in these times death is in my mind.

Unbeliever

Well, I don't seek to be happy, I seek to avoid unhappiness. I could never be truly happy as long as I know about all the horrible pain and suffering that goes on in the world, both human and non-human.
God Not Found

Munch

Everything dies at one point, thats the fact of living, all things that live also die eventually.

While the question of ones morality is scary and the thought of just no longer existing is too, if all you do every day when you wake up is think about this fact about yourself then your not really living at all.

The here and now is what matters, and just living it.

If the thought of yourself dying and not leaving much behind or anyone even remembering you, just remember, in several million years time, the sun will either explode or implode, and our solar system will die. Black hole will eventually consume everything in the universe, and the universe itself will be left an empty void of nothing when even dark matter dissipates.

Considering that, it makes you appreciate the here and now even more.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 13, 2018, 04:51:14 PM
I applause you for internalizing twains opinion.. I also agree with him on death. My concern is also to live it full. But i ignore the reality that we are wasting so many times on the 'net: )
Whatever you do is a waste----to somebody.  If what you do is deemed a waste by you, then it is a waste.  If you deem it not to be a waste, then it isn't.  It is really that simple.  You are what you think; and you think what you are.  The universe really does revolve around you and what you think it is and where you think you fit in--or even if you think you fit in.  Live life as you want to for it is up to you to figure out what that is and how to do it. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 13, 2018, 04:51:14 PM

I have never wasted time on the Internet ... I am alive here.  And to be alive is to not have wasted time.  Being dead is wasting time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc

Trdsf would at least have to grunt his agreement ;-)

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 13, 2018, 05:18:34 PM
Well, I don't seek to be happy, I seek to avoid unhappiness. I could never be truly happy as long as I know about all the horrible pain and suffering that goes on in the world, both human and non-human.

And that is exactly why I can never be happy.  Embrace the despair!

Not only is happiness impossible, but avoiding unhappiness is also impossible.  This is good enough reason to hate G-d.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 13, 2018, 04:57:45 PM

I see your Clarence Darrow and raise you a William Jennings Bryan ... "My place in history will depend on what I can do for the people and not on what the people can do for me. "
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Mousetrap

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 13, 2018, 05:06:58 PM
So you think the absolute and ultimate goal in life is to arrive the happiness. In the process whay we do is not so important. If you wish drink till die if it makes u happy, or wish to be a health crazy.

By the way i am 29 and have been drinking alcohol since my 18, my alcoholic career covers 11 years. I stayed in psyciatry services 8 times etc. My purpose of saying this is that i wanna see my 70s if god doesnt cause any accident. Because of this in these times death is in my mind.
I again believe that the uphill we find in our path through life, makes the journey worthwhile.
I had stage 4 cancer 7 years ago, and am now in remission for 6 years. The chemo was a hard thing to go through, but I learned it is the medicine that made me well, whilst it made me feel sick.
I embraced it.
I learned that there are others who were not as strong as I, and they did not make it.
I learned there were cancer patients who appreciated my positive thinking, and my advice. They learned that cancer can be fought with a positive mind, or at least go down with a fight.
I learned that I was not alone, and the horror was not to receive the treatment, but to know I will recover, only to anyhow die one day.

But the best thing I learned was, I have my family and children who were having much more stress than I.

To me, death is nothing.
Due to me being a theist, a Bible believing one, death is not the only thing in my life that is for sure, but the state of immortality that will follow.

Simply an exchange of a mortal body, to one that never dies, covered in radiating light, sexless, with ultimate knowledge.
Living among every being who were born on this Earth and died, knowing them all, travelling through the whole universe, and beyond. learning the secrets of creation. Knowing the ultimate Creator who told me about all these incredible things.

Wish full thinking, some will say.
Really?
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.