Antifa clashes with police and journalists in Charlottesville and DC

Started by orcus, August 13, 2018, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Ah Antifa.

I firmly believe that if you say "I disagree with you so therefore I will punch you" that means you're a fascist.  Even if you call yourself an anti-fascist.  If you say "I disagree with you so therefore I will punch you" then you are a violent fuckhead with no place in civilized society.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Munch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 15, 2018, 11:08:04 PM
Ah Antifa.

I firmly believe that if you say "I disagree with you so therefore I will punch you" that means you're a fascist.  Even if you call yourself an anti-fascist.  If you say "I disagree with you so therefore I will punch you" then you are a violent fuckhead with no place in civilized society.

Quite so. As I these days adhere to 'i may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it'.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on August 16, 2018, 03:59:22 PM
Quite so. As I these days adhere to 'i may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it'.
Too bad our President doesn't adhere to that.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 16, 2018, 06:46:35 PM
Too bad our President doesn't adhere to that.

I would be happy with a dictatorship ... but I would wish a better dictator than Trump ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 17, 2018, 09:53:46 AM
Antifa == KLantifa.

We are all mixed up over here.  Liberal Majority and Conservative Minorities.  You can't tell the players without a player roster, and a lie detector test.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Ah Antifa.

Actually, "yes".  If you disagree with someone and you punch them as a result, you are at the very least "extreme".  And I really don't care whether you a right-extreme or left-extreme. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 16, 2018, 07:14:03 PM
I would be happy with a dictatorship ... but I would wish a better dictator than Trump ;-(

I feel you should give us some examples of good dictators for comparison though
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Quote from: Munch on August 22, 2018, 10:05:47 AM

Hillary Rodham Clinton? Everybody worshiped her.
Well, except the deplorables.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 22, 2018, 10:05:47 AM

Obama is an evil bastard.  I voted for him twice.  He speaks nice and the liberals worship him as a messiah.  I would have been happy with him as dictator.  Good dictator = effective dictator.  I really wouldn't mind making Republicans shit glass.  But what goes around comes around ... to Democrats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on August 22, 2018, 12:45:44 PM
Hillary Rodham Clinton? Everybody worshiped her.
Well, except the deplorables.

Get real!  Democrats couldn't be a dictator if the great FDR HIMSELF returned and demanded it of them.  Well, THAT ought to get a rise...

Sal1981

This legitimizes far-right views for the wrong reasons. I mean, I think we can all agree that nazis are bad, but violence, protests & de-platforming against nazis is giving them a platform, ironically, to spread their nazi views.

I blame the regressive lefts foot-in-mouth behavior.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on September 15, 2018, 10:18:56 AM
This legitimizes far-right views for the wrong reasons. I mean, I think we can all agree that nazis are bad, but violence, protests & de-platforming against nazis is giving them a platform, ironically, to spread their nazi views.

I blame the regressive lefts foot-in-mouth behavior.

You are blaming the rusty nail for the tetnus shot you need after stepping on it. 

If you ignore nazis, they consider it "acceptance".  If you protest them, (by your argument) we are giving them a platform..  Like lose-lose arguments much? 

I'm not disagreeing with you much, just suggesting that objecting to nazis and other alt-right fanatics isn't wrong or purposeless.  Objecting to hateful people strengthens the community of people who object to them.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I AM objecting to your blaming the foot-in-mouth attitude.  A nazi knocks on my front door and I'll kick him in the balls and shove him off my front steps, and rub his face in poison ivy...

Gawdzilla Sama

Ah Antifa.

The far left and the hard right meet somewhere beyond beyond. I love pointing out their similarities to them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers