Author Topic: The Sounds of Mars  (Read 576 times)

Offline trdsf

The Sounds of Mars
« on: December 08, 2018, 12:42:53 AM »
How sensitive is the seismometer on the InSight mission to Mars?

Sensitive enough to pick up the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Re: The Sounds of Mars
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 06:56:47 AM »
"Ack ack!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 07:42:37 AM »
I got goose bumps. Thanks.
'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while Δ± was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Ack ack!"

No coughing allowed.  Unless you are a Martian.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
How sensitive is the seismometer on the InSight mission to Mars?

Sensitive enough to pick up the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

I only regret that I have but one "like" to give for this post!
A.A. Allen,  to Marjoe Gortner, quoted in James A Haught, Covering the Bible Belt II: A Freethinker's Testimony:
"When you can turn people on their head and shake them and no money falls out, then you know God's saying, "Move on, son.""

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »
I couldn't hear it.  But I can imagine hearing it knowing that it "was".  And that is good enough for now...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk