Sarah Jeong, its okay to be racist to white people.

Started by Munch, August 11, 2018, 08:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Since no ones brought this up, figured I would.

If anyones been missing out on this, lets go over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS9aTbhdFyw

So anyone not bothering to watch, Sarah Jeong is a newyork times editor or tech worker or something, who wrote out some very racist tweets, but targeted at white people, and been doing so for years. She being of Asian decent herself, you can't even in this context claim it was just white self loathing, this was flat out racism.

There is no context here, if you replace white with black, it would flat out be seen as racism.

But its the reaction given, or lack there of, that is very telling. Newyork times stands by her, pretty much flat out ignoring what she said as if it wasn't a big deal.

https://nextshark.com/new-york-times-asian-reporter-tweets/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPgwB5Btu8k

I'm guess I'm just curious on how some of my left leaning fellow atheists (or theistic following) here feel about this, since it covers some pretty high levels of hypocrisy.

As this also Broke, several famous youtubers just talking about this case, were hit hard by youtube or twitter for so much as speaking about it, TJ kirk banned on twitter for making a mockery of her tweets, which, you know, was mockery not serious, he got banned while she hasn't been banned from twitter.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Basically E Asian chauvinism, aka their plan per Japan in 1941, or China today, to replace Western Civilization with a different ethnicity (but same technology).  Think racism per Japanese culture (most racist on Earth).  And Chinese look down on Koreans and Japanese.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2018, 08:34:53 PM
Basically E Asian chauvinism, aka their plan per Japan in 1941, or China today, to replace Western Civilization with a different ethnicity (but same technology).  Think racism per Japanese culture (most racist on Earth).  And Chinese look down on Koreans and Japanese.

turns out, she's from south Korea, which when you consider the history, south korea isn't under a dictatorship like north korea, because of how america controlled the region back after WW2, and how the country has managed to grow since then, into currently the 11th richest nation on earth.
Yet despite that fact, she came to america, a white majority nation, and decided to hate on whitey, despite probably never having faced hardship or reason to hate white people genuinely in her life.

But, thats all laid out. The real problem here is why is it okay for a south korean given american citizenship, allowed to be a racist cunt on social media to people in the country they took her in, yet people mockery her tweets are banned or penalized for doing so.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 11, 2018, 08:48:53 PM
turns out, she's from south Korea, which when you consider the history, south korea isn't under a dictatorship like north korea, because of how america controlled the region back after WW2, and how the country has managed to grow since then, into currently the 11th richest nation on earth.
Yet despite that fact, she came to america, a white majority nation, and decided to hate on whitey, despite probably never having faced hardship or reason to hate white people genuinely in her life.

But, thats all laid out. The real problem here is why is it okay for a south korean given american citizenship, allowed to be a racist cunt on social media to people in the country they took her in, yet people mockery her tweets are banned or penalized for doing so.

Korean chauvinism Gangnam Style!  It is said ... that Indian IT guys in Silicon Valley prefer to hire their own "kind" also.  Don't worry, as a post-European you can be a field hand coolie for your Asian overlords.  Just don't pull a rickshaw for a living, it quickly leads to heart failure.  As was predicted by "Animal Farm" some animals are more equal than others.  This applies to any kind of political view.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2018, 08:54:00 PM
Korean chauvinism Gangnam Style!  It is said ... that Indian IT guys in Silicon Valley prefer to hire their own "kind" also.  Don't worry, as a post-European you can be a field hand coolie for your Asian overlords.  Just don't pull a rickshaw for a living, it quickly leads to heart failure.  As was predicted by "Animal Farm" some animals are more equal than others.  This applies to any kind of political view.

it is pretty amusing how such literal pieces written a while back can bear such relevance to todays climate. Amusing, and terrifying.

Still i suppose it falls into being how those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 11, 2018, 09:08:04 PM
it is pretty amusing how such literal pieces written a while back can bear such relevance to todays climate. Amusing, and terrifying.

Still i suppose it falls into being how those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Western people appear to be the dumbest of the dumb.  Regular Beavis & Butthead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 11, 2018, 09:23:43 PM
I think it's actually pretty important that this is brought up.

I have a problem that the people calling for her head are the same people who defend Donald Trump, Milo Yiannopoulos, Sean Hannity (fuck it, let's just say FOX News), and other people who's entire careers circle around this exact same type of identity politics "satire" (trolling & intentional divisiveness).

You cant have your cake and eat it too; if you are crying for someone's head because they said something derogatory towards your group, yet agree with, sing praises and share videos of people who do the exact same thing towards outside groups... well, you reap what you sow. The same people who cry about her saying this are the exact same people who say that people should have the right to be as offensive as they want or even that people should not be punished for being offensive. That double-standard is not acceptable.

My hope is that people on the right realise that how they feel about her tweets is exactly how PoC, women, the "left", etc. feel when professional "News" organizations or the president of the United States behaves in the exact same manner.

Imagine how offensive it is coming from some random writer you have never seen of nor heard of before, and will never hear orf see again... now imagine you receive that type of abuse from people in the real world, from people you might have respected, from coworkers or family... that that type of abuse is ingrained into our culture, that our media propagates it and that our elected politicians all the way up to the president spew that type of abuse on nearly a daily basis.

Her defense is shaky at best, but I do fully believe one thing; she said she did this as "satire" to the people who throw the exact same (or worse) type of abuse at her, a tongue-in-cheek "fuck you" to the people who constantly attacked her for her race, and she regrets doing it because now the conversation has shifted from the fact she was racially abused (and addressing that) to the fact that she used racially abusive language.

If we are going to have a conversation about this, it should be about racially abusive, or frankly any "identity" abusive rhetoric being incorporated into one's rhetoric. That is the root issue at the end of the day.

You do understand what the implications of her tweets cause right? She is essentially promoting violence against white people in a majoritive white nation.

It is the same as a white person going to live in a middle eastern country, and then spreading around messages online about how they hate middle eastern people, calling for violence against them or how they find it funny when old middle eastern men die.

Saying 'oh well so and so did this so that makes it okay for her to say it' is bullshit, only any line drawn, it doesn't matter if people on the right have been promoting the same level of violence on social media against minorities, it doesn't excuse her for doing the same thing. 

Poison Tree

Quote from: Munch on August 11, 2018, 08:29:12 PM

Watching Rogue One with friends (meh) so not watching the videos, but if these are representative of her racist tweets I'd say it's overblown by half.

Quote from: Munch on August 11, 2018, 08:48:53 PM
That's an interesting take on South Korean history
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Draconic Aiur

I just did a essay about Korea in general.

After World War II two  super powers was introduced: the capitalist society: the United States of America and the communist society: the Soviet Union (Russia). After the end of the war when territories were dived Korea was split into two. North Korea taken by the Soviet Union and South Korea taken by the United States of America. The two sides of Korea who war allied by the superpowers would continue the war known as the Cold War, which was a series of tensions and battle between the super powers, for decades. In the 1950’s for example , North Korea with the help of China invaded South Korea only to cause a stalemate when the United States  of America with the help of the United Nations came in to defended South Korea. Since then the United States of America has kept a firm grip of a huge army of soldiers in South Korea, much to the South Koran’s dismay. Because of that dismay Southern Korea looked on at the United States of America with resentment and sought to create better relations with North Korea, which they did in the late 1990’s with gifts of food and industrial investment. However in 2008 when North Korea started nuclear testing those relations were broken.  In 2010 North Korea denied sinking a Southern Korean navy ship and later North Korea’s military fired artillery shells at a southern Korean island killing a few people. This prompted a reason for South Korea to look to the United Stats for closer relations as tensions between South and North Korea rose, to the point that in 2013 South Korea and the United States were doing training exercises and North Korea response to that was to bring it on. Today in 2018 North Korea and United Stats have had peace talks which is all a ploy for United States since North Korea won’t disarm it’s nukes per agreement. The history of North Korea is that they were made to be a ticking time bomb by the Soviet Union and Russia still is in the equation to which I hope it will not lead to WWIII. South Korea is much like what France is to Great Britain, a lacky, and their nation is very dependent to the United States. They are the result of the Cold War’s rivalry and till the end of time unfortunately.

So there was tension among South Koreans with Amrica but North Korea it is more. Drumpf "peace talks" can cause both srtife with South Korea who has took the front of North Korea's bullying and hostilities. Despite their trying to mend the friction the Soviet Union and America caused, North Korea gives in to hate and nationalism the way Adolf Hitler did when Germany took a beating from Post Word War I. This suggest that South Korea also has feelings of the same way but need the USA to protect them from this monster from the past.

Angr from this is reeasonabl because Russia and USA are whitish countries. However when given education and nourishmnt as wll as a tickt to liv in the USA should told hr not all is black and white. The education should tell her not to hate but to love and understand .

Today there is a sickness in the world that started as a good intention with civil rights and quality to evolve into a hateful institution idea that believes like a authoritarian state telling people what kind of information can be displayed, who should be labeled as a "Nazi" or "Sexist" or "racist" and acting like and doing the very thing the Nazi's did. This hat full group who promotes diversity (non white), Gender quality (not males), Civil rights, and religious freedom says that this woman can say anything because she is Asian and therefore diverse and her privilege (which mans the less privileged should have more than the most) is poison and is spreading. But this institution is profitable for those higher up so the higher ups green light this while denying it.  Radical liberal who are known to be in this institution are also emotional and easily manipulated because of this.

So unfortunately, nothing will happen unless her boss has some sense in firing this incompetent racist fool. I' mean seriously she attracts unwanted attention to newspaper with her grammatical errors and "locker talk" despite being a fucking newspaper editor. It's not worth ethic like at all.

Atheon

I've found that those who whine against supposed "racism against white people" (whatever that might be, because in 52 years I have never encountered it in a Western country) tend to be racists.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

Edit: Sorry to remove all my posts, but I remember now why I took a few day break from the forum... this just isn't worth it anymore.

I know several people are going to like my posts, and I would like to think it's because I have something interesting or thoughtful to say but I feel like it ultimately probably just comes down to "us vs them" and I am arguing on the same side. Maybe I'm dead wrong and if I am my apologies for implying you are like that... it's only because I feel like I have been that way for awhile on this forum and am projecting it on yall.

As for the two people I ever argue with... I just cant do it anymore. The negativity is just not worth it when everything I say is just completely ignored and even if I said something they agree with they will quote it back at me and attack me for something I never even said. There is no point anymore.

I have justified it as trying to shut down a hateful ideology (which it still is) and make sure it wasn't left unopposed, but more and more it's become just a matter of, "Your regressive opinion annoys me.". Until I can get back to demolishing them for what they are rather than demolishing them because they are annoying, I just don't have it in my anymore.

Again, sorry to anyone who is wondering why all my posts here just disappeared. I knew I should have stayed on my vacation but I talked myself into one honest response and then when what I knew what would happen happened I responded out of sheer annoyance.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on August 12, 2018, 03:01:19 AM
Edit: Sorry to remove all my posts, but I remember now why I took a few day break from the forum... this just isn't worth it anymore.

I know several people are going to like my posts, and I would like to think it's because I have something interesting or thoughtful to say but I feel like it ultimately probably just comes down to "us vs them" and I am arguing on the same side. Maybe I'm dead wrong and if I am my apologies for implying you are like that... it's only because I feel like I have been that way for awhile on this forum and am projecting it on yall.

As for the two people I ever argue with... I just cant do it anymore. The negativity is just not worth it when everything I say is just completely ignored and even if I said something they agree with they will quote it back at me and attack me for something I never even said. There is no point anymore.

I have justified it as trying to shut down a hateful ideology (which it still is) and make sure it wasn't left unopposed, but more and more it's become just a matter of, "Your regressive opinion annoys me.". Until I can get back to demolishing them for what they are rather than demolishing them because they are annoying, I just don't have it in my anymore.

Again, sorry to anyone who is wondering why all my posts here just disappeared. I knew I should have stayed on my vacation but I talked myself into one honest response and then when what I knew what would happen happened I responded out of sheer annoyance.

That is a choice.  I regret it.  It sounds like giving up.  But it is a legitimate choice. 

This site is not the entire world.  Leaving is not removing yourself from reality.  Fare well...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!