News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stephen Hawking spoke Nonsense!

Started by Mousetrap, August 08, 2018, 09:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on August 09, 2018, 06:43:45 AM
Simple for a Poindexter like you.  But I am Mandark, and I love your sister, DeeDee.
I've already had plenty of experience in trying to teach you advanced subjects, Donkey Kong. You have to want to learn, and you've basically shown how much you don't want to learn, and the best teacher in the world can't teach a student that absolutely steadfastly doesn't want to learn.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2018, 04:11:43 AM
You sure are full of it (faith), but that doesn't count for much here.  Are you on a "mission" or something?
"My faith shall not be shaken, and I am here to prove that to me."  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.  You guys are funny.  I love watching you fail to shake my faith.  Ha, ha, ha, ha.  You lose.  I win.  Ha, ha, ha!" 

A parody of several passersby that show up here from time to time, but I've got no one in mind right now.  You believe me, right?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 09, 2018, 01:45:33 AM
Thank you so much, I am sitting here and laughing out of joy, Thanks for the promotion.
You just dont know how I suffer getting to your standards bro!
:)
You are very welcome.  But I do know how you are suffering.........but that is what a good christian does; suffer for the 'cause'.  And christians have no standards so you should not have too much trouble reaching that level.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 09, 2018, 10:07:46 AM
I've already had plenty of experience in trying to teach you advanced subjects, Donkey Kong. You have to want to learn, and you've basically shown how much you don't want to learn, and the best teacher in the world can't teach a student that absolutely steadfastly doesn't want to learn.

You do know about Baysian statistics.  That wasn't something I needed at the time.  And I only got a broke record sound from you.  I don't need educating on other technical subjects in general, not because I know it all, but because it isn't topical.

I do hope you do find a willing student who can follow what you teach (if you keep to technical subjects).  I am happy to teach Hebrew to adults.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 08, 2018, 09:48:15 AM
I loved when John Lennox made this claim that Nonsense remains nonsense,

says the guy who believes 2/3rds of the universe stars have already fallen to earth. Yeah...yer a brainiac.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 09, 2018, 10:04:36 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markmurphy/2017/01/24/the-dunning-kruger-effect-shows-why-some-people-think-theyre-great-even-when-their-work-is-terrible/#52056d9b5d7c

You, MT, are absolutely convinced in your ability to argue and gather facts, when everyone else sees that you're not doing abysmally. There is an explanation for this difference and that is the Dunning-Kruger effect â€" your ability to self-assess and your ability to perform are the same skill-set. If you are terrible at what you do, you will be terrible at assessing how good a job you're doing. The Dunning-Kruger effect is basically why certification is a thing.

You have been assessed by your more competent peers and have been found wanting. I in particular have given you real tests to assess your ability to do physics, and you have been unable to do them. I still await your calculations showing the viability of the "Biblical" nebular hypothesis.

John Lennox has the same affliction. He is not trained in the very fields that would allow him to competently assess Hawking's ideas. Now, he might be right, but that's a matter for other experts in the field to decide, not him. So far, none of his criticisms have stuck.

Well said and thank you!  CHEERS...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 09, 2018, 10:04:36 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markmurphy/2017/01/24/the-dunning-kruger-effect-shows-why-some-people-think-theyre-great-even-when-their-work-is-terrible/#52056d9b5d7c

You, MT, are absolutely convinced in your ability to argue and gather facts, when everyone else sees that you're not doing abysmally. There is an explanation for this difference and that is the Dunning-Kruger effect â€" your ability to self-assess and your ability to perform are the same skill-set. If you are terrible at what you do, you will be terrible at assessing how good a job you're doing. The Dunning-Kruger effect is basically why certification is a thing.

You have been assessed by your more competent peers and have been found wanting. I in particular have given you real tests to assess your ability to do physics, and you have been unable to do them. I still await your calculations showing the viability of the "Biblical" nebular hypothesis.

John Lennox has the same affliction. He is not trained in the very fields that would allow him to competently assess Hawking's ideas. Now, he might be right, but that's a matter for other experts in the field to decide, not him. So far, none of his criticisms have stuck.
Now why dont you and I discuss...say...Time dilation and length contraction?
I do not agree that time can be changed and therefor have a huge problem with The theory of relativity, and special relativity.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

Quote from: aitm on August 09, 2018, 07:55:34 PM
says the guy who believes 2/3rds of the universe stars have already fallen to earth. Yeah...yer a brainiac.
Wonder when this happened?
I hope it is not a reference to the 3rd of the stars falling to the Earth in Revelation.
Oh, gosh, then you do not know what the metaphorical use of stars in Revelation is?
I know it is difficult to see when something is a prophetical vision, and when it is an observation.

Anyhow, who says I believe that one third of the stars fell to the earth?
I believe that one third of the angels fell to the Earth and became daemons serving Satan through Atheism.

I found the Mathematical calculations in Revelation counting the angels with God as 404 million and those that fell to 200 million.
Well, give or take 4 million, it is a third.
Tell you what, seeing you are so into revelation, see if you can find out what I was talking about and show me the math in these verses about fallen stars.

Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 13, 2018, 07:39:50 AM
I do not agree that time can be changed and therefor have a huge problem with The theory of relativity, and special relativity.

Depends on how you define time and length.  What happened in 1905 is they got redefined.  Per earlier ideas, it is nonsense.

In the original "sensorium of G-d" ... like with Newton, there is a Platonic reality, but Christian.  Things are the way they are, in absolute terms because that is the way they are in the mind of G-d, not because that is the way they are in the mind of Man.  Man = relative, G-d = absolute ... according to egg headed theologians.

In fact, if you study the details from that time, it was all about "saving appearances" ... an idea that originally appeared in Paradise Lost by John Milton.  But this nudging of definitions has been very successful.  And part of the reasoning behind SR is the epistemology of Ernst Mach (of the Mach number).  Newton wasn't just building a useful calculator model ... but making a claim about what reality is.

http://www.vision.net.au/~apaterson/science/physics_newtonian.htm
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 13, 2018, 07:39:50 AM
Whatevs, Mr. Ego.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 13, 2018, 07:49:16 AM
Wonder when this happened?
I hope it is not a reference to the 3rd of the stars falling to the Earth in Revelation.
Oh, gosh, then you do not know what the metaphorical use of stars in Revelation is?
I know it is difficult to see when something is a prophetical vision, and when it is an observation.

Anyhow, who says I believe that one third of the stars fell to the earth?
I believe that one third of the angels fell to the Earth and became daemons serving Satan through Atheism.

I found the Mathematical calculations in Revelation counting the angels with God as 404 million and those that fell to 200 million.
Well, give or take 4 million, it is a third.
Tell you what, seeing you are so into revelation, see if you can find out what I was talking about and show me the math in these verses about fallen stars.

I think that pretty much establishes you as a person lacking in logical thought.  Don't you have anywhere else to be?  Anything you say after this is pretty much unimportant.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!