News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stephen Hawking spoke Nonsense!

Started by Mousetrap, August 08, 2018, 09:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

I loved when John Lennox made this claim that Nonsense remains nonsense, even when spoken by the worlds' greatest scientists.

When Hawking published his book, The Grand Design, where he postulated that because the laws of Gravity exists, the Universe could spontaneously create itself.

What Hawking did was to bury his position of a visionary physicist, with a claim that only someone with extraordinary Mathematical skills will understand what he speaks about in his theory.
Well, Hawking did not know that there are such people, but in opposition to his atheistic views, who are well beyond the required mathematical yard line, who does not agree with what he came up with.

John Lennox...

If you read Lennox's book, you will see just how Hawkings [incorrectly spelled but pointed out by a cool guy] actually changes something into nothing, and uses this nothing-something as evidence that something came out of nothing.

Hawkins' Nonsense
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Baruch

Sorry, Hawking had a 2-dimensional time hypothesis, in order to make reality recursive (feedback from the future into the past).  Ouroboros ... from alchemy theory.  It didn't fly with scientists either.  I give him an A for trying however.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

John Lennox is an expert in group theory, not differential geometry, or on Hamiltonian mechanics. He has no credentials to say that Hawking's assertions are nonsense.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 08, 2018, 09:48:15 AMWhen Hawking published his book, The Grand Design, where he postulated that because the laws of Gravity exists, the Universe could spontaneously create itself.
Suffice it to say that I doubt you could accurately summarize The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so I very much doubt you could accurately present (much less refute) any of Stephen Hawking's works.

P.S. - did you really spell it Hawkins?! WTF.

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 08, 2018, 01:43:47 PM
John Lennox is an expert in group theory, not differential geometry, or on Hamiltonian mechanics. He has no credentials to say that Hawking's assertions are nonsense.

Most of those things we can't even spell.  Speak English ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 08, 2018, 09:48:15 AM
I loved when John Lennox made this claim that Nonsense remains nonsense, even when spoken by the worlds' greatest scientists.

Interesting.  Considering your claims don't even reach the level of nonsense; stupidity, just plain stupidity.  You reach the level of stupid on a very good day for you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hakurei Reimu

(she bites!)

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 08, 2018, 11:01:52 PM
Interesting.  Considering your claims don't even reach the level of nonsense; stupidity, just plain stupidity.  You reach the level of stupid on a very good day for you.
Thank you so much, I am sitting here and laughing out of joy, Thanks for the promotion.
You just dont know how I suffer getting to your standards bro!
:)
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 08, 2018, 11:36:48 PM
@Baruch
I'll speak LMGTFY to you:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=differential+geometry
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hamiltonian+mechanics

(But basically general relativity and quantum mechanics.)
Jeez you guys are funny!!!

Believe me, I am laughing here and everyone around me think Ive gon crazy.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 09, 2018, 01:47:30 AM

Well, yes, we do.  You ARE scientifically ignorant.  You sure are full of it (faith), but that doesn't count for much here.  Are you on a "mission" or something?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 08, 2018, 11:36:48 PM
@Baruch
I'll speak LMGTFY to you:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=differential+geometry
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hamiltonian+mechanics

(But basically general relativity and quantum mechanics.)

Simple for a Poindexter like you.  But I am Mandark, and I love your sister, DeeDee.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Hakurei and I have an unhappy history.  Like the Odd Couple of old men sharing the same apartment, but with opposite personalities (old TV show).  So he and I have sub-texts of sub-texts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2018, 04:11:43 AM
Well, yes, we do.  You ARE scientifically ignorant.  You sure are full of it (faith), but that doesn't count for much here.  Are you on a "mission" or something?

Seems so.  And this web site only has room for one giant ego (irony).  People on a mission are ego maniacs of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markmurphy/2017/01/24/the-dunning-kruger-effect-shows-why-some-people-think-theyre-great-even-when-their-work-is-terrible/#52056d9b5d7c

You, MT, are absolutely convinced in your ability to argue and gather facts, when everyone else sees that you're not doing abysmally. There is an explanation for this difference and that is the Dunning-Kruger effect â€" your ability to self-assess and your ability to perform are the same skill-set. If you are terrible at what you do, you will be terrible at assessing how good a job you're doing. The Dunning-Kruger effect is basically why certification is a thing.

You have been assessed by your more competent peers and have been found wanting. I in particular have given you real tests to assess your ability to do physics, and you have been unable to do them. I still await your calculations showing the viability of the "Biblical" nebular hypothesis.

John Lennox has the same affliction. He is not trained in the very fields that would allow him to competently assess Hawking's ideas. Now, he might be right, but that's a matter for other experts in the field to decide, not him. So far, none of his criticisms have stuck.
(she bites!)