Why does the left hate Israel?

Started by pr126, August 20, 2018, 04:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://cpj.org/reports/2002/05/israel-cases.php

An old report on the number of attacks on journalists by the IDF, but this behaviour has not improved.

2012: Acting on Orders, Israeli Soldiers Assaulted Journalists to Prevent Media Coverage -

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-idf-soldiers-assaulted-palestinian-reporters-to-prevent-news-coverage-1.5866987

You have the apartheid-style state set up that the international community, outside of the United States and Israel, recognizes as being a humanitarian concern. You have settlements being established across Palestinian territory that involve displacing families from their homes, tearing them down, and then telling the now homeless family that they are foreigners and need to get off Israeli territory before they are killed. You have people who's entire livelihood are dependent on the IDF allowing you to go through multiple checkpoints in your own country.

No one is saying Israel does not possess good traits, but the fact that they are good in some regards (or better than their neighbours) doesn't suddenly become an excuse for human rights violations.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Left was and still is agents of communism.  Israelis are killers, just like Americans.  No good guys anywhere.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Nobody mentions the Hamas human rights violation.

Like sending rockets to Israel, using women and children as human shields, digging tunnels to Israel to attack civilians.
Or the Hamas charter that wants to annihilate Israel.

Odd that. The 24/7 relentless propaganda is silent about that. Wonder why.

Time to Change the Rules in Gaza

Hamas Charter

Allah is its goal, the Prophet its model, the Qur'an its Constitution, Jihad its path and death for the case of Allah its most sublime belief.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Imagine a god that commands to subjugate or kill all those who won't worship him and rewards his believers for it.

A unique entity.

But there again, the Christian god want's the same. Right?
Did Jesus teach murder, rape, plunder, eternal war? I don't think so.
But Muhammad did. It's in the Quran for all eternity.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 20, 2018, 09:46:52 AM
Imagine a god that commands to subjugate or kill all those who won't worship it.

Josiah, Constantine, Omar
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on August 20, 2018, 09:11:29 AM
Nobody mentions the Hamas human rights violation.

Like sending rockets to Israel, using women and children as human shields, digging tunnels to Israel to attack civilians.
Or the Hamas charter that wants to annihilate Israel.

Odd that. The 24/7 relentless propaganda is silent about that. Wonder why.
Actually, that was the media focus until recently, when people started to realize Israel was not the perfect golden haired treasure.  Before that, coverage by the media created the impression of a victimized Israel.  There was little coverage of Israel's unethical behaviors.   

And to be fair, attacks by Hamas and enemies of Israel do still get coverage, but Israel has lost some of it's luster as the victim of evil.  Many people just aren't buying it anymore.  I think the trend in American perception is leaning toward the view that both sides are unwilling to compromise on having what they want.  But that's just an overall generalization.  There is still plenty of support for Israel over here.  And as far as the ongoing conflict is concerned, no one has come up with a broadly supported solution.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 20, 2018, 09:54:26 AM
They were humans, not gods.

Demi-gods, don't harsh Der Fuhrer Prinzip.

They don't gain from resolution, anymore than parties in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Simple. Because Israel oppresses the Palestinians. Hamas and the resulting terrorism are responses to Israel's oppression. Hamas and terrorism are Bad Things, but they are born from the Bad Thing that is Israeli-initiated oppression.

I was in Israel last year. One day I took a sheroot (share-taxi minivan) from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Before the van left, armed cops boarded and pulled off all Arab-looking people for questioning, while not even giving a second glance to us white and/or Jewish passengers (a rabbi was sitting in front of me). This kind of treatment is what Arabs in Israel go through every day. If you don't think being treated like shit every day will radicalize some susceptible people, you're nuts.

In short, Israel is a racist state. We on the left oppose racism.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Blackleaf

Quote from: pr126 on August 20, 2018, 09:46:52 AM
Imagine a god that commands to subjugate or kill all those who won't worship him and rewards his believers for it.

A unique entity.

You mean the Jewish god? Have you read the Old Testament lately?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

All the Middle East is a hodgepodge of crazy religious fanatics.  I've gotten to the point where I don't much care if any of them survive.  Let the desert take them all and solve most of the world's problems.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!