Anyone encounter this psychopath before?

Started by Baruch, July 31, 2018, 03:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Yeah, pretty crazy alright.  He's like G Time Johnny + suit - meth.

Baruch

I think it is his ability to be articulate that is amazing, the words aren't random.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 31, 2018, 11:56:06 PM
I think it is his ability to be articulate that is amazing, the words aren't random.

So this guy is nuts.  So why did you post about him?  He seems right up your alley, though.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2018, 02:49:19 AM
So this guy is nuts.  So why did you post about him?  He seems right up your alley, though.

Haw.  Not all articulate people are insane ... but I might doubt Obama ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 01:20:38 PM
Haw.  Not all articulate people are insane ... but I might doubt Obama ;-)

Emperor Palpatine says:  You have learned the art of misdirection well, young one".  From my POV, your answer had nothing to do with the post.  No big surprise there.

SGOS

I listened to him for 3:30 minutes, and then lost interest.  I don't know-don't care if he's a psychopath.  He was going to talk about something, and he was leading up to it, but, every time I thought he was about to get to a point, he got sidetracked by another thought.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on August 04, 2018, 06:16:09 AM
I listened to him for 3:30 minutes, and then lost interest.  I don't know-don't care if he's a psychopath.  He was going to talk about something, and he was leading up to it, but, every time I thought he was about to get to a point, he got sidetracked by another thought.

Psst...  "psychos", "no point", "weird"...

That how they think.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 06:56:46 AM
Psst...  "psychos", "no point", "weird"...

That how they think.

Typical human then?  Based on my on-line experience, this seems a universal pattern.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

luckswallowsall

There's nothing psychopathic about being deluded.

In fact... quite the opposite is true.

Psychopaths are people without conscience.

Robert D. Hare, the world's biggest expert on psychopathy, has said that some people think that psychopaths are "insane", but this is very mistaken. Psychopaths are often highly rational. There's a big difference between being crazy and having no conscience.

Psychopaths often know that what they are doing is wrong and they know why what they're doing is wrong. They simply don't care and are incapable of caring.

They may be morally insane. As "sane" means "of sound mind" and "insane" therefore means "not of sound mind"... and psychopaths are not of sound moral mind, the conscience being the moral mind.

But when it comes to the part of the mind that deals with rationality and logic in general (which is what a lack of sanity seems to be a lack of)... psychopaths are often far from insane. On average they're probably more rational than the average person. Probably because they're rather emotionless and emotions tend to get in the way of rationality.

But there are certainly some highly irrational psychopaths as well. As many of them are so driven by their present urges that they don't think about consequences. But in some ways those people get diagnosed as sociopaths instead. And many think that there is a distinction between psychopathy and sociopathy. Sociopaths tend to be very messed up people... with messed up childhoods. Whereas psychopaths are basically people born with brain damage... but the part of their brain that is born damaged is the part(s) that involves having a conscience.

But even when it comes to irrational sociopaths... it's one thing to merely be irrational by going against your best interest in the long run by not caring about the consequences of your urges being acted upon in the present moment... it's quite another case to be irrational in the sense of having illogical beliefs. Even when it comes to being irrational enough to self-sabotage yourself and ruin your whole life by not caring of the consequences of your actions... that is once again a case of irrationality due to not caring and not due to being incorrect about your beliefs.

Rationality is a lot broader than logic as a lack of rationality also involves not doing what's in your best interest... and moral irrationality involves not caring about morals.

A psychopath can know that what they're doing is objectively bad for them, and know what they are doing to others is objectively wrong, but simply not care... and be incapable of caring.

It's possible to have no false beliefs and simply not care enough.

Psychopaths have an emotional problem... not a logical problem.

If you're talking about someone's being deluded or crazy or psychotic... you're not talking about psychopathy. Psychosis and psychopathy are COMPLETELY different

Cavebear

Quote from: luckswallowsall on September 27, 2018, 07:23:56 AM
There's nothing psychopathic about being deluded.

In fact... quite the opposite is true.

Psychopaths are people without conscience.

Robert D. Hare, the world's biggest expert on psychopathy, has said that some people think that psychopaths are "insane", but this is very mistaken. Psychopaths are often highly rational. There's a big difference between being crazy and having no conscience.

Psychopaths often know that what they are doing is wrong and they know why what they're doing is wrong. They simply don't care and are incapable of caring.

They may be morally insane. As "sane" means "of sound mind" and "insane" therefore means "not of sound mind"... and psychopaths are not of sound moral mind, the conscience being the moral mind.

But when it comes to the part of the mind that deals with rationality and logic in general (which is what a lack of sanity seems to be a lack of)... psychopaths are often far from insane. On average they're probably more rational than the average person. Probably because they're rather emotionless and emotions tend to get in the way of rationality.

But there are certainly some highly irrational psychopaths as well. As many of them are so driven by their present urges that they don't think about consequences. But in some ways those people get diagnosed as sociopaths instead. And many think that there is a distinction between psychopathy and sociopathy. Sociopaths tend to be very messed up people... with messed up childhoods. Whereas psychopaths are basically people born with brain damage... but the part of their brain that is born damaged is the part(s) that involves having a conscience.

I have a broader view of "psychopathy". 

luckswallowsall

Quote from: Cavebear on September 27, 2018, 07:28:26 AM
I have a broader view of "psychopathy".

Well, you can have whatever view you like but some views are more correct than others.

luckswallowsall

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 08:46:00 AM
Typical human then?  Based on my on-line experience, this seems a universal pattern.

No... typical humans have a conscience.... even very selfish and awful bullies and violent criminals tend to have their limits. Most people wouldn't torture animals or children for the pure fun of it.

Being deluded is certainly most humans though. Most humans tend to be irrational and wrong about stuff. Many Psychopaths would agree with that  . . .

Cavebear

Quote from: luckswallowsall on September 27, 2018, 07:29:54 AM
Well, you an have whatever view you like but some views are more correct than others.

Let's discuss that.  I personnally think that all people who willingly commit crimes without provocation are psychopathic.  What is your view about that?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 27, 2018, 07:37:00 AM
Let's discuss that.  I personnally think that all people who willingly commit crimes without provocation are psychopathic.  What is your view about that?
You missed the point. HIS views are more correct than others.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers