News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How Would the Left Describe Islam?

Started by pr126, July 31, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Those looked like Shia Muslim men, celebrating the martyrdom of Ali and Hussain.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on July 31, 2018, 01:25:00 PM
Those looked like Shia Muslim men, celebrating the martyrdom of Ali and Hussain.
Correct.

Cavebear

I don't know how "the left" would describe islam, but I would describe it as 12th century christianity in terms of irrational crazed anger and murderous reaction to insult.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

I think the Left will describe Islam as:
Mmmmm...
...as 12th century Christianity in terms of irrational crazed anger and murderous reaction to insult.
:cool:
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mike Cl

I'm of the left and I describe it as a fiction--as are all religions.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 15, 2018, 11:13:46 AM
I'm of the left and I describe it as a fiction--as are all religions.
The global jihad is also a fiction. Along with the mass migration to colonize Europe.
Clearly a tin foil hat conspiracy.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 15, 2018, 11:56:59 AM
The global jihad is also a fiction. Along with the mass migration to colonize Europe.

Alex Jones supports that idea, so it must be false.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on August 15, 2018, 11:56:59 AM
Just because Islam is a fiction does not mean they are not destructive.  All religions are destructive to one extent or another.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 15, 2018, 03:23:00 PM
Just because Islam is a fiction does not mean they are not destructive.  All religions are destructive to one extent or another.
He's doing that thing were he says something sarcastically to push you to the opposite conclusion.  It's a very easily-spotted and easily resisted method of psychological manipulation.

Check this out:

Squirrels are peaceful.  Squirrels never hurt anyone.  No one should be alarmed at the growing ranks of squirrels pouring over our border with Canada.  Sleep tight, America.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 15, 2018, 03:23:00 PM

Humans = failed species ... no warp drive for you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2018, 06:46:40 PM
Humans = failed species ... no warp drive for you!

We're actually a very successful species.. too successful, we overpopulate across the globe and our presence threatens so many other species, environment and even the atmosphere.

We've evolved to live so much longer then once was expected, use so many resources, prevent ourselves from getting sick and cure diseases and injuries, boost our own immune system.

We improved ourselves to the determent of everything else.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 15, 2018, 08:17:15 PM
We're actually a very successful species.. too successful, we overpopulate across the globe and our presence threatens so many other species, environment and even the atmosphere.

We've evolved to live so much longer then once was expected, use so many resources, prevent ourselves from getting sick and cure diseases and injuries, boost our own immune system.

We improved ourselves to the determent of everything else.

Success = harmony not cacophony
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Yes, all religions are destructive to some extent, some more and some less.  Even mine.

In terms of per-capita I think Islam is the second worst religion in the world.  Even worse than Christianity which has loads of problems.  The problem with the per-capita rating system is that there are 1.8 Billion Muslims compared to 8 Million Scientologists, making them the worst in aggregate.  Also, the moderates (they do exist) do a piss-poor job of reining in the extremists.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

pr126

QuoteAlso, the moderates (they do exist) do a piss-poor job of reining in the extremists.

They cannot do that.

Theologically, they haven't got a leg to stand on. Jihad is mandated by Allah for every believing Muslim.
Not always by warfare, but by any other means possible.

Furthermore, if they are against jihad, they have deemed to be hypocrites, or worse, apostates.
Those can be killed according to Islamic law. (Quran 4:89)

Since 1948,  11 million Muslim were killed by other Muslims, who were not Muslim enough.

While we in the west only notice the fighting jihadist, there is a lot of other Muslim who are supporting the "extremist" read true believers with money, weapons, moral support, logistics, planning, subterfuge, propaganda, infiltration into establishments, government positions, spying, mass immigration to spread Islam at your expense, dawah, etc. that is not immediately visible to the people. But it exists. Stealth jihad.
Terrorism is just a tiny part of jihad. There is far more happening without you noticing.

The Muslim Brotherhood in North America (Canada/USA)