Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I saw the Blackbird at the US Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.  It was on display with a few other hot planes.  My cousin, formerly in the Air Force, was working there as a Civilian and had clearance to show me around.  Not everywhere around, and there were certain areas we attempted to enter where they wouldn't let me in.  I suppose there were places they wouldn't have let him in either.  I didn't see it fly.  It was on a fixed pedestal.  I didn't know much about it, but he told me it was the fastest plane in the Air Force.  When I asked, "How fast," he said that it was classified.  So I asked if he knew how fast, and he said he didn't know either.  So then I said does it go faster than a thousand miles an hour and he assured me that it did, so like a little kid I kept upping the numbers, and he would say, I'm pretty sure it goes faster than that.  Somewhere around two thousand miles an hour, he lost patience with me, and as if he were talking to a little kid, he just said, "Look, I really don't know how fast it is." 

I was content to know it was really really really fast.

Gawdzilla Sama

It was the RS-71 until they couldn't get Lyndon Johnson to stop saying "SR-71". Budget on the line, they didn't quibble.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

We tracked one on radar once while I was stationed in Germany. Picked it up over northern France and tracked it most of the way across West Germany until it went out of range somewhere over Czechoslovakia. The whole thing only last a few minutes, and we probably never would have noticed it if someone hadn't given us a heads up on where to look.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 31, 2018, 08:15:55 PM
We tracked one on radar once while I was stationed in Germany. Picked it up over northern France and tracked it most of the way across West Germany until it went out of range somewhere over Czechoslovakia. The whole thing only last a few minutes, and we probably never would have noticed it if someone hadn't given us a heads up on where to look.
Yeah, but you guys routinely track Santa!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on July 31, 2018, 09:43:24 AM
I saw the Blackbird at the US Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.  It was on display with a few other hot planes. 

I think we've seen the same one, then :).

Wish I still had base privileges, last time I went there I had to be no more than like... 10 and would love to see those as an adult. That and the "Taj Mahal" at Randolph.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 07:42:36 PM
Typical Navy intelligence? ;-)  They don't have a ship near Cheyenne Mountain.
No, but they have intell collection systems well inland in Queensland. You will never really know where they are.

And your remote is under the sofa.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 01, 2018, 07:51:38 PM
No, but they have intell collection systems well inland in Queensland. You will never really know where they are.

And your remote is under the sofa.

Yes, crocodiles being water-living, are natural hiding places for Navy intel devices.  Too bad the able bodies seamen who implanted them, didn't survive.  Bwahaha.  Found out my new boss served on the old nuclear Enterprise.  He liked the Forrestal better.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 08:00:16 PM
Yes, crocodiles being water-living, are natural hiding places for Navy intel devices.  Too bad the able bodies seamen who implanted them, didn't survive.  Bwahaha.  Found out my new boss served on the old nuclear Enterprise.  He liked the Forrestal better.

Ah, but the Mayans used a crocodile as their city map for one city.  Do you know which?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2018, 01:05:57 PM
Ah, but the Mayans used a crocodile as their city map for one city.  Do you know which?

Was it in the caiman islands ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2018, 02:29:53 PM
Was it in the caiman islands ;-)

That was good!  It was ancient Mayan, and the only grid street layout they used.