News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump wall general

Started by orcus, July 29, 2018, 08:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 01:16:49 PM
We are not a democracy.  Been a slave state the whole time.  Definition of slavery changed in 1865, that is all.

You are a slave?  Report to my toolshed immediately.  I need some work done.  Dinner is creamed corn.  IF you do good work.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 12:52:14 AM
You are a slave?  Report to my toolshed immediately.  I need some work done.  Dinner is creamed corn.  IF you do good work.

Everyone in the US, everyone on Earth is a slave.  But it is important for the slaves not to know that.

For example, per eminent domain, the Federal government owns all your money and all your possessions.  Without that money or possessions, you can't survive, so unless you want to die, you have to do what your government handler tells you.  Otherwise they will clarify your situation (remove the blinkers) so you can see, yes there are aliens walking among us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 08:28:58 AM
Everyone in the US, everyone on Earth is a slave.  But it is important for the slaves not to know that.

For example, per eminent domain, the Federal government owns all your money and all your possessions.  Without that money or possessions, you can't survive, so unless you want to die, you have to do what your government handler tells you.  Otherwise they will clarify your situation (remove the blinkers) so you can see, yes there are aliens walking among us.

Everyone can't be a slave.  Oh, wait, of course, the aliens.  You weren't supposed to mention them you know...

But I'll leave you to THEM!

On the other paw, your idea of "eminent domain" is rather lacking a legal understanding.  Hey, I once considered pre-law, so I KNOW this stuff, right?  Money is an IOU, not property.  The gummint can take your house and land for a highway, but not your mom's ashes. 

I seem to have snuck away from my gummint handler.  Have you done the same? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 08:38:44 AM
Everyone can't be a slave.  Oh, wait, of course, the aliens.  You weren't supposed to mention them you know...

But I'll leave you to THEM!

On the other paw, your idea of "eminent domain" is rather lacking a legal understanding.  Hey, I once considered pre-law, so I KNOW this stuff, right?  Money is an IOU, not property.  The gummint can take your house and land for a highway, but not your mom's ashes. 

I seem to have snuck away from my gummint handler.  Have you done the same?

And not only don't you realize that human trafficking is about chattel slavery, but wage slavery and debt slavery are slavery also.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 08:40:07 AM
And not only don't you realize that human trafficking is about chattel slavery, but wage slavery and debt slavery are slavery also.

You think I don't?  I studied slavery in college.  And I was the latter two for too many years. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 08:49:20 AM
You think I don't?  I studied slavery in college.  And I was the latter two for too many years.

You don't talk like it.  You talk like a senior D party opportunist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 08:54:44 AM
You don't talk like it.  You talk like a senior D party opportunist.

When I was just out of college, I kited checks, dodged cockroaches falling of the ceiling at night, and ate hamburger helper-helper.

I talk like this because I pretty much advance-educated myself with books.  And endless debates since the mid 90's with people like you.  The Chair of the Department of Anthropology at a State University thought I had a PhD in the subject when we talked for several hours after a dinner.  Boy was HE surprised, LOL!  Hey, its a hobby subject.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 09:07:03 AM
When I was just out of college, I kited checks, dodged cockroaches falling of the ceiling at night, and ate hamburger helper-helper.

I talk like this because I pretty much advance-educated myself with books.  And endless debates since the mid 90's with people like you.  The Chair of the Department of Anthropology at a State University thought I had a PhD in the subject when we talked for several hours after a dinner.  Boy was HE surprised, LOL!  Hey, its a hobby subject.

I read all the time, for decades now.  I regret any time I wasted watching TV.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 09:13:23 AM
I read all the time, for decades now.  I regret any time I wasted watching TV.

Well, there is the Science Channel, the History Channel, the Not Baruch Channel...  ;)

Mermaid

My opinion: Before discussing DACA, the stupidity of a physical wall, or the cruelty inflicted on parents and kids, I think the "problem" of illegal immigration isn't nearly as big of a problem as it's hyped to be. We need to back up and start there and not even go down that road.

What exactly is the problem with immigration that is wrecking our economy or otherwise causing us such horrific problems?

I think we've gone completely crazy over essentially nothing.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on August 04, 2018, 02:22:03 PM
My opinion: Before discussing DACA, the stupidity of a physical wall, or the cruelty inflicted on parents and kids, I think the "problem" of illegal immigration isn't nearly as big of a problem as it's hyped to be. We need to back up and start there and not even go down that road.

What exactly is the problem with immigration that is wrecking our economy or otherwise causing us such horrific problems?

I think we've gone completely crazy over essentially nothing.

The "problem" is all in the mind of our President and a few sychophants.  Its a journey into the mind of a crazed loon.

Unbeliever

Trump needs to create enemies, even where they don't exist, because otherwise he has nothing. He has to create hot-button issues to stimulate his base and get them all worked up. What's destroying our economy is tax cuts for the richest people in America. The GOP wants to be able to say that we can no longer afford to pay out all that money in social spending, but we can afford $700,000,000,000 dollars for the war machine.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Trump thinks he's a stand-up comic, a lounge act, and that's not far from the truth. A comic with nuclear bombs is damned scary, though!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 04, 2018, 02:34:10 PM
Trump needs to create enemies, even where they don't exist, because otherwise he has nothing. He has to create hot-button issues to stimulate his base and get them all worked up. What's destroying our economy is tax cuts for the richest people in America. The GOP wants to be able to say that we can no longer afford to pay out all that money in social spending, but we can afford $700,000,000,000 dollars for the war machine.
Boo-YA!  As the tweebs in Kim Possible say.

Ahem.  Yes, correct and I agree.

Mermaid

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 02:30:52 PM
The "problem" is all in the mind of our President and a few sychophants.  Its a journey into the mind of a crazed loon.
I wish it were just a few. The bad information is like cancer. Here's a tiny shred of an example:
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR