News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump wall general

Started by orcus, July 29, 2018, 08:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on August 04, 2018, 02:39:44 PM
I wish it were just a few. The bad information is like cancer. Here's a tiny shred of an example:

Wow!  I'll bet you can't document any of those "facts".  And be aware that I will recheck any facts you offer.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mermaid

What's true and what's false has ceased to matter. If it fits an agenda, people believe it.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 02:45:20 PM
Wow!  I'll bet you can't document any of those "facts".  And be aware that I will recheck any facts you offer.
Cavebear, Mermaid gave us an example of the type of info that is being circulated as 'facts'--but of course, aren't.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

And she did say that's just a tiny shred, a drop in the proverbial bucket. People who can be convinced to believe absurdities can also be persuaded to commit atrocities.

Coming soon to a location near you.

Remember "pizza-gate"? That guy didn't kill anyone, but that was just a fluke.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

I see my error.  I've been online too long.  Leaving, with apologies...

aitm

I think the best choice is to invade Mexico, send in the full military to hunt down the drug lords and gangs. Mexicans are some of the best workers in the world. Give them their land, some technology and remove the corruption and violence (sounds easy)....stand back and you couldn't stop the flood back to their homeland. Of course then our farms and produce would skyrocket because we would have to pay people real money to harvest....meh.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GSOgymrat

Quote from: aitm on August 04, 2018, 04:05:08 PM
I think the best choice is to invade Mexico, send in the full military to hunt down the drug lords and gangs.

Or Americans could stop buying their drugs and selling them weapons. Admittedly a crazy notion.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 04, 2018, 02:50:03 PM
What's true and what's false has ceased to matter. If it fits an agenda, people believe it.

Welcome to the election of 1800 ... courtesy of Jefferson vs Adams.  Have you read anything from our much trusted newspapers?  Partisanship has been ongoing for over 200 years.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 04, 2018, 02:22:03 PM
My opinion: Before discussing DACA, the stupidity of a physical wall, or the cruelty inflicted on parents and kids, I think the "problem" of illegal immigration isn't nearly as big of a problem as it's hyped to be. We need to back up and start there and not even go down that road.

What exactly is the problem with immigration that is wrecking our economy or otherwise causing us such horrific problems?

I think we've gone completely crazy over essentially nothing.

BTW ... I support DACA.  President Obama had the power to pardon any law breakers, particularly children of illegal aliens.  President Clinton pardoned his good buddy, Mark Rich.  Guess he didn't have the guts to do a President Lincoln (Emancipation Proclamation).  I don't expect President Trump to do the right thing either.  I support Hispanic immigrants ... they are mostly Catholic, not communists, they can recover California for theism.  And no, a wall will never be built ... it is just a red herring.  Employers will never stand for it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 04, 2018, 02:50:16 PM
Cavebear, Mermaid gave us an example of the type of info that is being circulated as 'facts'--but of course, aren't.

Fact ... America was founded on treason and heresy.  Deny that please.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 04, 2018, 02:56:58 PM
And she did say that's just a tiny shred, a drop in the proverbial bucket. People who can be convinced to believe absurdities can also be persuaded to commit atrocities.

Coming soon to a location near you.

Remember "pizza-gate"? That guy didn't kill anyone, but that was just a fluke.

And Voltaire helped create the French Revolution and modern anti-Semitism.  The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion originated in France.  Captain Dreyfus was railroaded to Devil's Island.  Fuck France.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 04:48:40 PM
Welcome to the election of 1800 ... courtesy of Jefferson vs Adams.  Have you read anything from our much trusted newspapers?  Partisanship has been ongoing for over 200 years.
Is it your goal to post inane, incomprehensible and trollish shit in every single thread on this forum? If so, you're doing a great job.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 04, 2018, 04:57:18 PM
Is it your goal to post inane, incomprehensible and trollish shit in every single thread on this forum? If so, you're doing a great job.

You have Trump Derangement Syndrome perhaps?  Same thing as Obama Derangement Syndrome.  Yes, I am doing a great job, against all enemies, foreign and domestic (a very minor job to be sure).

Sorry, is American history incomprehensible to you people?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on August 04, 2018, 04:57:18 PM

Apparently, and sadly, so.  We are in total agreement about this.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2018, 07:42:55 AM
Apparently, and sadly, so.  We are in total agreement about this.

You are not a fine connoisseur of Internet postings ... but it is OK if you prefer the Ripple that is usually served up here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.