News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This is huge: *current* liquid water on Mars.

Started by trdsf, July 25, 2018, 03:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 27, 2018, 06:32:55 PM
So? Why does anyone care if we go extinct? The universe will be just fine if we're no longer existent.
We're all the anyones.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

We may be the last of the anyones, but I don't seem to be able to work up a sweat over it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 27, 2018, 05:02:28 PM
Why terraform another planet when we could just terraform Earth? I think Neil De Grasse Tyson said that.

We are ... its called Global Warming.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 04:19:05 PM
Every project manager knows there are 3 parts  to any task (Omnes tres projects habere partes, as Iulius might have not said).   Funding, time and quality.  You can set any 2 but not all 3 at once.  Managers are idiots who think that all 3 can be defined by fiat.

Excellent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 04:59:16 PM
Sounds like a question in a combined Wendys and McDonalds...

They mated and produced Burger King ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

So? Why does anyone care if we go extinct? The universe will be just fine if we're no longer existent.
The universe doesn't care if we go extinct or not, but I do!  I have show tickets for October!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

It would be very unfortunate for our pets.  :(

Plus, I'm kinda hoping that mankind doesn't rise from the muck merely to argue and war and trash up the place before quickly settling back again in a permanent state of death.  Too much of a downer ending to that tale.

Gawdzilla Sama

I hope there are enough humans who don't give up easily to save the rest.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 28, 2018, 05:48:15 AM
I hope there are enough humans who don't give up easily to save the rest.

Be the change.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on August 27, 2018, 10:34:02 PM
The universe doesn't care if we go extinct or not, but I do!  I have show tickets for October!
Well, I doubt we'll go extinct before October, so you should be good to go. I'd give us at least another year or so.
God Not Found

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: trdsf on July 25, 2018, 03:26:12 PM
It's under the southern polar ice cap.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a native Martian habitat.  Whether anything's in it remains to be seen, but dayamn.

I dont think any organism will be found on Mars. The works on terraforming mars is on progress.
Maybe ıt has ıts own atmoshfer and the oxygen to be inhaled to be able to promoto life to its habitants: humans!...

Unbeliever

I think Mars will need more than just water and an atmosphere for humans to live there, it also needs an intact biosphere, and that will take a lot of time to install. We must have many of the microbes, fungi and such that makes life on Earth possible. Maybe they can be engineered to grow quickly in that environment, though.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 28, 2018, 03:00:09 PM
I think Mars will need more than just water and an atmosphere for humans to live there, it also needs an intact biosphere, and that will take a lot of time to install. We must have many of the microbes, fungi and such that makes life on Earth possible. Maybe they can be engineered to grow quickly in that environment, though.
Marc Watney got crops going with recycled shit.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 28, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

I have visited this one ...

http://biosphere2.org
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.