Why being a child prodigy sucks ...

Started by Baruch, July 24, 2018, 09:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsDD93pSppw

Not surprising he was Jewish, and I would guess autistic and male.  Of course not all supersmart people are ethnically Jewish, but we have a statistical head start (the Gentiles culled all the dumb Jews).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on July 24, 2018, 09:33:32 PMNot surprising he was Jewish, and I would guess autistic and male.  Of course not all supersmart people are ethnically Jewish, but we have a statistical head start (the Gentiles culled all the dumb Jews).
Is that supposed to be ironic?  Because last time I checked, notions of racial/ethnic superiority were a big part of the rationale for the holocaust.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 24, 2018, 09:59:46 PM
Is that supposed to be ironic?  Because last time I checked, notions of racial/ethnic superiority were a big part of the rationale for the holocaust.

But are averages true facts?  On average ... Watusi men in Africa are taller than you or me.  But of course there are individual Watusi who are shorter or taller than individual people like you and me.  That is the trick.  IQ for example is real, but arguing from averages is deceptive/ignorant.  There are no average people, including average Jews or average Gentiles.

So no, not ironic.  Jews aren't superior, nobody is.  If the Nazis didn't already teach you that.

Most of the people who post here, individually, probably score higher than average on any number of different scales.  But nobody here is average compared to the general population.  And we are self selected to be here, not randomly selected, so completely violating the rules of honest statistics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 24, 2018, 10:06:58 PM
But are averages true facts?  On average ... Watusi men in Africa are taller than you or me.  But of course there are individual Watusi who are shorter or taller than individual people like you and me.  That is the trick.  IQ for example is real, but arguing from averages is deceptive/ignorant.  There are no average people, including average Jews or average Gentiles.

So no, not ironic.  Jews aren't superior, nobody is.  If the Nazis didn't already teach you that.

Most of the people who post here, individually, probably score higher than average on any number of different scales.  But nobody here is average compared to the general population.  And we are self selected to be here, not randomly selected, so completely violating the rules of honest statistics.

We are indeed self-selected to be somewhat higher in average intelligence.  But the smartest aren't here either' they are busy doing other things.  No particular group of people are naturally smarter than others.  Some value education more than others and that is reflected in tests.  But it doesn't mean smarter.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 02:24:34 AM
We are indeed self-selected to be somewhat higher in average intelligence.  But the smartest aren't here either' they are busy doing other things.  No particular group of people are naturally smarter than others.  Some value education more than others and that is reflected in tests.  But it doesn't mean smarter.

The Bell Curve, a classic exercise in statistical deception, is still being quoted by Stefan Molyneux in Canada (a Vlogger).  Of course Prairie Home Companion is the worst ... "where all the children are above average".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2018, 06:28:20 AM
The Bell Curve, a classic exercise in statistical deception, is still being quoted by Stefan Molyneux in Canada (a Vlogger).  Of course Prairie Home Companion is the worst ... "where all the children are above average".

Yeah, the slight curse of being on the far end of the bell curve, but not the farthest end.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 10:11:50 AM
Yeah, the slight curse of being on the far end of the bell curve, but not the farthest end.

Triple Sigma back at you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2018, 08:08:10 PM
Triple Sigma back at you!

Being at the far end is awkward.  No dates, no social connections, no people who understand you.  And it is hard at the smarter end too.  I prefer being just up the right side a bit...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2018, 06:23:39 AM
Being at the far end is awkward.  No dates, no social connections, no people who understand you.  And it is hard at the smarter end too.  I prefer being just up the right side a bit...

Looking like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2OSGCS2Ak

means you don't look like you are from around here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 07:31:30 AM
Looking like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2OSGCS2Ak

means you don't look like you are from around here.

Or anywhere else either!  You can't support a head like that on a neck like that in much gravity.  But maybe they are Belters or null gravity types.