For the fighting men and women of every nation/tribe ...

Started by Baruch, July 22, 2018, 11:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 11:48:26 AM
I have AH Gettysburg, Origins Of WWI and some other about WWII in almost pristine condition.  I had a friend as a teen who could play Risk, and tried Gettysburg once, but I never never found anyone to play the really complicated ones.  I did find a defunct game club locally 15 years ago but the only member I could find said he would never play an AH game. 

If someone else had the same game, it might be possible to do it online.  I sure would like to prepare for Pickett's Charge or do it myself...  Just a thought.
I have had the same problem, finding a playing partner.  Many AH games were 'too complicated', so they would bow out.  I play tons more AH games by myself.  It is fun, but being 'fair' is next to impossible.  I did find one guy in HS that loved D-Day as much as I did.  So we must have played 50/60 games over the years.  But AH did come out with a few solo games--Ambush being the first, I think.  I've played that a few times, and it is pretty well done.  It's set in WWII and that is one of my favorite type war games.  If you can find that, you might give it a try.  In the 70's several solo war games came out.  I remember thinking Operation Olympic (the US invasion of the Japanese home islands) and Wolfpack (WWII sub operations) as being pretty good. 

I no longer have Gettysburg any more and not sure what happened to it. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 25, 2018, 12:40:16 PM
I have had the same problem, finding a playing partner.  Many AH games were 'too complicated', so they would bow out.  I play tons more AH games by myself.  It is fun, but being 'fair' is next to impossible.  I did find one guy in HS that loved D-Day as much as I did.  So we must have played 50/60 games over the years.  But AH did come out with a few solo games--Ambush being the first, I think.  I've played that a few times, and it is pretty well done.  It's set in WWII and that is one of my favorite type war games.  If you can find that, you might give it a try.  In the 70's several solo war games came out.  I remember thinking Operation Olympic (the US invasion of the Japanese home islands) and Wolfpack (WWII sub operations) as being pretty good. 

I no longer have Gettysburg any more and not sure what happened to it.

Its on ebay.  Want to try a game.  Might take months.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 25, 2018, 05:31:12 PM
Or years.

I probably have 20-30 left.  Dr just sent me a letter saying basically that I was disgustingly healthy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 05:36:49 PM
I probably have 20-30 left.  Dr just sent me a letter saying basically that I was disgustingly healthy.
Congrats!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 05:36:49 PM
You have the same doctor as Trump?

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 22, 2018, 05:19:13 PM
Crossing the T is discredited nowadays â€" it's askin' for a paddlin'. Whatever a crossing-T can do, an angled cross can do, and you don't expose as much of your profile to oncoming fire, and your armor is angled against AP shots.

Yes, I do follow The Mighty Jingles. Why do you ask?
But the oncoming enemy can only fire a few of the forward guns, while the crossing force can  bring almost all of theirs to bear on the leading ships.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 25, 2018, 05:42:24 PM
Congrats!
Well I have to say, after not visiting a DR for 10 years, hearing that my HDL was good, my LDL was good, my heart beat was 60 something, my liver and kidney functions were very good (after drinking like a fish for a few decades ago), no prostate problems at all, my pulse was 130 over 65, I'm thrilled.  I could use some additional Vitamin D. 

I think I might start bowling and playing golf again.  Breaking 100 in either would be nice.  KIDDING!  I played to 85 in golf (I'm not good) and 170 bowling (straight ball tosser).  Wow, I feel 60 again! 

;)

Cavebear