Around 300 Native American Women Disappear Each Year

Started by Shiranu, July 21, 2018, 05:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 05:49:40 AM
OK, I'm going to get you and surely others a lot annoyed.  I wish all native american treaties were suddenly absolved and reservations eliminated and all were forced to become just regular citizens of the US.  The idea of multitudes of small "sovereign" locations in the US is kind of logically idiotic in a modern age. 

It just causes a lot of problems.

You are correct.  And I believe in the 80s something was done to regularize the relationship between county government and reservations.  But a partial action only.  You could see it on the publish road maps ... the reservation outlines disappeared.  Or is that just a Rand McNally conspiracy against Native Americans?

The dangerous Identity politics fits right in with the reservation system .. I am sure a Democrat dictatorship is just as likely to produce Bantustans as a Republican dictatorship.  Only the rhetoric would vary.  That much is predicted in Brave New World.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2018, 06:23:54 AM
You are correct.  And I believe in the 80s something was done to regularize the relationship between county government and reservations.  But a partial action only.  You could see it on the publish road maps ... the reservation outlines disappeared.  Or is that just a Rand McNally conspiracy against Native Americans?

The dangerous Identity politics fits right in with the reservation system .. I am sure a Democrat dictatorship is just as likely to produce Bantustans as a Republican dictatorship.  Only the rhetoric would vary.  That much is predicted in Brave New World.

More agreement?  I positively faint at the thought.  But of course, there are always some things sensible people will agree about.

If Trump does one thing right, it might be to declare all ancient treaties ended...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 06:34:37 AM
More agreement?  I positively faint at the thought.  But of course, there are always some things sensible people will agree about.

If Trump does one thing right, it might be to declare all ancient treaties ended...

That is a very interesting idea.  When you have full bankruptcy of a corporation (or did the US already go bankrupt in 1871, 1933, 1971?) their contracts are null and void (after court adjudication of the assets of the firm).  Bankruptcy sales are good opportunities to pick up cheap assets.  Maybe both Trump and Putin are thinking ahead?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2018, 06:39:00 AM
That is a very interesting idea.  When you have full bankruptcy of a corporation (or did the US already go bankrupt in 1871, 1933, 1971?) their contracts are null and void (after court adjudication of the assets of the firm).  Bankruptcy sales are good opportunities to pick up cheap assets.  Maybe both Trump and Putin are thinking ahead?

Trump is making millions just being President.  When he plays golf at Mar-A-Lago he earns a fortune just in the Secret Service renting golf carts to follow him around and stay at his rentals.  Ivana and whats-his-name made 82 mil this year apparently being related to him.  I should have stayed in politics...

But I won't complain.  I live a simple life and have more than I need.  I should buy a simple fishing boat.  A Jon boat, with a little electric motor.  That might be nice.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!