News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I meant to say wouldn't

Started by ferdmonger, July 20, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I don't think he is stupid, really. He may only be pretending to be stupid to allay fears of his taking total control, because a stupid person could not do that. I think the Putin/Trump agenda is the destruction of America's economy first, and then the economy of Europe. This is what the phrase "America first" means.

Than again, maybe he really is just stupid.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 21, 2018, 07:15:03 PM
I don't think he is stupid, really. He may only be pretending to be stupid to allay fears of his taking total control, because a stupid person could not do that. I think the Putin/Trump agenda is the destruction of America's economy first, and then the economy of Europe. This is what the phrase "America first" means.

Than again, maybe he really is just stupid.
No, not stupid; his followers are, but that's why they are easy to control.  He is vile, evil---and dangerous.  For him, America will only be great when he is the richest man in it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, it may well be that Putin needs no leverage, or kompromat, to get Trump to work on his behalf. Trump may simply be out to further enrich himself, or to get revenge on the America/western banks that ceased loaning him money, and to pay back the Russian banks that did.
God Not Found

ferdmonger

How stupid is he really?

Stupid enough to think anybody actually bought the 'would' versus 'wouldn't'.

Unbeliever

Yeah, I hope he's stupid, because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 21, 2018, 07:43:28 PM
How stupid is he really?

He doesn't really care.  He is only interested in securing more Russian money and a broader means of building on Russian soil.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

He likes building really tall buildings, probably to make up for his tiny...uh... hands.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 21, 2018, 08:27:37 PM
He likes building really tall buildings, probably to make up for his tiny...uh... hands.

Perhaps ... but it didn't work out well for the prince in Shrek.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 21, 2018, 07:19:48 PM
No, not stupid; his followers are, but that's why they are easy to control.  He is vile, evil---and dangerous.  For him, America will only be great when he is the richest man in it.

So you opposed Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, that turd who owns Amazon etc?  They are all politically influential too.  You are turning in to a classic French peasant.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

I find him to be stupid in a corrupt kind of way.

Poison Tree

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 21, 2018, 07:43:28 PM
It wasn't about convincing people, but offering the thinnest justification for Republican to continue backing him. Just look at all of them accepting the excuse.
Just like the evangelicals; They can overlook a lot of shit if he give them the Supreme Court for 25 years.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

ferdmonger

True enough.

Zygotes are us is good for the base.

Baruch

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 22, 2018, 11:21:20 PM
I find him to be stupid in a corrupt kind of way.

Money = corruption ... so shrive yourself, send me all your money ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 21, 2018, 07:03:57 PM
Yes, Trump is a fucking, flaming, idiot.  He not only lies every time he speaks, he really does not care about the truth; only how any set of words can serve him.  He is stupid, vile and evil. 

Yet, there he is, still in office.  Why?  His poll numbers are really not that bad--they should be zero, but they are not close.  He does and says what he wants and as he wants.  So, he must be serving the needs of somebody.   His followers are rabid; the why escapes me.  Except.  I think this country really is full of nationalistic, racist, anti-famine people.  Their motto seems to be 'America only, whites in control and women stay where they belong.'  This is not the country I thought I was raised in--but here it is.

One thing he is is the master creator of chaos.  He loves it and creates it daily.  And it working.  The media is following the daily chaos and has forgotten last weeks chaos; it is his smoke screen.  And while that chaos swirls, he is getting done what he wants done.  He is replacing the current justice system with judges of his own making, loyal to him.  He is doing the same with all levels of the bureaucracy with little to no notice.  He is replacing a large number of laws protecting the govt. land with laws that allow big business to have it's way with it.  He is making himself and his family and those he needs wealthy beyond all belief---under the shield of chaos. 

So, really, how stupid is he??????

The problem really is that Trump is essentially ignorant of US government laws and even the Constitution.  It never mattered to him.  He is like a used car salesman who thinks any claim that makes a sale is thereby "true" since it worked.   Reality to him is what gets him what he wants and whether anything he says is actually factually true is utterly irrelevant. 

I've met people like him before in my personal life.  But they aren't usually very important.  They get jobs in local city government and do little harm so long as they have the wit to keep the streets plowed of snow and fill the potholes.  Trump is an exception. 

I have never experienced a national leader at any level so unaware of basic world alliances and the concept of negotiation and laws.  I think that for the first time in my life, if Air Force 1 crashed into a mountain, killing all on board, I would actually cheer the accident.

There ARE some people the world would be better without.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

I actually agree with Cavebear.  But I am just beyond being shocked or offended more.  I never expected Trump to be President.  But then I expected Nixon to not resign, but overthrow Congress like Yeltsin eventually did to his Russian Communist parliament.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.