News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Biblical contradictions.

Started by Mousetrap, July 20, 2018, 08:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

Biblical Contradictions
I saw there was a link sent to a Christian for him to investigate all the contradictions of the Bible.
I followed this link and saw it is only a copy of Shabir Ally's Muslim claims he stole from the Skeptics' annotated Bible
I did an in depth study of these claims and found that there are actually 3 minor errors in the Bible, and the almost 1 000 others are all but blatant ignorance on the part of the Bible skeptics.

Let me give you one such a contradiction and show you how wrong many people are when they did not take the Bible as a sourse of facts, but misjudged it at a superficial face value.
Quote from: Biblical contradictions
198. Were there 1,100,000 soldiers in Israel?
Yes
1 Chr 21:5
Quote from: Quote
And Joab gave the sum of the number of people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword.
No
2 Sam 24:9
And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

199. Were there 500,000 soldiers in Judah?
Yes
2 Sam 24:9
And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

No:
1 Chr 21:5
And Joab gave the sum of the number of people unto David. and all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword.

Now, this is an excellent example of someone reading the Bible, and found a problem, then claim the Bible is in error.
First, I would expect anyone who accuses someone being in error, whither it be a person, or a written document, to at least go and investigate before making claims that is evidence of ignorance.

AS i said, the above is a great example of a person totally unqualified to make any judgement on the Bible.
Let me show you in a follow up post how unqualified this atheist actually is!

Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

This is what you will find in the Bible about the count of the men in Israel and Judah
How many fighting men were found in Israel?
(a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9).
(b) One million, one hundred thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).

Answer:
Please read 1 Chronicles 27: 1 â€" 24. Here you will see that there was a permanent force of 24 000 men for every month of the Year. That will give you a total of 288 000 men not counted in 2 Samuel 24: 9. In 2 Samuel 24: 9 the description is “800 000 valiant men that drew the sword”, but, in 1 Chronicles 21:5 it states, “…and all they of Israel…”

1 Chronicles 21:5 counts 1 100 000 of Israel.
The mathematics work as follow:

In 2 Samuel 24: 9 it counts 800 000 fighting men that reported for battle.
ï,§   Adding the 288 000 permanent force, it results in 1 088 000 men.
This was the men and not the commanders of 100 and 1000. They would be:
ï,§   Commanders over 100 = 10 880
ï,§   Commanders over 1000 = 1 088
ï,§   This gives a total of 800 000 + 288 000 + 10 880 + 1 088 = 1 099 968 men.
This will leave 32 men to equal 1 100 000.
ï,§   In 1 Chronicles 11: 26 to 12:1 you will find that David had a personal guard of brave men numbering 30!
So, 1 099 968 + 30 equals 1 099 998 men!
ï,§   This leaves two men short. David was one!
This leaves one man short. But the Bible tells us who he was.

ï,§   Read about Him in 2 Samuel 5: 24!

Hu, the Bible describes the exact amount of soldiers in Israel pulled up for battle! And you thought it was an error.

But lets continue with the count of Judah!
How many fighting men were found in Judah?
(a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9).
(b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).

Answer:
The same scenario as with 2 Samuel 24:9 and 1 Chronicles 21:5
2 Samuel 24:9 counts Judah as 500 000.
1 Chronicles 21:5 counts without the permanent force. They amounted to 30 000 as per 2 Sam 6: 1.
470 000 + 70 000 = 500 000
Wow, the Bible describes exactly the amount of soldiers in Judah also!

Now, you can go and google anywhere in the WWW, you will not find this answer as set out as above.

Great, this is but one example of the ignorance by an Atheist on Skeptic's Bible. a Muslim that thought he was clever to plagiarize these so called contradictions, and an Atheist here that places this post to a Christian as evidence that the Bible is wrong.
What now?
Will the Atheist please go and change his list!
Then come back and give us another concoction to answer.
Fact is, all your so called evidence that the Bible is wrong, can not hold against the Scripture once we investigat what it says, and not what Atheists think it says.
:cool:

Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Sal1981

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 20, 2018, 08:08:58 AMI did an in depth study
[sotto voce]First hit at a Christian apologetics site[/sotto voce]

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 20, 2018, 08:32:54 AM
This is what you will find in the Bible about the count of the men in Israel and Judah
How many fighting men were found in Israel?
(a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9).
(b) One million, one hundred thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).

Answer:
Please read 1 Chronicles 27: 1 â€" 24. Here you will see that there was a permanent force of 24 000 men for every month of the Year. That will give you a total of 288 000 men not counted in 2 Samuel 24: 9. In 2 Samuel 24: 9 the description is “800 000 valiant men that drew the sword”, but, in 1 Chronicles 21:5 it states, “…and all they of Israel…”

1 Chronicles 21:5 counts 1 100 000 of Israel.
The mathematics work as follow:

In 2 Samuel 24: 9 it counts 800 000 fighting men that reported for battle.
ï,§   Adding the 288 000 permanent force, it results in 1 088 000 men.
This was the men and not the commanders of 100 and 1000. They would be:
ï,§   Commanders over 100 = 10 880
ï,§   Commanders over 1000 = 1 088
ï,§   This gives a total of 800 000 + 288 000 + 10 880 + 1 088 = 1 099 968 men.
This will leave 32 men to equal 1 100 000.
ï,§   In 1 Chronicles 11: 26 to 12:1 you will find that David had a personal guard of brave men numbering 30!
So, 1 099 968 + 30 equals 1 099 998 men!
ï,§   This leaves two men short. David was one!
This leaves one man short. But the Bible tells us who he was.

ï,§   Read about Him in 2 Samuel 5: 24!

Hu, the Bible describes the exact amount of soldiers in Israel pulled up for battle! And you thought it was an error.

But lets continue with the count of Judah!
How many fighting men were found in Judah?
(a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9).
(b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).

Answer:
The same scenario as with 2 Samuel 24:9 and 1 Chronicles 21:5
2 Samuel 24:9 counts Judah as 500 000.
1 Chronicles 21:5 counts without the permanent force. They amounted to 30 000 as per 2 Sam 6: 1.
470 000 + 70 000 = 500 000
Wow, the Bible describes exactly the amount of soldiers in Judah also!

Now, you can go and google anywhere in the WWW, you will not find this answer as set out as above.

Great, this is but one example of the ignorance by an Atheist on Skeptic's Bible. a Muslim that thought he was clever to plagiarize these so called contradictions, and an Atheist here that places this post to a Christian as evidence that the Bible is wrong.
What now?
Will the Atheist please go and change his list!
Then come back and give us another concoction to answer.
Fact is, all your so called evidence that the Bible is wrong, can not hold against the Scripture once we investigat what it says, and not what Atheists think it says.
:cool:
What the bible says and what you think it means are your opinion.  You have no facts to back up your opinion; but you are free to believe in any fiction you wish.  Don't expect me to follow you into your delusion.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Atheists and theists are both stuck on consistency (thanks Greeks).  Reality isn't rational, isn't consistent.  If reality is divine ... then G-d isn't rational either, whether you choose to acknowledge G-d or not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2018, 12:45:32 PM
Atheists and theists are both stuck on consistency (thanks Greeks).  Reality isn't rational, isn't consistent.  If reality is divine ... then G-d isn't rational either, whether you choose to acknowledge G-d or not.
No, you are the one who isn't rational--your god, G-d, gods or supernatural entity is simply a fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2018, 01:18:28 PM
No, you are the one who isn't rational--your god, G-d, gods or supernatural entity is simply a fiction.

You are Vulcan then.  Go back to your home world, devil eared one!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2018, 01:21:03 PM
You are Vulcan then.  Go back to your home world, devil eared one!
There is as much proof for Vulcan as there is for you god.  If I could only just believe...............................

Unbeliever

Well, according to  1Corinthians 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

For someone who's not the author of confusion his word is the most confusing work ever written. If not there wouldn't be 33,000 different sects of Christianity, all claiming to be based on "God's word." But of course no God ever wrote any part of the Bible, only confused humans did.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

But God also is not the author of peace, either:

Matthew 10:34-37 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

Luke 12:51-53
"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."
God Not Found

PickelledEggs

If god exists, @Mousetrap , why can't i find my fucking car keys?

Figure that one out, dumbass

Unbeliever

People don't really have faith in God, they have faith in those who have convinced them of God's existence.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2018, 01:36:17 PM
There is as much proof for Vulcan as there is for you god.  If I could only just believe...............................

No ... just competing memes.  Shadow boxing, with spirits who are mere shadows of men.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
Well, according to  1Corinthians 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

For someone who's not the author of confusion his word is the most confusing work ever written. If not there wouldn't be 33,000 different sects of Christianity, all claiming to be based on "God's word." But of course no God ever wrote any part of the Bible, only confused humans did.

Paul was definitely a Jewish heretic, who never knew a historical Jesus.  He was trained by gnostics in Damascus (and probably Petra as well).  His home town had Heracles (who descended to the underworld and returned with Ceberus) as its mascot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.