Main Menu

Biblical contradictions.

Started by Mousetrap, July 20, 2018, 08:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 26, 2018, 01:38:18 PM
Addressed only to the disciples of Jesus? I don't think so:

Mar 16:17-18
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

This was not meant only for his disciple, but for "them that believe." That would include all who believe.
Wrong again.
The tense is the Aurist Greek, which is, "and to those that BELIEVED"
THOMAS OBVIOUSLY MISSED OUT!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2018, 12:20:58 PM
Mousetrap ... have you bathed in bull blood lately?
Will Hillary-ous cow blood work?
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Mousetrap

The next so called Biblical contradictins which atheists posts as evidence that the Bible is not true.
Nullgod contradictions in the Bible

246. Did Adam die on the exact day he ate the fruit?

Quote from: Gen 2:17
Yes
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
No
Gen 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband who was with her; and he did eat.
5:5
And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Interesting that the atheist demands that Adam should die on the exact day he ate from the tree.
If, again, one reads superficially and disregard what tthe Bible said about Adam and eve, everything is possible to claim as a contradiction.

Now, take note of what you missed.
God created Adam and Eve :
Without any ageing process and immortal,
covered in a Body of light.

Once they sinned, they lost their immortality, and with the loss of the light covering their bodies, they realized they were naked for the first time.

This is why Jesus claimed that we will again have immortality and He came to destroy death so we can have everlasting life.
He was the second Adam, and we will be like him.

This is the gospel!

Now, when God said, You will surely die, Adam, after sinning, lost immortality, AND STARTED TO AGE!
and he did die!
You and I, are already busy dying, and as I sit here typing, I have about 3Kg dead cells in my skin alone. Billions of more cells in my body dies every hour. and we are nothing than a dying rotten half living corpse untill we are totally failing to continue to live.

Was this God's error to create us to die?
No, it was Adam and Eves mistake, and Satan's deception.
Therefore, this so called contradiction only made me realize that the Bible is still correct, and God did not create us to:
age, get cancer and disease, live with syndromes, Alzheimer, crippling effects, and sometimes suffering to death.

No, God made man to live forever with a glorious body covered with light without any sickness and ageing.

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 27, 2018, 03:55:15 AM

Only an American would say that.  So there is nothing you could say about anything, that I could believe, given your claim of being South African.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 27, 2018, 06:39:17 AM
Only an American would say that.  So there is nothing you could say about anything, that I could believe, given your claim of being South African.
I like you Ouboet.
Why dont you come and visit me.
The wife and I have a nice 4 bedroom house in Roodepoort, close to the cradle of humankind, 80 Km from Pretoria Voortrekker monument, 21 Km from the apartheids museum, Next to Soweto where you an your partner can go to visit the local shebeens to experience African culture.
I will then ensure you have a nice Braai, pap and sous you never had before.
Pap & Sous Braai
Pap & Sous

Think about it, you do not even have to pay for a hotel, but dont stay longer than 2 weeks.

I am serious.
We will sit next to a fire untill the early mornings talking about all the problems of the world.

Groetnis!

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 27, 2018, 03:55:15 AM
And they say the right doesn't have any good comedians.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on July 27, 2018, 06:39:17 AM

I almost forgot about that little tidbit. This guy has been lying ever since he got here.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 27, 2018, 08:05:39 AM
I like you Ouboet.
Why dont you come and visit me.
The wife and I have a nice 4 bedroom house in Roodepoort, close to the cradle of humankind, 80 Km from Pretoria Voortrekker monument, 21 Km from the apartheids museum, Next to Soweto where you an your partner can go to visit the local shebeens to experience African culture.
I will then ensure you have a nice Braai, pap and sous you never had before.
Pap & Sous Braai
Pap & Sous

Think about it, you do not even have to pay for a hotel, but dont stay longer than 2 weeks.

I am serious.
We will sit next to a fire untill the early mornings talking about all the problems of the world.

Groetnis!

Funny ... I have seen the TV show of the British couple that charm venomous snakes in South Africa ... did they charm you? ;-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic0035ODH-c
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 27, 2018, 11:04:05 AM
And they say the right doesn't have any good comedians.
There may be a good reason for that...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Jason78

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 26, 2018, 07:53:18 AM
I accept your challange.
Me and you both go and do what this verse tells us to do.
Lets see who survives.
You will die, and I will live, because I recognise what Jesus said, and you simply took this atheist claim as a problem of Christianity whare you supposedly have evidence that the Bible is wrong.

Let me demonstrate.
We will both stand in front of an audience.
We will challenge each other to do as what the Bible say (theoretically of course.)
You will refuse because you will say you do not believe in the Bible.
I will say, But I will do exactly as the Bible say, and I will survive!
You will say, do it you fool!
I will say, but you will have to admit that what you say is that if you are a christian, one can drink poison and survive!
You will say, YES.
I will reply, well it is my turn now.
You will pass me a cup of poison.
I will put it down.
You will laugh.
I will ask you why?
You will say, see, you do not believe in the Christian test!
I will reply.
But again!
You never read the Bible, now you buile a straw man test and think I have to follow your instructions.
You will be wondering what the check I am talking about?
I will help you in your ignorant state and will reply:
"Dont you know this was an instruction by Jesus to his Disciples?"
Did you not see Jesus gave these instructions to them, accompanied by these powers?"

You will say, but you are His disciple!
I will reply, I am not, even if I am, Jesus did not give these powers to me.
'Therefore, why dont you rather go and read what the Bible say, in stead of what atheist websites tells you what they think is in the Bible!"

Sorry pal, try again
Jesus did that on 2 occasions and only to his Apostles and Disciples.
Please go and read before you do this again.

If the words in that book don't mean the things that they say.   Then why believe any of it?

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 27, 2018, 03:22:52 AM
Not only the 12, but also to the 70.
Please go and read the Bible.
Who cares if it's twelve or seventy or 1700? They ain't here now.

What test?
Since when did Christians claim there is a Test to determine if the Bible is correct?
Another straw man!
Not a strawman. We were the ones proposing that a test is necessary to prove the Bible's claims. The fact that you didn't claim that there was is irrelevant. The fact that you can't or won't submit to the test is simply too bad for you, because it automatically means that your claims are not scientific.

No "rhetorical gymnastics or dodging the point', since when are "a lot of Christians who believe just that" evidence of anything true or false in the Bible.
If someone sacrifices an animal thinking we should do it because it is in the OT, is the Bible wrong, or that person who misread what it said.
I dont allow interpretations from the Bible at all.
Bullshit. Your whole argument about the veracity of the bible as an account of the beginning of the universe or life is completely interpretation.

Just read what it says, and any child will agree that Jesus gave these miracles to those that "Believed", referring to the apostles that believed He rose from the dead.
See if you can find the verse, ..."and to those who believed(go to Strongs to get the tenses), this gifts will follow!"
I agree it doesn't say that, but what is left unsaid is that if you are not a big-D Disciple, then those gifts will not follow. If god or Jesus Christ could do it once, either could do it again. So goes the Christian mindset.

And you are so demanding in your struggle to prove that the Earth was not a Mud ball earth, that not only did you deny any scientific discoveries that prove that the Earth was not a ball of burning magma; but you are so pre occupied that you still have to carry on on this thread.
You can keep repeating that line but it won't make it any more true. There is actually a wealth of evidence and scientific principles that prove the case of the hot proto-earth, and none of the scientific discoveries you have posted actually proves your case. The only thing it shows is lack of imagination.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

sdelsolray

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 27, 2018, 03:22:52 AM
\
I dont allow interpretations from the Bible at all.

Note Mousetrap's effortless blend of hubris and lying. 

Baruch

Quote from: sdelsolray on July 27, 2018, 10:06:41 PM
Note Mousetrap's effortless blend of hubris and lying.

Self delusion at least.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 27, 2018, 01:18:34 PM
There may be a good reason for that...
Creativity, breaking taboos, some degree of honesty and self-criticism, etc.