Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Biblical contradictions.

Started by Mousetrap, July 20, 2018, 08:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2018, 01:48:38 PM
Yeah the signs of a true believer!

Cracking UP!  I always smile when I read about a snake handler who dies handling poisonous snakes.  Cleans up the gene pool a little...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

A very little - not nearly enough, but every little bit helps, I guess.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2018, 02:01:14 PM
A very little - not nearly enough, but every little bit helps, I guess.

Well, think of it this way.  At some point there was an animal that wasn't exactly a chicken,  But it had a mutation that would make the eggs a "chicken".  Now suppose it got grabbed by some lizard.  We wouldn't ever say "tastes like chicken" would we?    We might say "tastes like an arbut", but an arbut wouldn't exactly be a chicken.

Small changes can lead to big changes.  Ask a Mithraist.

Unbeliever

I would if I could find any. I don't think there are any around here. :-)
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2018, 04:16:14 PM
I would if I could find any. I don't think there are any around here. :-)

QED...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 04:17:51 PM
QED...

You both made Mithra sad.  Now you won't get inducted into the mystery religion where you have lots of bull blood poured over you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Washed in the blood...of...bullshit.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2018, 10:57:23 PM
Washed in the blood...of...bullshit.

That was the general idea ... plus a Persianate Freemasonry.  Usually for Roman military officers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUdxy836WY4
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2018, 01:48:38 PM
Yeah the signs of a true believer!
I accept your challange.
Me and you both go and do what this verse tells us to do.
Lets see who survives.
You will die, and I will live, because I recognise what Jesus said, and you simply took this atheist claim as a problem of Christianity whare you supposedly have evidence that the Bible is wrong.

Let me demonstrate.
We will both stand in front of an audience.
We will challenge each other to do as what the Bible say (theoretically of course.)
You will refuse because you will say you do not believe in the Bible.
I will say, But I will do exactly as the Bible say, and I will survive!
You will say, do it you fool!
I will say, but you will have to admit that what you say is that if you are a christian, one can drink poison and survive!
You will say, YES.
I will reply, well it is my turn now.
You will pass me a cup of poison.
I will put it down.
You will laugh.
I will ask you why?
You will say, see, you do not believe in the Christian test!
I will reply.
But again!
You never read the Bible, now you buile a straw man test and think I have to follow your instructions.
You will be wondering what the check I am talking about?
I will help you in your ignorant state and will reply:
"Dont you know this was an instruction by Jesus to his Disciples?"
Did you not see Jesus gave these instructions to them, accompanied by these powers?"

You will say, but you are His disciple!
I will reply, I am not, even if I am, Jesus did not give these powers to me.
'Therefore, why dont you rather go and read what the Bible say, in stead of what atheist websites tells you what they think is in the Bible!"

Sorry pal, try again
Jesus did that on 2 occasions and only to his Apostles and Disciples.
Please go and read before you do this again.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 26, 2018, 07:53:18 AM
Let me demonstrate.
We will both stand in front of an audience.
We will challenge each other to do as what the Bible say (theoretically of course.)
You will refuse because you will say you do not believe in the Bible.
Yes, I believe that if one takes excessive amounts of poison and doesn't get treated for it, you will die, and I don't want to die yet.

I will say, But I will do exactly as the Bible say, and I will survive!
You will say, do it you fool!
I will say, but you will have to admit that what you say is that if you are a christian, one can drink poison and survive!
You will say, YES.
I will reply, well it is my turn now.
You will pass me a cup of poison.
I will put it down.
You will laugh.
I will ask you why?
You will say, see, you do not believe in the Christian test!
I will reply.
But again!
You never read the Bible, now you buile a straw man test and think I have to follow your instructions.
You will be wondering what the check I am talking about?
I will help you in your ignorant state and will reply:
Did you not see Jesus gave these instructions to them, accompanied by these powers?"
Me: "Are you saying that these powers were only to the Twelve? Then, lacking them, we cannot verify your claims and therefore any assertion of the bible's consistency based on this passage is worthless. It doesn't matter. It's just words on the page at this point, not even true or false, but undecidable. If God and the Bible cannot offer themselves up to be tested, then they are by definition not scientific.

"Yet, there are a lot of Christians who believe just that â€" who believe that if you sincerely believe in the Bible and have accepted Jesus as their lord and savior, that they would be able to do exactly as I had offered to you and live. Your Bible is not only unscientific, but also demonstrably dangerous. The way it is worded now, it is misleading. No amount of rhetorical gymnastics can dodge that point, not when so many of your brothers have taken the poison and died just as we say they would."

So far, the only solid claims you have made about science being consistent with the Bible have turned out to be wrong. The mudball earth is still not something that is justified by the science, so either you are wrong because you have misinterpreted the Bible or the Bible is unscientific because it doesn't match the science. The only people you claim could take the poison and live are long gone, and defies all of science.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Baruch

Mousetrap ... have you bathed in bull blood lately?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 26, 2018, 07:53:18 AM

Addressed only to the disciples of Jesus? I don't think so:

Mar 16:17-18
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

This was not meant only for his disciple, but for "them that believe." That would include all who believe.

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 26, 2018, 01:38:18 PM
Addressed only to the disciples of Jesus? I don't think so:

Mar 16:17-18
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

This was not meant only for his disciple, but for "them that believe." That would include all who believe.

There was no Pope for a long while, to retroject their anti-semitic dogma onto the early Church.

Belief is a confidence trick, of con artists.  But if you don't believe in what you can do, you will never start, what actually can be done.

In earliest Islam, cooperative Jews and Christians were considered faithful .. it is non-Abrahamic who were considered in-fidels (un-faithful).  Once the Caliphate really got going though, it was all about plunder and rape ... not about faith.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 26, 2018, 09:02:37 AM
Yes, I believe that if one takes excessive amounts of poison and doesn't get treated for it, you will die, and I don't want to die yet.
Me: "Are you saying that these powers were only to the Twelve? Then, lacking them, we cannot verify your claims and therefore any assertion of the bible's consistency based on this passage is worthless. It doesn't matter. It's just words on the page at this point, not even true or false, but undecidable. If God and the Bible cannot offer themselves up to be tested, then they are by definition not scientific.

Not only the 12, but also to the 70.
Please go and read the Bible.
What test?
Since when did Christians claim there is a Test to determine if the Bible is correct?
Another straw man!

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu"Yet, there are a lot of Christians who believe just that â€" who believe that if you sincerely believe in the Bible and have accepted Jesus as their lord and savior, that they would be able to do exactly as I had offered to you and live. Your Bible is not only unscientific, but also demonstrably dangerous. The way it is worded now, it is misleading. No amount of rhetorical gymnastics can dodge that point, not when so many of your brothers have taken the poison and died just as we say they would."
No "rhetorical gymnastics or dodging the point', since when are "a lot of Christians who believe just that" evidence of anything true or false in the Bible.
If someone sacrifices an animal thinking we should do it because it is in the OT, is the Bible wrong, or that person who misread what it said.
I dont allow interpretations from the Bible at all.
Just read what it says, and any child will agree that Jesus gave these miracles to those that "Believed", referring to the apostles that believed He rose from the dead.
See if you can find the verse, ..."and to those who believed(go to Strongs to get the tenses), this gifts will follow!"

Quote from: Hakurei ReimuSo far, the only solid claims you have made about science being consistent with the Bible have turned out to be wrong. The mudball earth is still not something that is justified by the science, so either you are wrong because you have misinterpreted the Bible or the Bible is unscientific because it doesn't match the science. The only people you claim could take the poison and live are long gone, and defies all of science.
And you are so demanding in your struggle to prove that the Earth was not a Mud ball earth, that not only did you deny any scientific discoveries that prove that the Earth was not a ball of burning magma; but you are so pre occupied that you still have to carry on on this thread.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.