News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by WingsofRefuge, July 17, 2018, 06:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on July 27, 2018, 06:55:01 PM
When I was a young boy I got my first slingshot. Out into the woods I tromped, at one spot pushing over a dead tree and there.....was a nest of baby mice. Naturally being a piece of shit male human I launched a bee-bee into the nest...maybe...probably killing one or two...don't know because immediately after the shot made a sound the parent mouse...didn't notice the genitalia, launched itself onto my leg, sending me screaming and writhing into the woods, dropping the slingshot (never to be found again) somewhere from A to Q and forever more...finding mice more terrifying than other forrest animals.

OK, that IS truly bizarre!  I had to step in a rock wall that gave way to a yellow jacket nest to make me react like that.  And I wasn't trying to bother them.  And yes, yellow jackets give me the "willies" to this day.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

ferdmonger

Was playing catch with my son in 2001 in the yard.

Early November.   Suddenly got a pain in my left thumb.  Had to rip the glove off. 

A yellow-jacket stung me under the left thumbnail.  He'd been relaxing in the glove until I woke/disturbed him.

Don't ever get stung by a yellow-jacket directly under the thumbnail.  Save time and shove a red-hot poker under your thumbnail.

Blackleaf

Did we scare WingsofRefuge away?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 02, 2018, 12:21:33 PM
Did we scare WingsofRefuge away?

The first rule of Fight Club, is don't talk about Fight Club.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: ferdmonger on August 01, 2018, 09:31:52 PM
Was playing catch with my son in 2001 in the yard.

Early November.   Suddenly got a pain in my left thumb.  Had to rip the glove off. 

A yellow-jacket stung me under the left thumbnail.  He'd been relaxing in the glove until I woke/disturbed him.

Don't ever get stung by a yellow-jacket directly under the thumbnail.  Save time and shove a red-hot poker under your thumbnail.

luckswallowsall

Draconic Aiur

luckswallowsall

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 26, 2018, 11:36:36 PM
Did you forget your password?

No, this is the first time I've been here. I was just welcoming Thumpalumpacus.

I made my own introduction thread.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: luckswallowsall on September 27, 2018, 05:10:03 PM
No, this is the first time I've been here. I was just welcoming Thumpalumpacus.

I made my own introduction thread.

You Necro'd the thread

luckswallowsall

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 27, 2018, 11:48:41 PM
You Necro'd the thread

I didn't see a Necro warning on any thread. Which thread did I necro? This one or my own?

My own was recent and this one was replied to by Thumpalumpacus himself recently only slightly before I replied to it myself.

luckswallowsall

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 27, 2018, 11:48:41 PM
You Necro'd the thread

Odd. I don't know why my post saying "Welcome" is even in here. That was supposed to only be in Thumpalumpacus's thread.

Cavebear

Quote from: luckswallowsall on October 04, 2018, 11:27:57 AM
Odd. I don't know why my post saying "Welcome" is even in here. That was supposed to only be in Thumpalumpacus's thread.

This thread is sort of pooched.  I just noticed I posted a quote with no content, LOL!  Some days just go like that.