News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by WingsofRefuge, July 17, 2018, 06:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

You can have all kinds of silly things when you're just making shit up.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Well, the book of Revelation does mention a serpent as being Satan, but nowhere does it say that it's the same serpent as the one in Genesis:

Revelation 12:9
"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Revelation 20:2
"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,"
God Not Found

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2018, 02:23:26 PM
Well, the book of Revelation does mention a serpent as being Satan, but nowhere does it say that it's the same serpent as the one in Genesis:

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,"
So the serpent was a dragon.  OK, I guess that resolves one issue; But a dragon?  And a talking one at that?

Unbeliever

Yeah, like the dragon in Sagan's garage.
God Not Found

SGOS

I doubt if we will ever find a fossilized dragon.  I'll guess that the species was not prominent enough to leave behind much evidence, but who knows?  Maybe someday we will find one, but how this proves God exists will have to wait for word from a reputable source.  Ken Hamm, maybe.

Unbeliever

You shouldn't cast your pearls before swine...
God Not Found

Mike Cl

The bible just can't get it right.  A dragon is not a serpent--just ask the Dragon Rides Of Pern!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Serpent and dragon in both cases.  But in Gematria ... dragon/serpent = Messiah

It is not a coincidence that Jewish opponents of Jesus are made to say he is Ba'alzebub.  False messiahs are always satanic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 20, 2018, 02:11:49 PM
You mean it was only a talking serpent?  OK, I suppose, but really; A talking serpent?

Bad guy from The Jungle Book aka Greatest I Am who posts here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

SGOS

I doubt if we will ever find a fossilized dragon.

Not so fast.  African or European dragon?

SGOS

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 20, 2018, 08:33:33 PM
SGOS

The American dragon of course.  The Americanis Titanis. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 20, 2018, 08:33:33 PM
SGOS

I bet we find one on Pern.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Pern:  I had to look that one up.  I'd never heard of it before.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 20, 2018, 10:39:39 PM
Dude! An entire planet of atheists and you've never heard of it? For shame! Get the Dragonflight trilogy, followed by The Master Harper of Pern and the Harper Hall trilogy.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on July 20, 2018, 10:39:39 PM
Start with the Dragon Riders of Pern--if you like it, then follow up with one of the next 24 in the whole issue.  It has been so long that I think I may read that one myself and then keep on going.