Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How do we determine the age of Fossils?

Started by Mousetrap, July 17, 2018, 10:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 24, 2018, 10:25:09 AM
Talking about liars, I dont find Trump lied at all
Yup, we're done here.  You do know what documentation is, don't you?  You know, that which demonstrates he's not just a liar, he's a fucking filthy liar?

No, you don't.  That was rhetorical.  It does go a long way to explaining why you believe the dumb stuff you believe, though.  You're completely disconnected from reality.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 24, 2018, 07:27:40 AM
Well this guy invented water, I supposed He could walk on it too.
Oh, okay.  That makes sense.

Well, I'm convinced.  From now on, I'm going to spread the truth of Christianity to everyone who hasn't heard it, which is pretty much just a single uncontacted tribe in the Pacific.  Let's go!

*charters a seaplane from a guy with an eyepatch and a propensity to say antiquated words like "loosey-goosey" and "ruse"*
*lands at the island of Pikape, meets with Shaman-san, a squat man with a bowl haircut and lightning bolt tattoos on his cheeks*
Me:  "So my friend told me about a guy who walks on water..."
Shaman:  *interjects*  "Physically impossible!  Surface tension strong, but not that strong."
Me:  "No, it makes sense because he invented water because uh..."
Shaman:  "Your friend is like soft-headed baby who fall down cliff because he think he fly like myna bird.  Balooney!"
Me:  "Baloney?"
Shaman:  "Yes.  Cosmos-lord Carl Sage-Man bequeathed to us his balooney detection kit.  We no know exactly what balooney is, but this smells balooney!"
Me:  "Wait a sec, how are we talking to each other?  You know English?"
Shaman:  "We learn english from foreign epic about Lord Ash the Ageless, monster-master and Lord of Duels.  By day, he roams the world capturing monster.  By night, he calls upon his host to fight each other for glory and honor.  He cares not from whom the blood flows, only that it flows.  Moon red from him.  One day he will catch all monster then unmake/remake the world."
Me:  "Oookay, well, I'll be leaving now."
Shaman:  "Say traditional goodbye."
Me:  *crosses arms* "I don't want to"
Shaman:  *menacingly*  "Say and we not eat alive you maybe."
Me:  "Team Rocket is blasting off again!" *runs for dear life into prop plane while spears whiz by*
*spear-damaged plane lifts off and shrinks until it's only a speck on the horizon, a speck that makes an audible chime as it disappears*

Mike Cl

Come on, guys!  You don't know what this guy (or girl) really thinks.  It is here to pull your chain.  If we were Trump supporters, Hillary would be he/she/it best pal.  He cobbled his ideas about the bible and religion from many sources and probably none of its.  He will simply say what pulls your chain.  Do I get a strong whiff of troll?  You betja.  She's like the little boy who likes to stir up the hornets nest, but he knows he won't really get stung.  He just wants to get everybody riled up. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 24, 2018, 11:24:33 AM
Oh, okay.  That makes sense.  From now on, I'm going to spread the truth of Christianity to everyone who hasn't heard it, which is pretty much just a single uncontacted tribe in the Pacific.  Let's go!

*charters a seaplane from a guy with an eyepatch and a propensity to say antiquated words like "loosey-goosey" and "ruse"*
*lands at the island of Pikape, meets with Shaman-san, a squat man with a bowl haircut and lightning bolt tattoos on his cheeks*
Me:  "So my friend told me about a guy who walks on water..."
Shaman:  *interjects*  "Physically impossible!  Surface tension strong, but not that strong."
Me:  "No, it makes sense because he invented water because uh..."
Shaman:  "Your friend is like soft-headed baby who fall down cliff because he think he fly like myna bird.  Balooney!"
Me:  "Baloney?"
Shaman:  "Yes.  Cosmos-lord Carl Sage-Man bequeathed to us his balooney detection kit.  We no know exactly what balooney is, but this smells balooney!"
Me:  "Wait a sec, how are we talking to each other?  You know English?"
Shaman:  "We learn english from foreign epic about Lord Ash the Ageless, monster-master and Lord of Duels.  By day, he roams the world capturing monster.  By night, he calls upon his host to fight each other for glory and honor.  He cares not from whom the blood flows, only that it flows.  Moon red from him.  One day he will catch all monster then unmake/remake the world."
Me:  "Oookay, well, I'll be leaving now."
Shaman:  "Say traditional goodbye."
Me:  *crosses arms* "I don't want to"
Shaman:  *menacingly*  "Say and we not eat alive you maybe."
Me:  "Team Rocket is blasting off again! *runs for dear life into prop plane while spears whiz by*
*spear-damaged plane lifts off and shrinks until it's only a speck on the horizon, a speck that makes an audible chime as it disappears*
Mousetrap's claim that a guy can walk on water (because he invented water) stopped me in my tracks.  What do you say to that kind of doubling down defense?  Defend an absurd claim by adding an equally absurd claim!

You are hit smack in the head with the realization that you are now trying to talk intelligently to a person with some kind of handicap.  Call it Compulsive Obtusity Disorder.  He has limited your options by either being or acting like he has no concept of what you are telling him, and he spews out something to confuse the issue even more.

So what do you do in a case like that?  Well you could write a comedy sketch about what is happening.  Good humor often intersects reality, and when the reality of a situation is already laughably absurd, you've got a good place to start.  Of course the discussion is finished.  Actually, it was finished long ago, but at least something entertaining happened.

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 24, 2018, 11:42:16 AM
Do I get a strong whiff of troll? 
Well duh??!  Does a bear shit in the woods?

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on July 24, 2018, 11:56:02 AMMousetrap's claim that a guy can walk on water (because he invented water) stopped me in my tracks.  What do you say to that kind of doubling down defense?  Defend an absurd claim by adding an equally absurd claim!
Yeah, I thought that was so crazy that even a cargo cult would find it to be preposterous.

trdsf

Come on, guys!  You don't know what this guy (or girl) really thinks.  It is here to pull your chain.  If we were Trump supporters, Hillary would be he/she/it best pal.  He cobbled his ideas about the bible and religion from many sources and probably none of its.  He will simply say what pulls your chain.  Do I get a strong whiff of troll?  You betja.  She's like the little boy who likes to stir up the hornets nest, but he knows he won't really get stung.  He just wants to get everybody riled up.
The only word in here that I object to is "thinks".  ;)

Mousie's been skirting close to my troll/not-troll line for a couple days now; today the little squeaker finally tipped over into it.  I have much better folks to interact with here than that waste of screen space.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 24, 2018, 09:48:03 AM
He doesn't want to.

Does anyone here still think this guy is from Johannesburg South Africa?  Seems too much interested in American politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Yeah, she's a real cun...uh...cunning linguist.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 24, 2018, 10:25:09 AM
I watch CNN and Fox in an attempt to see who the hypocrites are, and boy, the liberal media are really uneducated.
Just look at old Whoopi Goldburg when she showed her true colors.
I haven't thought about Whoopi in literally years. Since ST:TNG ended, in fact.

Talking about liars, I dont find Trump lied at all, but dammit, when will you guys arrest Strzok, and Hillary?
When will you? Seeing that your lot are in charge of the FBI and stuff. This tells me one of two things:

(a) Your guys are in cahoots with them...
â€"orâ€"
(b) Hillary and Strzok didn't do anything.

The Democrats want to get rid of ICE for separating families, but they dont even know it is not Ice that does it.
Whoever does it is a terrible person, and whoever endorses it is a terrible person. Just sayin'.

They think it is fine to harass and victimize Republicans.
Well, what goes around comes around. And I'm sure you won't victimize Democrats now that you're in power. Nope. Nope. Nope.

And you want to swear at anyone that loves the USA!
No, just jingoist twits like you.

Great going Trump.
You are a Giant Ass!
Fixed for you. You're welcome.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

"Well, what goes around comes around. And I'm sure you won't victimize Democrats now that you're in power. Nope. Nope. Nope."

Well, that is the only political movement in the US today.  Competitive victimhood.  So actually ... victimizing Democrats is good for them ... same as victimizing Republicans (I have seen both in my 60+ years).  Too bad Hell is full.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 24, 2018, 11:57:27 AM
Well duh??!  Does a bear shit in the woods?

Well, I've had to a couple times.  It's awkward and requires a lot of leaves.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 08:23:24 AM
Well, I've had to a couple times.  It's awkward and requires a lot of leaves.
And it teaches you to recognize poison ivy.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 25, 2018, 08:25:04 AM
And it teaches you to recognize poison ivy.

Indeed it would.  But I was a experienced in the woods and never used the wrong leaves.  Did leave a tee shirt behind once though.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!