News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How do we determine the age of Fossils?

Started by Mousetrap, July 17, 2018, 10:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

After concluding my thread on the Origins of the Universe, and When did Life begin, I think it is suitable to continue with the Radio Isotope dating techniques used by scientists to claim that Life can be as old as 3.5 billion years.

Now, I am not going to talk about Dendronology, Ice cores, or C14 tests.
C14 was discussed, and the mentioned treering and Ice layers will be discussed in future.

No, I want to know what the Atheist knows about how Fossils are tested to give a certain age of the once living creatures that died millions of years ago.

Is there a test that we can perform in a lab where we take a sample of this fossil, put it into a spectrometer, and get a printout, Coelacant=65 million years BP?

Lets see if there is an Atheist with the answer.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

trdsf

*sigh*... Let me google that for you.  It's not what "atheists know" about the dating of fossils, it's what actual scientists and researchers know about it, that can be verified by other scientists and researchers, in free and open inquiry.

The data is starting to indicate that you're a troll.  If you're so damned sure you're on to something here, why aren't you talking to actual archaeologists, biologists, and other researchers in the appropriate fields?  I mean, I thank you for assuming all atheists must have multiple doctorates in multiple disciplinesâ€"I suppose it must seem that way to an apparent Romper Room dropout of a mouseâ€"but all we really do is read and think about what we've read, rather than just marvel at all the pretty squiggles on the screen or page.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

I hope you guys enjoy your mental pushups.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 17, 2018, 01:28:36 PM

Rejecting evolution, implies rejection of biology.  Rejection of biology, implies rejection of paleontology.  Stratigraphy, partly based on fossils, and radioactive dating methods, are used to "date" long ago eras.  Rejection of radioactive dating involves rejection of physics.  Which helps with rejecting geology and biology.  Basically it is saying ... "look at me, I am an idiot".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 17, 2018, 01:28:36 PM
My brain has washboard abs and awesome biceps by now!  XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2018, 05:31:20 PM
Rejecting evolution, implies rejection of biology.  Rejection of biology, implies rejection of paleontology.  Stratigraphy, partly based on fossils, and radioactive dating methods, are used to "date" long ago eras.  Rejection of radioactive dating involves rejection of physics.  Which helps with rejecting geology and biology.  Basically it is saying ... "look at me, I am an idiot".
Well, how do you do that?
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2018, 05:31:20 PM
And here we have the answer.
There are many other sites, but anyone will suffice
Determining the age of Rocks and fossils

Mousetrap

and here we use fossils to date rocks, but the Rocks was dated with RI dating
but Wiki gives an in depth explanation.
Radiometric dating
And dont forget the geological column
geological column

Baruch

Sorry, Mousetrap, but you have been taken in by used-science salesmen.  I hope you didn't buy any cars from them ;-(  Got Phlogiston?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Now, after we found that Atheists accuse the Biblical description of the origins of the Universe as non scientific, and I showed my Atheist warriors that the science which they thought was evidence to disprove the Biblical version, was actually plagiarized from Genesis!
This is something no atheist likes to hear, and they will never take scientific discoveries in support of the Nebular theory as evidence that destroys their belief.

Frankly, they get crazy when they find out that the current scientific description on the Origins of the Universe, was actually a description claimed by the 'Author" of the Bible about 4500 years ago.

This is the one Thing that made me realize that the Bible has much more to say about the Existence of a Creator, than what atheists and scientists like us to believe.

I followed this investigation up with the initial agenda to dismiss the Biblical claim that Life is a mere 6YK in existence.

Well, when I looked at what scientists were teaching about dating ex life with C14/C12 RI tests, I learned that the Bible actually spoke about the effects of C14, and the over or under supply of it in the Atmosphere. I learned that the Biblical description of an atmosphere that was not yet in Equilibrium, but that was waterlogged and was instrumental in a Global flood, and that this atmosphere cleared after this flood to effectively allow refraction of light for the first time, led me to understand that the claim that the atmosphere was already in equilibrium millions of years ago was incorrect.
Why, because scientists explains that the mor C14 radioactivity in your body, the faster you will age.

Wow, this then took another claim ridden by Atheists as proof of Biblical mythology, and it destroyed the atheist claim abruptly.
The description...(something the Bible claims and atheists calls mythology) Humans lived for a long time in this atmosphere before the flood, and just after it.
They did not age this fast!
Well, Well, Well...The Bible is correct again, and atheism is wrong again.

Therefore, The Nebular theory proved the Bible correct, and science proved the Nebular theory correct.
C14 Dating proved the Bible correct and science proved c14 correct.
Now we will look at RI dating on fossils and rocks.

Lets see.
If we test a rock's age, what are we testing?
The radio isotope decay in the rock.
Can this scientific test be incorrect?
No.
Why, because we are measuring certain isotope decay, and this is set in 'stone'.

I do not have any objection in the dating methods at all!
I agree with them, rocks are old.
The Earth is old!

But life?
C14 could not prove life existed longer ago than 6YK.

So what can we use?

Oh, I forgot, we have fossils caught up in strata  and these fossils can be dated with RI tests.
So, if we look at where a fossil is in the strata of a rock layer, we can say this animal lived a certain age ago.

To conclude,
We will date the fossil as well as the Rock with RI tests.
We will look at where the fossil is in the rock strata to determine its age.

Great.
I will be back.

trdsf

Of course, your bible also says that whales are fish (they're not), that bats are birds (they're not) and that pi is equal to exactly 3 (it isn't).

So much science, yeah.

Since I know you need all the help you can get, Mousie, that last sentence was sarcasm.

Mousetrap

Quote from: trdsf on July 18, 2018, 07:06:09 AM
Of course, your bible also says that whales are fish (they're not), that bats are birds (they're not) and that pi is equal to exactly 3 (it isn't).

So much science, yeah.

Since I know you need all the help you can get, Mousie, that last sentence was sarcasm.
I never can understand the argument by Bible criticizers on these points.
The Hebrew word for fouls or birds in the Torah is flying creature and for whales is sea creatures.

There is a law in South Africa that prohibits people from smoking in a public place.
It was published in 2005.
Lets test the situation according to your reasoning.
I used to smoke everywhere since 1980, but stopped doing so in 2005, and was summoned to court last year for smoking in public places before 2005.
Do you think the state prosecutor will stand a chance to get me convicted for doing something before the goalposts was set up?
Ridiculous indeed.

Now, what you are attempting to do is to say that because Carolus Linnaeus produced Taxonomy starting in 1735, the Biblical description that a bat is not a mammal is incorrect.
Following up on this you deliberately again went and produced a straw man, which you thought if destroyed, you proved the Bible wrong.
When will atheists ever learn this can not be used as an argument.

Mousetrap

Quote from: trdsf on July 18, 2018, 07:06:09 AM
... and that pi is equal to exactly 3 (it isn't).

So much science, yeah.

And bring on the Sea of Solomon as a measurement, and lets see if it is to the dimensions you are so confused about.
Take into account that I will use calculations on the Inside and Outside diameter.
Come on guys, this so called mathematical error was already answered in 1675 by Newton.
His words was...
...throughout my life I studied the Bible (Old Testament) and could not find a single error when tested by theoretical and experimental science....
And here you come and think you can use the Atheists annotated Bible to prove something that simply was answered by one of the World's greatest scientists and Biblical students.

trdsf

Ah, good, you've just undermined your bible completely as any sort of authority.  What does the bible say about the Sea of Solomon?  The exact wording is ten cubits in diameter and thirty cubits in circumference.  It says NOTHING about inner and outer diameters, that's just later made-up stuff to try to get past the fact that this was clearly written not by a god, but by an innumerate nomad.  I don't care if Newton, Einstein, Hawking or Ed Witten came up with the inner and outer diameter apologia, it's still not what your book says.

So who do you worship, your god or Isaac Newton?

You have by your own admission fallen to interpretation, which means you can no longer demand literalism.  If you want to be literalist, you need to be consistent.  If you want to interpret, then you permit interpretation of any of it.  There is no test you can devise to separate the literal from the figurative.

And now I'm going to sit back and be amused while you desperately try to claim that interpretation is literalism and black is white and up is down.

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 18, 2018, 09:21:35 AM
Now, what you are attempting to do is to say that because Carolus Linnaeus produced Taxonomy starting in 1735, the Biblical description that a bat is not a mammal is incorrect.
Following up on this you deliberately again went and produced a straw man, which you thought if destroyed, you proved the Bible wrong.
When will atheists ever learn this can not be used as an argument.
The bible didn't say bats were mammals (they are) and I never said it did, you lying hypocrite.  The bible said BIRDS.

*ahem* And you're the one demanding the bible is scientifically accurate, not us.

And now you admit it isn't?  What the fuck have you been wasting all our time for, then?  You just completely threw out EVERYTHING YOU'VE SAID.

sdelsolray

Confirmed...Mousedroppings is a creationist chump, and he's beginning to repeat his material.

Time for purgatory?