News for crickets ... that is all I hear about this ... just crickets ...

Started by Baruch, July 17, 2018, 07:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 04, 2019, 10:27:30 PM
I'm sick of the suggestion that atheists eat babies. We are the most scientifically literate of all people's outlook on religion and know that babies are loaded with saturated fat. The lean children are much healthier foodstuffs. Jonathan Swift had the right idea, just needed to let them age a few years and skinny up a bit.

Swift may have had the advantage, that when he wrote, the Irish weren't eating potatoes yet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 08:07:03 AM
Swift may have had the advantage, that when he wrote, the Irish weren't eating potatoes yet.

You should check facts and dates before posting.  White potatoes actually went from South America to Europe via the Spanish and were grown in Ireland in 1693 and quickly became a standard crop almost immediately (wheat was burned in wars with England but potatoes survived underground).  And only later did they go to North America.  Swift wrote about eating Irish babies in 1729, decades after potatoes were a staple Irish crop. 

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 09:59:25 AM
You should check facts and dates before posting.  White potatoes actually went from South America to Europe via the Spanish and were grown in Ireland in 1693 and quickly became a standard crop almost immediately (wheat was burned in wars with England but potatoes survived underground).  And only later did they go to North America.  Swift wrote about eating Irish babies in 1729, decades after potatoes were a staple Irish crop.

Bonus points.  You are at least somnambulant compared to catatonic Joe.

So what what were we talking about?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"US Government Threatens Naval Blockade of Venezuela" ... not a good thing.  The world should have blown up in Oct 1962.  Then LBJ would never have been elected .. yay!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""Death Camps For Trump Supporters" Fliers Posted In New York" ... used to be called Andersonville.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 12:15:50 PM
Bonus points.  You are at least somnambulant compared to catatonic Joe.

So what what were we talking about?

Crickets.  And that is all I've heard on the political channels since the newest (ho-hum) mass murders. 

Gun deaths in the US number 8,930 so far this year (exact date unspecified).  Mass shootings, 255.

I completely agree that the mass murders are horrific.  But they are (assuming mass murders are included in the total) less than 3% of the total gun deaths. 

I've had to resort to DVDs to avoid the endless replays of the same videos over and over and the same politicians explaining why guns were or were not the cause.  The only good news I detect from all this daily mayhem is that the NRA finally seems to be falling apart.  So, THEN, we might get some rational gun control laws passed.

Baruch

There needs to be one a day (mass murder) so that people can stop being upset about mortality.  We all die.  Some too soon, others not soon enough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Hollywood Is Launching A "Satirical" Movie About "Elites" Hunting, Killing Trump Supporters" ... bring it on, morons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"CDC Shuts Down Military Lab Studying Ebola, Plague Amid Fears It's Getting Out Through Wastewater" ... oops, Twelve Monkeys
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Turkey Received $1 Billion Bailout From China As Reserves Ran Out" ... now we know who is allied to who.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Amazon Plant In China Accused Of Forcing High School Interns To Work 60 Hour Weeks" ... America exploiting Brown folk again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"AOC and the Spooky Tale of Hibernating Nazis" ... AOC says everyone is a closet Nazi waiting to be triggered by the full Moon ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Apparently Baruch chooses to reply to mass murders with trite nonsense.  I won't engage in that.  The events are beyond sad and not really subject to humor or sarcasm.

There has come a time to stop the crazies from having guns.  I saw a guy on TV who walked the neighborhood with a AK-47 and multiple rounds.  Why wasn't he arrested on the spot?