News for crickets ... that is all I hear about this ... just crickets ...

Started by Baruch, July 17, 2018, 07:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on June 15, 2019, 06:42:51 AM
I hope you will forgive me for adding details that you probably read but did not mention.  The article I think you were refferring to did not end there.  It contunued"

" AL president Ban Johnson quickly summoned O'Connor, Howell, and Corriden to his office. Johnson later ruled that nothing dishonest had gone on, but O'Connor and Howell were soon chased out of the major leagues. Corriden, because he was a rookie, was absolved of any wrong doing and continued his career.

When the official averages were announced, The Sporting News cleared the controversy by naming Cobb the winner with a .3850687 average to Lajoie's .3840947. In a great public relations move, Chalmers made both Cobb and Lajoie fans happy by awarding each player a car.

But perhaps the Chalmers Automobile Co. also had a favorite player. "I've always understood," Lajoie said later of the incident, "that the automobile I got ran a lot better than the one they gave to Ty."

The story doesn't end there. More than 70 years later, The Sporting News historian Paul MacFarlane discovered Cobb was mistakenly credited with two hits during the season, which would give the batting crown to Lajoie. However, then baseball commissioner Bowie Kuhn refused to take Cobb's 1910 batting title away, thereby preserving his string of nine consecutive AL batting titles. "

So Cobb kept the batting title by the known statistics of the time, but Lajolie should have won in later evaluation.

That does not change my opinion of Cobb as a person (disgusting) or as a player (one of the best). 

I am confused though, as I thought Hornsby had a great reputation as an honest but tough player.  What didn't Ken Burns tell us about him?  I mean, JUST when I was about to reluctantly switch from Cobb to Hornsby, you mention he wasn't so great either.

I completely agree that Cobb was a raging crazy racist nutcase, but maybe the best baseball player ever.  In sports, you often have to separate the player from the play, but I you understand what I mean. 

Just, well, who ever played with more skill?
Clearly, Cobb is one of the best players of all time.  He is even better than some think.  Prior to Ruth, home runs were not worshiped as they are today.  In fact, Cobb did not hide his disdain for them; at one point in the late teens, he went on a homer tear and suggested he could them at that rate all he wanted, but chose to go for hits and not homers.  In any case, he was one of the best.  Yet, I'd put several above him--Ruth, Mays, Mantle, Aaron, Bonds, maybe Musial and possibly Trout when his career is done. He was a great great hitter, good baserunner and just a touch above an average fielder.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

I don't mind the attempt to trash this special string (localized for y'all's convenience/avoid annoyance).  I enjoy your baseball talk.

Why trash this string?  Because it is true.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"UK Bans Offensive Gender Stereotypes in Adverts" ... families in particular are hateful to Incels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Soros, Kochs Joined by Zuckerberg, Patreon, and Mozilla in Attacking Free Speech" ... Bilderberg/Trilateral commission folks are worried.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"A future run by unelected billionaires who are accountable to no one and refuse to stop" - Tim Pool

That is the actual bipartisan view, both in the US and GB.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"UK Bans Offensive Gender Stereotypes in Adverts" ... what, only Wonder Woman defeating the Kaiser is allowed?

I assume gay couple adverts are OK, and Muslim adverts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"US Govt's Entire Russia-DNC Hacking Narrative Based On Redacted Draft Of Crowdstrike Report" .. the Crowdstrike hired by the DNC/Hillary.  This is the preliminary result of the investigation into the investigators.  In short, treason by Obama on down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Dissident Chinese Prisoners Have Organs Harvested, "Horrified" Insider Blows Whistle" ... the allies of the D party.  #2 prisoner come with fortune cookie!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Deutsche Bank To Launch â,¬50 Billion "Bad Bank" Housing Billions In Toxic Derivatives" ... EU needs to do what the Federal Reserve did in 2008/2009.  Will there be an EU in 10 more years?  Weimar was guilty of crooked accounting too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""Treason!" NYT Story Reveals US Cyber Ops Against Russian Power Grid Hidden From Trump" ... not that the President isn't informed of every little thing the government is doing ... but why is the NYT talking about this?  Particularly since the NYT wants to nuke Russia (for Israel).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Libra: Facebook's Crypto Trojan Rabbit" ... now Facebook wants to screw up money itself.  "all I wanted was absolute power" - Zuck.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Facebook's Actual Thought Police Getting Crushed By Life; "Unworldly" Pressure Prompts PTSD, Death" ... great job opportunity for Millennial activists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Google Using AI To Meddle In 2020 Election, Prevent 'Next Trump Situation': Veritas" ... election interference was by Google branch of CIA branch of KBG.

Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software" - all your browsers belong to us.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Maher: Democrats Screwed If They Run On 'Reparations And Concentration Camps' In 2020" - yes, death to White males is a great campaign slogan

"Elizabeth Warren Demands Reparations For Gay And Lesbian Couples" ... also she deserves 1/1000 of a reparation to Native Americans

"Kunstler: Democrats Are Race-Hustling Their Way To Election Disaster In 2020" ... Hillary could have won if she had pulled a Dolezal/Warren fake ethnicity gambit

"Beto Pushes "War Tax" For Non-Military Households" ... Guy really named Robert, has another great idea.  I have a better idea.  Draft one family member out of any family not currently serving.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"15,000 Mexican Troops Deployed To US Border" ... maybe there to take advantage of all the 14 year old girl trafficking?

"Pelosi: Being In The Country Illegally "Not A Reason For Deportation"" ... but being a Democrat is a good enough reason ;-)  Deport Democrats to Venezuela.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.