News for crickets ... that is all I hear about this ... just crickets ...

Started by Baruch, July 17, 2018, 07:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Nixon had a Southern Strategy, that continued on into the Reagan administration.  But they are both dead.

Fact ... Democrats before or after 1980 were assholes, with or without Southern Democrats.  Though in 1948, 1968 and almost in 1972 (George Wallace was nearly assassinated) Southern Democrats split the party.  What people assume is that Northern Democrats weren't assholes too.  As pro-union LBJ supporters, I can accuse Northern Democrats (and their rampant redlining of residential areas) of being just as racist as their Southern breathern.  LBJ did improve some things in the South, in spite of himself, the Voting Rights Act being a necessary compromise to tamper down the civil rights demonstrations.  But that was a pragmatic compromise on his part.  With the war in Vietnam, mostly drafting and killing young Black men, he can't be considered a liberal.  After all, he was from Texas, and his compassion mostly extended to Hispanics (he spent time early on in S Texas) ... which consisted of the Bracero (green card) program to bring up farm workers for temporary employment in the US (which turned out to be very permanent and extending to other areas of employment).  Basically he exploited Hispanic labor, as Cesar Chavez could attest.  Also the War on Poverty was basically a war on Black husbands and fathers, the flip side of his drafting them to S E Asia.

Sorry, Democrats were evil in 1965 thru 1981.  I was completely wrong to think that they had reformed.

Fact ... Republicans before or after 1980 were assholes, with or without the former Southern Republicans, who used to be Southern Democrats.  In 1992 the victory of the CIA president, H W Bush, was spoiled by Ross Perot ... a true fascist.  Reagan did improve some things in the North, in spite of himself.  But by then, the Southern Democrats had become the Southern Republicans, while remaining an albatross around everyone else's neck.  Reagan did nothing to manage the ever growing annual cycle or permanent migration of illegal aliens into the US from Latin America and elsewhere.  And starting with Reagan, and continuing with such Blue Dog Democrats as Bill Clinton and Barak Obama, the roll back of civil rights and welfare have continued ever since the Powell Memo was written.  In the 1980s the Democrats were, opportunistically, an anti-war party.  But today they have returned to being the soulless warmongers of the 1960s, and grifters after the moneyed interests just as much as the Republicans.

Sorry, Republicans were evil 1981 thru 1993.  I never believed that they were anything but materialist and Machiavellian.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

If your point is to say that politicians everywhere are generally ass-holes, I will agree.  But historical perspectives do change things.  I hated LBJ at the time because of Vietnam, but otherwise, he did some good things I appreciate more now than I did then.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 14, 2019, 01:13:43 AM
If your point is to say that politicians everywhere are generally ass-holes, I will agree.  But historical perspectives do change things.  I hated LBJ at the time because of Vietnam, but otherwise, he did some good things I appreciate more now than I did then.

Yes, even politicians and other whores do good works, inadvertently.  We all mature, more or less.  So our opinions change even in regard to history we participated in.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""Big Brother Is Watching": Facebook 'Accidentally' Includes Secret Orwellian Messages On VR Controllers" ... you crazy technophiles have been warned.  I know a technophile at work.  Like a drunk driving down the wrong side of the highway at 90 mph.  Technology can be a joy ride of death.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Rep. Omar Virtue Signals With "No Ban Act" - Except Obama's Travel Bans Were 16x That Of Trump's" ... yea, Obama doing it, doesn't mean Trump should.  But I do wish politicians wouldn't "white-wash" the record (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 05:31:27 AM
"Rep. Omar Virtue Signals With "No Ban Act" - Except Obama's Travel Bans Were 16x That Of Trump's" ... yea, Obama doing it, doesn't mean Trump should.  But I do wish politicians wouldn't "white-wash" the record (sarc).

Would you like to say that in sensible words or is that the best you can do?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 14, 2019, 07:37:05 AM
Would you like to say that in sensible words or is that the best you can do?

Obama did things.  No criticism.  Trump does similar things.  Much criticism.  Politics isn't reality, no more than sports fandom.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 10:12:04 AM
Obama did things.  No criticism.  Trump does similar things.  Much criticism.  Politics isn't reality, no more than sports fandom.
According to you, Washington did things--Lincoln did things, all the Johnson's did things, Harding did things, Teddy Roosevelt did things, FDR did things,....................all presidents did things so all presidents are are equal.  But you seem to really love trump.  You love to excuse him.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 14, 2019, 08:24:53 PM
According to you, Washington did things--Lincoln did things, all the Johnson's did things, Harding did things, Teddy Roosevelt did things, FDR did things,....................all presidents did things so all presidents are are equal.  But you seem to really love trump.  You love to excuse him.

That is not true and you know it.  You are smart enough to know it anyway.  There is 99% criticism of Trump here already, why do I need to add to your echo chamber?  Same reason why the Dems wanted to coerce all Independents into voting for their Hillary messiah.  I voted for Obama twice, but not because I thought he was some kind of Wakanda messiah.

All I see is a feeding frenzy, three years of political piranha ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meQ4EySi0Xg

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner.  R & D are the wolves.  Independents are the sheep.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"German Lawmakers Consider Nationalizing Private Apartments To House The Poor" ... Eurocommunism grows
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

" Wants To Ban Online Anonymity, And Urges The World To Follow In Its Footsteps" ... more fun from the people who brought you 1914.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 10:14:55 PM
That is not true and you know it.  You are smart enough to know it anyway.  There is 99% criticism of Trump here already, why do I need to add to your echo chamber?  Same reason why the Dems wanted to coerce all Independents into voting for their Hillary messiah.  I voted for Obama twice, but not because I thought he was some kind of Wakanda messiah.

All I see is a feeding frenzy, three years of political piranha ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meQ4EySi0Xg

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner.  R & D are the wolves.  Independents are the sheep.
I go by what you post.  So, no, I don't know you are not a trump apologist. You post like it.  And as it turns out, Hillary would have been like a messiah compared to what we have.  In the history of the US, no president has been pure as the driven snow; all we flawed and had their share of warts--in order to get to that level of politics one has to have violated any internal or external ethics or moral code.  That goes with the territory.  Having said that, that does not mean all are evil or even dishonest for the most part.  Compromise is the name of the game if one is going to work with large groups of people and get stuff done.  Trump is the same, except he has not a single redeeming feature or trait--no, not hyperbole.  He is after personal money and power to the point of becoming an actual dictator.  He is different in all significant ways.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 15, 2019, 08:58:40 AM
I go by what you post.  So, no, I don't know you are not a trump apologist. You post like it.  And as it turns out, Hillary would have been like a messiah compared to what we have.  In the history of the US, no president has been pure as the driven snow; all we flawed and had their share of warts--in order to get to that level of politics one has to have violated any internal or external ethics or moral code.  That goes with the territory.  Having said that, that does not mean all are evil or even dishonest for the most part.  Compromise is the name of the game if one is going to work with large groups of people and get stuff done.  Trump is the same, except he has not a single redeeming feature or trait--no, not hyperbole.  He is after personal money and power to the point of becoming an actual dictator.  He is different in all significant ways.

Sorry, I guess you are just another SJW ... and such an old one too ;-)

I don't mind if you hate Trump.  What I mind is that you hate anyone who doesn't hate Trump.  And hate anyone who hates the Clintons.  Hatfields and McCoys are like that.  Just used to live down the road from real hillbillies, not bad folks, if you can get around the wheeless car on blocks in their front yard ;-)

I will be happy if no Clinton, including Chelsea, ever runs for office again.  Let them enjoy their pay for play money in the Caymans.

But worry where this is going, the Left has become Oroboros, the dragon eating its own tail.  Eventually you will not be "liberal" enough to be a Dem, maybe already so.  The Bolsheviks inevitably purge the Mensheviks and Anarchists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 15, 2019, 10:34:23 AM
Sorry, I guess you are just another SJW ... and such an old one too ;-)

I don't mind if you hate Trump.  What I mind is that you hate anyone who doesn't hate Trump.  And hate anyone who hates the Clintons.  Hatfields and McCoys are like that.  Just used to live down the road from real hillbillies, not bad folks, if you can get around the wheeless car on blocks in their front yard ;-)

I will be happy if no Clinton, including Chelsea, ever runs for office again.  Let them enjoy their pay for play money in the Caymans.

But worry where this is going, the Left has become Oroboros, the dragon eating its own tail.  Eventually you will not be "liberal" enough to be a Dem, maybe already so.  The Bolsheviks inevitably purge the Mensheviks and Anarchists.
There you go again--or still.  Blowvating.  You generalize everything and everyone--and get those wrong all the time.  I hate what trump is doing to our form of govt.  I hate that such blatant dishonesty (of the destructive kind) is so openly accepted by so many.  I don't hate all trump supporters--but do question their ability to be open minded.  I am, according to your labeling, a SJW and a liberal--according to how I define those terms, not how you do.  I don't care about left or right--I care about right or wrong.  And trump is all wrong.  Right now, most of the right is as well.  Your hatred of the Clinton's is stark and mostly wrong.  They are professional politicians and are therefore flawed.  So are/were all the other powerful politicians.  But our country was much better off will Bill than any Repub that has been in power since Ike.  You are simply so wrapped up in your drive to be a contrarian that you are blinded by that desire.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 15, 2019, 11:27:32 AM
There you go again--or still.  Blowvating.  You generalize everything and everyone--and get those wrong all the time.  I hate what trump is doing to our form of govt.  I hate that such blatant dishonesty (of the destructive kind) is so openly accepted by so many.  I don't hate all trump supporters--but do question their ability to be open minded.  I am, according to your labeling, a SJW and a liberal--according to how I define those terms, not how you do.  I don't care about left or right--I care about right or wrong.  And trump is all wrong.  Right now, most of the right is as well.  Your hatred of the Clinton's is stark and mostly wrong.  They are professional politicians and are therefore flawed.  So are/were all the other powerful politicians.  But our country was much better off will Bill than any Repub that has been in power since Ike.  You are simply so wrapped up in your drive to be a contrarian that you are blinded by that desire.

I hate what every politician since Eisenhower has done to our government.  Is that a generalization, or just honesty?  It is honesty.  You just can't believe I am not being hyperbolic or contrarian ... in this case.

You can have your own delusions, we all do.  You can state them in public if you like.  But don't expect anyone other than an echo chamber to agree.  Otherwise we are merely stating personal preference over things neither of us controls.

Who the hell are you, or I to decide right from wrong?  I do the same, but I think I am a bit more self-skeptical (or contrarian if you will).  Anything anyone fervently believes, is probably the biggest mistake one could make.  LBJ and the Domino theory for example.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.