Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 21, 2018, 10:11:01 AM
I think it's reply #17 in this thread.

The posts are numbered?  I can't find that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

PopeyesPappy

Yes, the posts are numbered.

You can even link individual posts.

Reply Number 17
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Cavebear

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 21, 2018, 11:14:55 AM
Yes, the posts are numbered.

You can even link individual posts.

Reply Number 17

And where are the numbers, one might ask, Pappy?

PopeyesPappy

The red arrow in the picture I posted is pointing at the post number.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Cavebear

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 21, 2018, 11:34:37 AM
The red arrow in the picture I posted is pointing at the post number.

Forgive me, but "I'll be damned".  I never noticed that.  Cool!~

Mermaid

I am not sure why, but this discussion made me laugh.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

Pr, why don't you take a look at the poverty rates and homelessness in conservative states, then come back, yah?

Here, I'll actually do it for you. In descending order from highest poverty to lowest poverty rates, the percentage, and the state's political leanings. Numbers are based on the United States Census Bureau's findings.

1. Mississippi - 21.9% - Ultra Conservative
2. New Mexico - 20.6% - Moderately Conservative (this is largely due to the Native American population of the state bringing the numbers down)
3. Louisiana - 19.9% - Ultra Conservative
4. Alabama - 19.2% - Ultra Conservative
5. Kentucky - 19.0% - Ultra Conservative
6. Arkansas - 18.7% - Ultra Conservative
7. Georgia - 18.4% - Moderately Conservative
8. West Virginia - 18.3% - Moderately Conservative
9. Tennessee - 18.2% - Strongly Conservative
10. Arizona - 18.2% - Ultra Conservative

So by your logic, if we want to take one set of data and ignore any and all other factors like you want to do with San Fran, then clearly conservatism is the most self-destructive and economically foolish position to take, because it clearly does not work.

There are an absolute shitload of reasons that go into why San Fran has such a problem with homelessness, and most of them have nothing to do with left or right politics; rent costs across the country are rising faster than income, gentrification, zoning laws that making affordable housing damn near impossible to build, job opportunities fluctuating, etc. etc.

To try to narrow it down to just, "HURRR LIBERLS!!!" shows a ghastly lack of any political or economic comprehension since the problems San Fran face are the exact same as you find in any major city across the world, be it liberal or conservative. Cities have always had higher rates of crime, of homelessness, of poverty since as far back as we have records of cities.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 23, 2018, 12:52:53 AM
Snip

Lemme guess, him talking about how SF's hard liberal standards leading to the city being cover in shit hit a nerve with you and so needed to counter with how conservatives are evil

Its a pity your not as free thinking about political ideologies as you are against religious ideologies, because you only seem set on one side being bad and the other being perfect, despite evidence to the contrary
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

W.C. Fields â€" 'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.'

The aim of Shranu’s post is to deflect attention from the problem.
Dangling a bunch of keys saying  “Look, shiny!”

QuoteHere, I'll actually do it for you. In descending order from highest poverty to lowest poverty rates, the percentage, and the state's political leanings. Numbers are based on the United States Census Bureau's findings.
Thanks for nothing. Doing me a favor of showing some statistics. Which incidentally has no relevance to the SF Problems.

Quote1. Mississippi - 21.9% - Ultra Conservative
2. New Mexico - 20.6% - Moderately Conservative (this is largely due to the Native American population of the state bringing the numbers down)
3. Louisiana - 19.9% - Ultra Conservative
4. Alabama - 19.2% - Ultra Conservative
5. Kentucky - 19.0% - Ultra Conservative
6. Arkansas - 18.7% - Ultra Conservative
7. Georgia - 18.4% - Moderately Conservative
8. West Virginia - 18.3% - Moderately Conservative
9. Tennessee - 18.2% - Strongly Conservative
10. Arizona - 18.2% - Ultra Conservative
Interesting about the flavors of conservatism - moderate, strong and ultra and why does that matter?

Do any of those places/cities have the same problem as SF?
The ankle-deep human feces on the streets, rubbish, drug addicts injecting state supplied heroin, (taxes well spent) and the mentally ill roaming the streets?

If yes, why it is not reported by the media? 
After all, exposing the "conservatives" misrule is the media's hobby horse.
It is all Trump's fault, is it not? One more nail in the Rep party's coffin?

While we are here, the SJW's should ask those homeless junkies in Commifornia to check their white privileges.

Baruch

The problem isn't really Trump Derangement Syndrome ... but Politics Derangement Syndrome.  Medical condition in epidemic state in the US.  I blame the bed bugs (also a real epidemic thanks to Feminism) ... bed bugs probably working for Putin (spins head around, projectile vomits pea soup).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

All quotes are from pr126's last post.

QuoteThe aim of Shranu’s post is to deflect attention from the problem.

Oh?

Your point was two-fold;

1. San Francisco is a shithole.
2. The Democrats are to blame for it.

My post was in response to both of those things; there is nothing unique about San Francisco in terms of it's homeless population when compared to other major American cities, and that shithole cities (or states) are not limited to those run by Democrats.

QuoteThanks for nothing. Doing me a favor of showing some statistics. Which incidentally has no relevance to the SF Problems.

You're right, they don't really have any relevance to the SF problem, which was my entire point. All I did was take your argument and apply it to Republican states to show how ridiculous it is to base something as complex as this issue on one underlying factor of, "Huuur, the boogiemen did it!" since neither party actually have unified platform on this issue.

I literally said that the sentence after you cut my quote off.

You are also the one who initially proposed that "Democrats" (see; anyone not far-right) are the problem in California and that the people of California would be better off if they got rid of the Dems. You cant bring up an argument and then say that people are changing the subject when they refute it.

QuoteDo any of those places/cities have the same problem as SF?

Yes.

QuoteThe ankle-deep human feces on the streets...

Out of curiosity, how often have you been to San Francisco? Because that was not my experience the multiple times I have been there, though I will say I didn't go to certain parts of town. The point is not that it doesn't exist, but rather that acting like a normal trip through the city you will encounter this situation is ludicrous.

I have however seen human feces in Austin and in El Paso, neither of which are "liberal" cities (Austin culturally is, but politically run by pretty devote neo-cons).

Quote...rubbish...

Yes. Yes they do.

Quote...drug addicts injecting state supplied heroin...

First off, there are no state supplied heroin dealers in California. There are "safe sites" where users who have previously bought a variety of narcotics can go to a clinic and have them tested and provided with clean needles, but that is an extremely different thing all together.

Secondly, San Francisco is discussing supplying drug's to heroin addicts, specifically Buprenophine, which studies have shown is effective in treating heroin cravings and getting people off of the drug.

Quote...and the mentally ill roaming the streets?

Again I ask, how many times have you been to America? That is an every day thing from West Coast to Midwest to South to North.

(Slight hyperbole)

QuoteIf yes, why it is not reported by the media? 

I would assume alot of it is because several of things you said were flat-out lies.

QuoteAfter all, exposing the "conservatives" misrule is the media's hobby horse.

Except it's really not, outside of the delusional and paranoid echo chamber you have found yourself in.

QuoteIt is all Trump's fault, is it not? One more nail in the Rep party's coffin?

Nope and nope.

I love how someone who pretends that he is non-partisan, and holds it over everyone else just how non-partisan he is, actually has the audacity to act like he has some politically moderate moral high ground when ever someone he disagrees with refutes him, but then likes to show his support for your posts time and time and time again when essentially every single argument you have ever made here is, "Huuur, people to the left of me are the death of society!".

Funny how the left have to be civil, have to be polite and even then 90% of the time he will come in to tell them just how wrong they are and how he is moderate who doesn't take sides because "fuck partisanism"... but whenever someone is literally lying through their teeth and attacking people solely for the fact that they are to the left he suddenly has nothing to say other than "I like this post.".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 23, 2018, 05:02:39 PM

I love how someone who pretends that he is non-partisan, and holds it over everyone else just how non-partisan he is, actually has the audacity to act like he has some politically moderate moral high ground when ever someone he disagrees with refutes him, but then likes to show his support for your posts time and time and time again when essentially every single argument you have ever made here is, "Huuur, people to the left of me are the death of society!"
See thats the funny thing with being non-partisan, or middle of the road, given that political position, I am the right to your own political beliefs, and seems these days certain people of a far left leaning decent see's anyone to the right of them as just on the wrong side of history.

QuoteFunny how the left have to be civil, have to be polite and even then 90% of the time he will come in to tell them just how wrong they are and how he is moderate who doesn't take sides because "fuck partisanism"... but whenever someone is literally lying through their teeth and attacking people solely for the fact that they are to the left he suddenly has nothing to say other than "I like this post.".

oh please, when's the last time you conducted yourself in a polite manner when it comes to political discussion ^^.

I really don't see anyone on this forum as having hard right political leanings, I've known actual hard right individuals, I've worked beside people with such ways of thinking, I've even talked them down for things they would say. I know the difference between someone on the hard right and someone who just floats in the middle or even is partly right leaning.
Same can't be said for certain people on these threads, because while I don't consider people like you or even mermaid as being the far left, you certainly had a strong political leaning in that direction sometimes to the point of irrationality and blatant rudeness to other posters. I talk shit about the left side of things not because I'm right leaning, but because they needs to be called out on for being bollocks, the same as I would those on the right.

its easy to typecast someone just because they don't share your exact political standing.

And incase I need to remind you, this is my average political compass.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on July 23, 2018, 06:35:12 PMAnd incase I need to remind you, this is my average political compass.

That's not far from my own.  Yet you are much more sympathetic (vulnerable?) to PR's disinformation campaigns than most other people here.  PR is a guy who considers Snopes.com to be unreliable (when it contradicts his claims, a curious coincidence), but has no difficulty passing along "information" from laughable sources like American Thinker (with such laudable articles as *picks one at random*  "The Next Ice Age", apparently a dig at global warming), Breitbart, Daily Caller, and Fox News.  It's worth noting that these are a suspiciously narrow ideological range of sources.  It almost gives one the impression of a hyper-partisan demagogue rather than a legitimate student of politics.  (If Shiranu or any other leftists here were even remotely like this, it'd be equally insufferable and that person probably wouldn't last a month)

Like others have already painstakingly pointed out, PR is talking complete bollocks as usual.  Muslims in his closet, feminists under his bed, and liberals in the walls.  Even a cursory glance at the problem reveals it to be much more complex than liberals --> homelessness crisis.  Yet that is the narrative we're presented with.  Why give this shoddy attempt at manipulation any respect or agreement?