SF MAYOR SAYS HER CITY IS DROWNING IN POOP

Started by pr126, July 16, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 01:43:10 AM
When there is a homeless person who could become a functioning member of society with a little help, why not help?  It's cheaper than homeless shelters and free food.

You have a million, give all you have, hypocritically.  I gave blood last Saturday.  They had to stick me twice because my arms are "difficult".  What blood will you share?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 02:34:35 AM
Not being sarcastic.  Build more affordable housing?  Not massive apartment buildings, but cheap suburban houses.  People who live in houses tend to feel a reason to care for them.

Will you pay their mortgages?  Free cell phones - President Obama (urban myth actually).  Without jobs, they can't pay the mortgage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on July 16, 2018, 11:51:41 AM
Why would the homeless gravitate to one of the most expensive cities in America?  I'm not denying it, just wondering what's there for them.

Homeless people have not been gravitating to San Francisco. According to the best available data the homeless population there has been relatively stable for more than a decade. It has increased from about 6400 in 2007 to about 7500 in 2017. During that same period the general population grew from 760,000 to 880,000. If you do the math that will tell you the homeless rate in San Francisco has increased from 8.39 per 1,000 in 2007 to 8.52 per 1,000 in 2017. That's a high rate for homelessness compared to many US cities, and that is a problem. But it isn't a big problem as far as increasing numbers goes.

One of the problems for San Francisco's homeless population is development. Think of it as habitat loss. There aren't many more homeless than there were before. They just have fewer places to go. As far as the homeless people are concerned it doesn't matter much if they are sleeping in an empty lot or on the sidewalk in front of a store. It's the store that has a problem with that. Not the homeless. This habitat loss results in the appearance that the homeless problem is getting worse because it is more visible, but it is just the way it looks. The problem hasn't really gotten any worse.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

pr126

We Are a Sanctuary City
QuoteSince 1989, San Francisco has proudly been a Sanctuary City. We will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our immigrant communities and fight for the progress we’ve achieved in this City. We are a sanctuary city, now, tomorrow and forever.
QuoteSanctuary Cities are safer, heathier, more productive places to live. San Francisco is a city that fights for what is right. We will not waver in our commitment to protect our residents.

Shiranu

And there is the hateful point you wanted to make.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 17, 2018, 01:49:01 PM
And there is the hateful point you wanted to make.

You hate someone, don't you?  So why do you think you are St Shiranu?

Yes, habitat loss is terrible.  Must destroy Silicon Valley .. so that the Chinese coolies can pick more fruit (that is what was done there before).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Projection is a form of defense in which unwanted feelings are displaced onto another person, where they then appear as a threat from the external world. A common form of projection occurs when an individual, threatened by his own angry feelings, accuses another of harbouring hostile thoughts.

Baruch

Paranoia and incomprehension is the common reason for inter-tribal conflict in New Guinea ... do modern urban monkeys think they can do it better?  In New Guinea they have more reason, for every tribe has a distinct language incomprehensible to the other tribes.

We can make everyone equal .. equally poor.  Wealth on the other hand, ill gotten or not, comes from inequality.  Too bad the limousine liberals don't want to give up all they have .. first.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Maybe if Californians voted for some decent politicians (if there is such a thing there) then they could change their lives for the better.

But they keep voting for deadbeat politicians forever. So nothing changes. Maybe they like it that way.

Dem party rules.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 18, 2018, 12:18:44 PM
Maybe if Californians voted for some decent politicians (if there is such a thing there) then they could change their lives for the better.

But they keep voting for deadbeat politicians forever. So nothing changes. Maybe they like it that way.

Dem party rules.

Going back to ancient Athens, all politicians are deadbeats.  They only are effective after they die.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: SGOS on July 16, 2018, 11:51:41 AM
Why would the homeless gravitate to one of the most expensive cities in America?  I'm not denying it, just wondering what's there for them.
I don't think it's a matter of influx of people, it's a matter of residents being priced out of their homes and resources. In other words, SF is and was home.

edit: Written before I read Popeye's response.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on July 18, 2018, 02:03:49 PM
I don't think it's a matter of influx of people, it's a matter of residents being priced out of their homes and resources. In other words, SF is and was home.

edit: Written before I read Popeye's response.

Popeye's response is where?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 05:12:06 AM

She is either responding to a different string, or named the wrong poster.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 05:12:06 AM
Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2018, 10:07:54 AM
She is either responding to a different string, or named the wrong poster.
I think it's reply #17 in this thread.