SF MAYOR SAYS HER CITY IS DROWNING IN POOP

Started by pr126, July 16, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 26, 2018, 06:51:37 AM
So one way or another, it is still the state financing/supplying the drugs.
From the tax payers. Boy, what a surprise.

Those goalposts sure do keep a movin'.

QuoteHow is the tourist industry doing in SF?

Considering it is the 10th most visited city in the United States with over 25 million visitors in 2016 (and that number has been steadily increasing for years), I would say it's quite fine.

Also, can we take a moment and appreciate just how much of a douchebag you are for basing your argument on, "A few poor people might be using government aid on drugs, so clearly the government should never aid poor people!"?

Like, that is some top-level dickishness.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/15/san-francisco-defecation-map/

Good Grief!  This site wants me to pay $5 and read ads just to see a poop map of San-Francisco?  I don't need to see the map that bad.  Now that I think about it, I feel silly for even clicking on the link.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on July 29, 2018, 07:51:40 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/15/san-francisco-defecation-map/

Good Grief!  This site wants me to pay $5 and read ads just to see a poop map of San-Francisco?  I don't need to see the map that bad.  Now that I think about it, I feel silly for even clicking on the link.

I think you have malware, I clicked the link and nothing like that popped up.

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO IS A LITERAL S***HOLE, PUBLIC DEFECATION MAP REVEALS
10:32 PM 01/15/2018
Benny Johnson | Reporter At Large

There is an ongoing debate currently going on in the country about what locations can be classified as shitholes. The debate sprung from a report that Donald Trump referred to some third world countries as “shitholes” in a meeting with lawmakers last week.

While the debate might rage on as to what constitutes a “shithole” of a country, one thing is not up for debate: the American city of San Francisco is a shithole.

We know this thanks to an interactive map created in 2014 called Human Wasteland.

The map charts all of the locations for human excrement “incidents” reported to the San Francisco police during a given month. The interactive map shows precise locations of the incidents by marking them with poop emojis:

The project shows that the heatmap for poo is most heavily concentrated directly in downtown San Francisco.

According to the SF Weekly, San Francisco has a major shithole problem:

St. George Alley can harbor up to 30 piles of poop per week, Department of Public Works employee Steve Mahoney told SFist. That’s exceptional. But it also illustrates a seemingly intractable problem in a city with limited public restrooms, constricted homeless services, and a line of filthy JCDecaux bunker toilets that often sit unused.

So if you live in San Francisco and are offended by Trump’s comments, just watch where you’re stepping.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on July 29, 2018, 08:00:53 AM
I think you have malware, I clicked the link and nothing like that popped up.
I think it's because of my anti-popup or ad blocker.  Usually, they just tell me I have to turn off my ad blocker if I want to see the article, but I'm too stubborn to do that... ever!  This one was unusual because it wanted me to send them $5.  It could be malware, but it appears to only happen with certain sites.  One of the New York papers does it too.

The way I see it, there is nothing being printed in the News today, that will make my life better.  Some of it makes me mad, but by far, most of it is worthless propaganda like press releases from political parties.

But thanks for including the poop map in your post.  Actually, I've never been to San Francisco and have no plans to visit, so the map wasn't something I really needed, but like I said,... There is nothing in the news that I can't live without.

pr126

@ SGOS

Install Malwarebytes. Free. Or paid, which is automatic daily checks.

Gawdzilla Sama

We used to have public restrooms. The Grim Old Party objected. People could go to McDonalds or such. (Kinda anti-business, but they didn't actually name any businesses.) Perhaps the solution for SF is to bring back public restrooms and pay homeless people to keep them clean.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on July 29, 2018, 09:11:04 AM
@ SGOS

Install Malwarebytes. Free. Or paid, which is automatic daily checks.
I have it, but maybe it's not working.  How would I know?

pr126

Quote from: SGOS on July 29, 2018, 09:34:13 AM
I have it, but maybe it's not working.  How would I know?

Uninstall,  download latest, re-install.

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 29, 2018, 09:17:43 AM
We used to have public restrooms. The Grim Old Party objected. People could go to McDonalds or such. (Kinda anti-business, but they didn't actually name any businesses.) Perhaps the solution for SF is to bring back public restrooms and pay homeless people to keep them clean.
Nah, that makes too much sense, and people would think either Trump or Hillary was trying to pull a fast one on the American public.  You need lots of public rest rooms too.  You can't expect a homeless person to walk 6 blocks to take a shit.  So San Francisco would install one public restroom per 10 acres of area, and homeless people would still shit in public places and whatever political party wasn't in power would declare the project a failure and waste of money.  Also, how do we know it's the homeless people?  People with lots of money have to take a shit too.  It could be tourists.  Or Europeans.

Munch

I think if a city has as many homeless people in it that its causing the streets to be covered in shit, its gonna take more then just a public toilets to fix.
Doesn't the city or state have funds to convert abandoned places into relief centers, I know that doesn't fix the drug problem but if they have facilities and a bed for people to sleep indoors it might be a start.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 29, 2018, 09:17:43 AM

I first visited San Fran as a boy back in 65.  It was very interesting.  Chinatown was my favorite.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 29, 2018, 09:49:12 AM
I think if a city has as many homeless people in it that its causing the streets to be covered in shit, its gonna take more then just a public toilets to fix.
Doesn't the city or state have funds to convert abandoned places into relief centers, I know that doesn't fix the drug problem but if they have facilities and a bed for people to sleep indoors it might be a start.

For profit model.  That is why the immigrant children were being kept in cages.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: SGOS on July 29, 2018, 09:43:35 AM
Nah, that makes too much sense, and people would think either Trump or Hillary was trying to pull a fast one on the American public.  You need lots of public rest rooms too.  You can't expect a homeless person to walk 6 blocks to take a shit.  So San Francisco would install one public restroom per 10 acres of area, and homeless people would still shit in public places and whatever political party wasn't in power would declare the project a failure and waste of money.  Also, how do we know it's the homeless people?  People with lots of money have to take a shit too.  It could be tourists.  Or Europeans.

I can vouch for this.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 30, 2018, 12:57:46 AM
I can vouch for this.

But you can tell European shit from American shit .. because it is tres bon ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.