SF MAYOR SAYS HER CITY IS DROWNING IN POOP

Started by pr126, July 16, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Actually it is still George W's fault, just ask Obama ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 25, 2018, 05:11:29 AM
I don't. The Major of San Francisco does.
Have a look at the video I posted.

Here it is again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=ld6qYJe4pRs

I don’t know why are you so defensive about this.
You can always shift the blame to Donald Trump. Your fall guy.
It’s what you do.

Well, not "ankle deep" but I do stand corrected in a general sense.  I am surprised.  But, BTW, I wouldn't blame Trump for that when he isn't responsible.  He has plenty of blame for a lot of things, but that SF feces probably isn't one of them.  But if he reads this, he will say it Hillary's fault.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

It is not Hillary's fault either.
It is the local incompetent government ignoring federal law.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 25, 2018, 10:25:45 AM
It is not Hillary's fault either.
It is the local incompetent government ignoring federal law.

Well, actually, homeless people poop on the sidewalks in every city.  SF just attracts more of them because the climate is mild year-round.  It's hard to blame the mayor for that.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 10:39:13 AM
Well, actually, homeless people poop on the sidewalks in every city.  SF just attracts more of them because the climate is mild year-round.  It's hard to blame the mayor for that.

Dude, seriously, that could be one factor, but its obvious with the freedom of drug handouts in the state its not the weather that has them staying there. And that is something to can blame local politics on.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/07/health/safe-injection-sites-san-francisco-opioid-epidemic-bn/index.html
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Why not blame it on Climate change previously called global warming?
The hot weather fries the brain.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on July 25, 2018, 11:43:24 AM
Dude, seriously, that could be one factor, but its obvious with the freedom of drug handouts in the state its not the weather that has them staying there. And that is something to can blame local politics on.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/07/health/safe-injection-sites-san-francisco-opioid-epidemic-bn/index.html

Then wouldn't all of them live in Mexico?

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on July 25, 2018, 11:43:24 AM... but its obvious with the freedom of drug handouts in the state...

Grain of salt indeed, when you apparently don't even read your own links. All these next quotes are from your own link.

1. They don't do "drug handouts", it's a place where people who have purchased dangerous drugs can safely inject them with trained medical personal around.

QuoteThe facilities provide a safe space where people can consume previously obtained drugs, such as heroin and fentanyl, under the supervision of staff trained to respond in the event of an overdose or other medical emergency.

2. We have a serious drug overdose problem here in the United States, and while these places are not an ideal solution they do help reduce the death rate as well as drug use rate.

QuoteAt this rate, over half a million people will die from overdose in the US in the next 10 years, exceeding the number of Americans killed in World War II, the deadliest conflict in human history.

More than 100 peer-reviewed studies on safe injection sites -- otherwise known as supervised consumption facilities -- have consistently shown them to be effective at reducing overdose deaths, preventing transmission of HIV and viral hepatitis, reducing street-based drug use and linking people to drug treatment and other services.

3. Besides saving lives and reducing drug use rate, they save the city money.

QuoteIn addition to saving lives, the facilities are projected to save the city approximately $3.5 million a year in overdose related medical costs, according to Rachel Kagan, director of communications at the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

4. It has proven effective across the world.

QuoteIn Australia, a safe injection site in Sydney managed 3,426 overdose-related events without a single fatality over a period of nine years, according to a 2010 government report. The report also found that residents were half as likely to observe people injecting drugs in public at the end of the nine-year period.

5. This is not a left-vs-right issue, with roughly half of both sides being in favour of it.

QuoteAccording to the poll, more than half of all self-described progressives, liberals and moderates supported the idea, compared with 42% of  self-described conservatives.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 25, 2018, 11:53:31 AM
Why not blame it on Climate change previously called global warming?
The hot weather fries the brain.

Because, as Mark never said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”.  Actually, the local climate has nothing to do with overall global warming.  The temperature of the planet is warming; the local weather changes.  In some places it gets cooler.  But in most places it warms most years.  Beetles attack trees where they never survived before.  Trees retreat higher up mountains.  Animals move to places they could survive before.  Insects find new places they can live.

Ice is gone from national parks.  Ice is gone above Canada.  The Northwest Passage does now exist.

Global warming is real, and there are consequences.  Siberian permafrost is no longer permafrost.  Millennia of frozen organic material (CO2) is being sent into the air.  As the oceans slowly warm, methane ice is melting and bubbling to the surface and methane is 20 times the greenhouse effect of CO2.

Its not a joke, its not a conspiracy, its real. 

You want to know why the earliest mammals  didn't do as well as the earliest dinosaurs?  Mammals are hot blooded and need more oxygen.  The dinosaurs succeeded partly because they needed less.

Breathe deep, you might have to...

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on July 25, 2018, 11:58:23 AM
Grain of salt indeed, when you apparently don't even read your own links. All these next quotes are from your own link.

1. They don't do "drug handouts", it's a place where people who have purchased dangerous drugs can safely inject them with trained medical personal around.

2. We have a serious drug overdose problem here in the United States, and while these places are not an ideal solution they do help reduce the death rate as well as drug use rate.

3. Besides saving lives and reducing drug use rate, they save the city money.

4. It has proven effective across the world.

5. This is not a left-vs-right issue, with roughly half of both sides being in favour of it.

Nicely done!

pr126

Quote1. They don't do "drug handouts", it's a place where people who have purchased dangerous drugs can safely inject them with trained medical personal around.

1 Selling drugs is illegal. A criminal offense.
2  How can homeless with no jobs afford to buy drugs?
3 If the drugs are injected, then it must be in a sterile liquid form with syringes supplied.

Do drug pushers provide this service? I don't think so
If those "safe" places do this, aren't they also guilty of criminal collusion?

Lastly, how do you know all this?

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 25, 2018, 12:33:10 PM
1 Selling drugs is illegal. A criminal offense.
2  How can homeless with no jobs afford to buy drugs?
3 If the drugs are injected, then it must be in a sterile liquid form with syringes supplied.

Do drug pushers provide this service? I don't think so
If those "safe" places do this, aren't they also guilty of criminal collusion?

Lastly, how do you know all this?

Many Very Bad Drugs are legal. 

Tobacco and Alcohol top the list of all drugs (legal or not) in total damage.

Homeless isn't exactly the same as unemployed.  44% of people who live on the street have day jobs (facebook study).   

"IF" drugs are injected.  Many aren't.  And among those who use injected drugs, needles are often shared.  One reason some city governments want to provide free needled to injection drug users is to prevent or reduce communicable diseases which cost the city money.

About "criminal collusion":  Sometimes it is better to limit the damage  than enforce the law.  Remember Prohibition?  Rotgut gin and gangs...  People died from wood alcohol use.

Does that sound better?

"Lastly, how do you know all this?".  Boy did you walk into THAT one...  I'm educated.   I read.  I study facts instead of opinions.  I check things for sources of information.  And you aren't and don't.  Sorry dude, you DID ask.

pr126

Oh boy. Nil desperandum.

The rise and fall of western civilization.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 25, 2018, 01:25:32 PM
Oh boy. Nil desperandum.

It is hard to argue with Mr Clemens...

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 25, 2018, 01:25:32 PM
Oh boy. Nil desperandum.

And what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur