SF MAYOR SAYS HER CITY IS DROWNING IN POOP

Started by pr126, July 16, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 23, 2018, 07:13:36 PM
That's not far from my own.  Yet you are much more sympathetic (vulnerable?) to PR's disinformation campaigns than most other people here.  PR is a guy who considers Snopes.com to be unreliable (when it contradicts his claims, a curious coincidence), but has no difficulty passing along "information" from laughable sources like American Thinker (with such laudable articles as *picks one at random*  "The Next Ice Age", apparently a dig at global warming), Breitbart, Daily Caller, and Fox News.  It's worth noting that these are a suspiciously narrow ideological range of sources.  It almost gives one the impression of a hyper-partisan demagogue rather than a legitimate student of politics.  (If Shiranu or any other leftists here were even remotely like this, it'd be equally insufferable and that person probably wouldn't last a month)

Like others have already painstakingly pointed out, PR is talking complete bollocks as usual.  Muslims in his closet, feminists under his bed, and liberals in the walls.  Even a cursory glance at the problem reveals it to be much more complex than liberals --> homelessness crisis.  Yet that is the narrative we're presented with.  Why give this shoddy attempt at manipulation any respect or agreement?

lets get a couple things clear, I don't look to any of those sources of information as pure legit, its very hard to find any kind of source of information that isn't politically bias these days or with its own agenda for why its being written, its why I always like to try and find equal sources of information to back it up instead of just the one source.
And sure, PR might sometimes use links and info that can't always be corroborated. But then its not like when discussing politics here most other posters don't have their own political  biases and preconceptions going in, therefore you need to take everything someone posts with a grain of salt.

but theres been a lot of stuff PRs said thats is true, and based on varied sources, and even that just gets shot down by certain posters just because of how they feel about his position and political beliefs.

Its also probably a lot to do with attitude too, end of the day I think i care less about what someone believes in, and more how they conduct themselves regardless. Baruch is a theist here, but he's never argued to the point of aggressive insults to anyone here, even with a two and throw between him and cavebear, and I tend to respect that firsthand before someones political and religious beliefs, you can believe whatever you want or not, but using that as a means of going at someone or typecasting people in a box due to your own beliefs doesn't create any respect for me.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on July 23, 2018, 07:58:45 PMAnd sure, PR might sometimes use links and info that can't always be corroborated.
That's putting it mildly.  One of his threads was about the so-called "muslim no-go zones".  If memory serves, Fox News went on to apologize for that.

QuoteBut then its not like when discussing politics here most other posters don't have their own political  biases and preconceptions going in, therefore you need to take everything someone posts with a grain of salt.
That's true to some degree, but we're still talking worlds of difference.  It's like Conservapedia VS Wikipedia here.  There's "bias" and then there's BIAS.

Quotebut theres been a lot of stuff PRs said thats is true, and based on varied sources, and even that just gets shot down by certain posters just because of how they feel about his position and political beliefs.
True on a very specific and very technical level.  And even then, you're usually only getting a very small slice of the big picture.  Lying by omission.  In fact, I'd argue that the way he constructs his posts is deliberately intended to mislead people.  Needless to say, I'm not fond of this behavior.

QuoteIts also probably a lot to do with attitude too, end of the day I think i care less about what someone believes in, and more how they conduct themselves regardless. Baruch is a theist here, but he's never argued to the point of aggressive insults to anyone here, even with a two and throw between him and cavebear, and I tend to respect that firsthand before someones political and religious beliefs, you can believe whatever you want or not, but using that as a means of going at someone or typecasting people in a box due to your own beliefs doesn't create any respect for me.
Baruch is too incoherent to truly insult someone, though he does get dangerously close by concluding his posts with some historical non-sequitur of a "question" that sure seems intended to antagonize its recipient.  But that's besides the point.

PR almost seems to be want to have a discussion on the topics he brings up, so I can understand taking him at face value.  It looks as though he's asking an innocent question or broaching some controversial topic that the mainstream/liberal media is afraid to cover, like the imminent imposition of sharia law on the US (that one was years ago, lol) and he's getting slammed for absolutely no reason.

But have you noticed that these threads almost always proceed down a Gish Gallop (arguing a case by cycling through claim after claim as fast as possible)?  Never a retraction or correction or anything remotely resembling an honest discussion.  Why do you think that is?

Baruch

Munch lives in the same country as pr126 ... do you?  Here in the US, I don't worry about Muslims at all.  I consider them better neighbors than Baptists.

Of course Toronto isn't so safe these days, again it was a psycho Amish guy who terrorized them, with his horse drawn buggy.

PS - you wouldn't like me sober, or coherent.

Etienne who was banned from here was Real Left.  Not little boys dressing up their Ken dolls in Che Guevara t-shirts and berets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch wrote:
QuoteOf course Toronto isn't so safe these days, again it was a psycho Amish guy who terrorized them, with his horse drawn buggy.

The Toronto shooter was not an Amish. His name was Faisal Hussein.
According to the media, he was Mentally Disturbed, lone wolf, nothing to do with Islam.
Motive unknown.

QuoteHe could easily be one of those new Martian immigrants brought into Canada under Justin Trudeau’s Interplanetary Refugee Resettlement Initiative.

source (Not Kosher Halal)

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 23, 2018, 09:14:00 PM

But have you noticed that these threads almost always proceed down a Gish Gallop (arguing a case by cycling through claim after claim as fast as possible)?  Never a retraction or correction or anything remotely resembling an honest discussion.  Why do you think that is?

Quote from: pr126 on July 23, 2018, 11:59:37 PM

The Toronto shooter was not an Amish. His name was Faisal Hussein.
According to the media, he was Mentally Disturbed, lone wolf, nothing to do with Islam.
Motive unknown.

source (Not Kosher Halal)

Q.E.D.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Well yes. Beware! The source is outside your comfort zone, safe space, echo chamber.

Shiranu

QuoteSee thats the funny thing with being non-partisan, or middle of the road, given that political position, I am the right to your own political beliefs, and seems these days certain people of a far left leaning decent see's anyone to the right of them as just on the wrong side of history.

Yeah, but that doesn't actually address anything I actually said.

What I said is anything that, realistically, is even a moderate view point (women being treated unequally, African Americans being treated unequally, minorities being treated unequally, the poor being treated unequally) you almost infallibly jump into the thread to tell women who have experienced these things, minorities who have experienced these things, people in debt who have experienced these things that they are wrong and how dare they talk about that issue anyways because other people have it worse.

Any time any subject comes up about any sort of progressive topic, you are one of the first voices in the thread and it is never any message other than, "Shut up, you are wrong!" or "Shut up, other people have it worse!". And if you aren't, you are silently egging people saying even more radical stuff on and nodding your head in agreement with them with like after like.

Quoteoh please, when's the last time you conducted yourself in a polite manner when it comes to political discussion ^^.

Quite often, actually, which is surprising considering some of the abuse I have received here including reaching the point of having racial slurs and extremely hateful rhetoric of how people like me are destroying Western society thrown at me by posters you consistently support.

Those things are all water under the bridge, it's not like I didn't hear enough racial abuse and homophobic language growing up, and as for being yall's boogieman I wear that with pride, but it's when you come in here acting like you are somehow morally superiour to me when you support these behaviour... and then accuse me of being the rude one... that rubs me the wrong way.

I don't mind being called whatever, I do mind someone being so blatantly spineless and one-sided constantly acting like he is the victim because other people share any opinion other than his. I do mind someone trying to hold moral superiority and political moderation over me when he consistently tries to talk over anyone who disagrees with him (only people with progressive ideology, surprisingly) and yet gives a microphone to the people yelling hate, lies and abuses.

And I am curious what part in even this thread you think I haven't been anything but polite about.

QuoteSame can't be said for certain people on these threads, because while I don't consider people like you or even mermaid as being the far left, you certainly had a strong political leaning in that direction sometimes to the point of irrationality and blatant rudeness to other posters.

You literally cant even go on a single post without highlighting the exact thing I am talking about.

Did you read a single post you like, or do you just instantly click it when you see pr or gilga arguing with me or Mermaid? You are going to throw that at me when in this very thread you are cheering on pr for doing exactly that, except taking it to the next level by his outright lies.

Quote...but using that as a means of going at someone or typecasting people in a box due to your own beliefs doesn't create any respect for me.

Now you are just taking the fucking piss.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

If I am treated unequally as a Jewish person (and I don't have a big J on my forehead, so people won't know unless I tell them) ... I get to oppress Gentiles, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteBut then its not like when discussing politics here most other posters don't have their own political  biases and preconceptions going in, therefore you need to take everything someone posts with a grain of salt.

Missed this earlier, but I guess this is another one of those rules you expect everyone else to follow but not yourself, yeah?

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 24, 2018, 07:47:39 PM
I guess this is another one of those rules you expect everyone else to follow but not yourself, yeah?

you responded to PRs post with trying to find any conservative statistics as a counter to it, which was nothing to do with his original post. You then often criticize his sources of information, while citing buzzfeed as a reliable news source on another thread.
Your a dam hypocrite if you think your don't put things forward with a bias agenda in mind.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

And yet again your entire response had nothing to do with anything I actually said.

You preach from your high horse that everyone else needs to fact check, but I have not once seen you do that in threads about Muslims, or feminists, or "SJW" doing this or doing that, that turn out to be absolutely bunk. All I ever see is you instantly smash that "Like" button and boast that it's proof the left is on the verge of destroying society, and then when it's proven to be bullshit you just scurry away or say, "Well, okay, but there are SOME people like this!".

Imagine if you held that same standard of fact checking, of taking things with a grain of salt, on any thread about BLM, or Muslims, or "SJW". Let's not even pretend to shit ourselves and act like you do.

That said, I'll still play along with what you posted because fuck it, why not.

QuoteYou responded to PRs post with trying to find any conservative statistics as a counter to it, which was nothing to do with his original post.

Correct. It was in response to replies #18, #23, #24,  and #37 in which he implied (or out-right said) it is because of the "Democrats" (pretending that Democrats aren't conservatives in 2018 lol) that this situation exists.

You will note that my response to OP was reply #10, which didn't mention conservatives at all.

QuoteYou then often criticize his sources of information...

Correct.

Quote...while citing buzzfeed as a reliable news source on another thread.

Wrong on two counts.

First, I posted before the video the source was biased and that it should be taken with a grain of salt, despite the fact that it presents both a conservative and non-conservative view point.

Second, I did not post it as "news" but was rather explicit in it being a source of understanding other people's perspective. No where in the post, nor nowhere in the video, do either I or Buzzfeed present it as being "reality", which would be extremely hard to do since the video itself was all about how Indian's perceive characters.

I really don't believe you are stupid enough to not grasp the difference between a "news article" that is riddled with inaccuracies and a video that is people talking about their perceptions, but I cant for the life of me understand why you would want to pretend like you are.

QuoteYour a dam hypocrite if you think your don't put things forward with a bias agenda in mind.

Yes, I don't think I put things forward with a bias agenda in mind. That's why I literally said the site was biased before I posted it.

Are you done making a fool of yourself yet?

Shiranu

By the way, how many grains of salt did you rub against his, "...drug addicts injecting state supplied heroin..." when you liked it and showed you agreement for it?

pr126

San Francisco moving toward opening nation’s 1st safe injection clinic
QuoteSan Francisco political leaders have been steadily coming around to the idea of opening safe injection centers where addicts could shoot drugs in a controlled situation instead of outside on the sidewalk. And now, it seems, they won’t let state or federal law get in their way.

“We’ve got to take chances,” said Board of Supervisors President London Breed, who in April became an unexpected champion of safe injection drug sites and was behind the creation of a task force that’s expected to recommend opening them.

Some answers about injection drug use by homeless

QuoteThe in-your-face injection drug use that pervades downtown San Francisco these days, and the thousands of dirty syringes dangerously discarded on the streets, are downright confusing to average residents, if my email in-box is any indication.

You, dear readers, have questions. Fortunately, Barry Zevin has answers.

The medical director of the city’s Homeless Outreach Team has worked in the Department of Public Health for 25 years. He and his team treat about 1,000 patients a year â€" all of them homeless and more than 75 percent of them addicted to injection drugs.

How can the homeless afford expensive illicit drugs unless it is supplied free by the state?
Has anyone heard drug sellers include free syringes with their wares?

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 23, 2018, 05:39:09 AM
W.C. Fields â€" 'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.'

The aim of Shranu’s post is to deflect attention from the problem.
Dangling a bunch of keys saying  “Look, shiny!”
Thanks for nothing. Doing me a favor of showing some statistics. Which incidentally has no relevance to the SF Problems.
Interesting about the flavors of conservatism - moderate, strong and ultra and why does that matter?

Do any of those places/cities have the same problem as SF?
The ankle-deep human feces on the streets, rubbish, drug addicts injecting state supplied heroin, (taxes well spent) and the mentally ill roaming the streets?

If yes, why it is not reported by the media? 
After all, exposing the "conservatives" misrule is the media's hobby horse.
It is all Trump's fault, is it not? One more nail in the Rep party's coffin?

While we are here, the SJW's should ask those homeless junkies in Commifornia to check their white privileges.

Do you really claim that SF has ankle-deep feces in the streets?  I doubt the residents think so.  Don't write stupid.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

QuoteDo you really claim that SF has ankle-deep feces in the streets?  I doubt the residents think so.  Don't write stupid.

I don't. The Major of San Francisco does.
Have a look at the video I posted.

Here it is again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=ld6qYJe4pRs

I don’t know why are you so defensive about this.
You can always shift the blame to Donald Trump. Your fall guy.
It’s what you do.