Author Topic: SF MAYOR SAYS HER CITY IS DROWNING IN POOP  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: SF MAYOR SAYS HER CITY IS DROWNING IN POOP
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When there is a homeless person who could become a functioning member of society with a little help, why not help?  It's cheaper than homeless shelters and free food.

You have a million, give all you have, hypocritically.  I gave blood last Saturday.  They had to stick me twice because my arms are "difficult".  What blood will you share?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:57:27 AM by Baruch »
שלום

Offline Baruch

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 06:54:49 AM »
Not being sarcastic.  Build more affordable housing?  Not massive apartment buildings, but cheap suburban houses.  People who live in houses tend to feel a reason to care for them.

Will you pay their mortgages?  Free cell phones - President Obama (urban myth actually).  Without jobs, they can't pay the mortgage.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:58:04 AM by Baruch »
שלום

Offline PopeyesPappy

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 10:45:44 AM »
Why would the homeless gravitate to one of the most expensive cities in America?  I'm not denying it, just wondering what's there for them.

Homeless people have not been gravitating to San Francisco. According to the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login the homeless population there has been relatively stable for more than a decade. It has increased from about 6400 in 2007 to about 7500 in 2017. During that same period the general population grew from 760,000 to 880,000. If you do the math that will tell you the homeless rate in San Francisco has increased from 8.39 per 1,000 in 2007 to 8.52 per 1,000 in 2017. That's a high rate for homelessness compared to many US cities, and that is a problem. But it isn't a big problem as far as increasing numbers goes.

One of the problems for San Francisco's homeless population is development. Think of it as habitat loss. There aren't many more homeless than there were before. They just have fewer places to go. As far as the homeless people are concerned it doesn't matter much if they are sleeping in an empty lot or on the sidewalk in front of a store. It's the store that has a problem with that. Not the homeless. This habitat loss results in the appearance that the homeless problem is getting worse because it is more visible, but it is just the way it looks. The problem hasn't really gotten any worse.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Offline pr126

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »
Since 1989, San Francisco has proudly been a Sanctuary City. We will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our immigrant communities and fight for the progress we’ve achieved in this City. We are a sanctuary city, now, tomorrow and forever.
Sanctuary Cities are safer, heathier, more productive places to live. San Francisco is a city that fights for what is right. We will not waver in our commitment to protect our residents.
"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »
And there is the hateful point you wanted to make.
I've Got Love, Fuck Your Money.

Don't feed the douche-trolls.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 05:43:17 PM »
And there is the hateful point you wanted to make.

You hate someone, don't you?  So why do you think you are St Shiranu?

Yes, habitat loss is terrible.  Must destroy Silicon Valley .. so that the Chinese coolies can pick more fruit (that is what was done there before).
שלום

Offline pr126

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 02:30:02 AM »
Projection is a form of defense in which unwanted feelings are displaced onto another person, where they then appear as a threat from the external world. A common form of projection occurs when an individual, threatened by his own angry feelings, accuses another of harbouring hostile thoughts.
"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Offline Baruch

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 06:31:18 AM »
Paranoia and incomprehension is the common reason for inter-tribal conflict in New Guinea ... do modern urban monkeys think they can do it better?  In New Guinea they have more reason, for every tribe has a distinct language incomprehensible to the other tribes.

We can make everyone equal .. equally poor.  Wealth on the other hand, ill gotten or not, comes from inequality.  Too bad the limousine liberals don't want to give up all they have .. first.
שלום

Offline pr126

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:58:17 AM by pr126 »
 - Joseph Goebbels

Offline pr126

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »
Maybe if Californians voted for some decent politicians (if there is such a thing there) then they could change their lives for the better.

But they keep voting for deadbeat politicians forever. So nothing changes. Maybe they like it that way.

Dem party rules.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:26:10 PM by pr126 »
 - Joseph Goebbels

Offline Baruch

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 01:07:32 PM »
Maybe if Californians voted for some decent politicians (if there is such a thing there) then they could change their lives for the better.

But they keep voting for deadbeat politicians forever. So nothing changes. Maybe they like it that way.

Dem party rules.

Going back to ancient Athens, all politicians are deadbeats.  They only are effective after they die.
שלום

Online Mermaid

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 02:03:49 PM »
Why would the homeless gravitate to one of the most expensive cities in America?  I'm not denying it, just wondering what's there for them.
I don't think it's a matter of influx of people, it's a matter of residents being priced out of their homes and resources. In other words, SF is and was home.

edit: Written before I read Popeye's response.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 05:12:06 AM »
I don't think it's a matter of influx of people, it's a matter of residents being priced out of their homes and resources. In other words, SF is and was home.

edit: Written before I read Popeye's response.

Popeye's response is where?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 10:07:54 AM »

She is either responding to a different string, or named the wrong poster.
שלום

Offline SGOS

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »
She is either responding to a different string, or named the wrong poster.
I think it's reply #17 in this thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk