News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Was HIV produced in a lab?

Started by SoldierofFortune, July 15, 2018, 06:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 16, 2018, 08:59:42 PM
isn't the fact they believe in a sky daddy that created everything by definition a question on their level of intellect?

Why, our own forum proves that all chess players are master race, and all chess players are atheists, so ...

If a computer can play chess better than a human, maybe people should stop playing it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 16, 2018, 10:45:18 PM

@SoldierofFortune
To your comment, "If a person burns a fire in a forest, is this natural?" I answer, it's natural (ie, not supernatural), but because of the human involved, not without intent or agency. There's a difference. This is the fine point I have to put on @Mike Cl's comment.
I agree with your fine point.  A fire started by an arsonist is quite different than one started by lightening.  My only point is that neither fire is supernatural.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 16, 2018, 11:21:47 PM
I agree with your fine point.  A fire started by an arsonist is quite different than one started by lightening.  My only point is that neither fire is supernatural.
Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 16, 2018, 10:45:18 PM
Baruch, if agency is to have any meaning whatsoever, you have to be able to distinguish between actions that have them vs. actions that don't. In a world where only material causes for things have ever been in evidence, and how neuroscience is increasingly showing how the human brain works and in particular how it makes choices, the guys who say that agency is an illusion and all human action is natural do kind of have a point. Yet that doesn't preclude a way of defining agency such that it does make sense in a naturalistic, materialistic world where current neuroscience holds, even if it is bizarre to our mundane understanding.

I even argue that it the apparent contradictions atheists seem to commit may be because the question is simply ill-framed to begin with: the relevant comparison is not action with agency vs. natural action, but rather action with agency vs. action without agency. The former, I think, is not a true dichotomy, whereas the latter is. It's not that anyone is lying, per se, but that the entire conversation is kind of wonky to begin with.

@SoldierofFortune
To your comment, "If a person burns a fire in a forest, is this natural?" I answer, it's natural (ie, not supernatural), but because of the human involved, not without intent or agency. There's a difference. This is the fine point I have to put on @Mike Cl's comment.

You are always mixing and minimizing ... ontologically.  Here I can give you a unified field theory of code/language.

We only need one letter.  Here is the language ... (yes, borrowed from Zermelo etc)

a
aa
aaa
etc ...

You can arbitrarily map that sequence to any integer series or any written language or both.  Therefore ... all numbers are "a" and all words are "a".

Or like Parmenides, who invented logic, for reductio absurdum .. have we simply identified a clear reductio and that we ourselves are absurd?

If I say all of reality is cheese (see Moon) ... there is no way to "disprove" that ... because I will cleverly re-define "cheese" to mean the same as any counter-example you come up with.  Or use any other word, and abuse it ... say "nature"?

And nature?  In false dichotomy ... all languages fail because of this.  There is no such thing as nature or super-nature or any other fake opposites.  Black and white are the same thing (in reductionism they have to be).  Monkeys engage in language using words they don't understand.  Or you can refer to a dictionary, which is a giant nest of circular definitions aka logically invalid.  So what is real?  Two monkeys entertaining each other by throwing poo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on July 15, 2018, 06:52:35 PM
@Munch

I have heard the monkey theory but it hasn't convinced me.
I am sure that lots and lots of people, too, can't be convinced by this explanation.

What the fuck! I do not feel comfortable when having sex. This is a very hard destiny for the people like me -the obssessed ones-

Well, quite frankly, with the way you would indoctrinate a child, the less often you have sex, the better the gene pool is...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

viocjit

Who know the existence of "Operation INFEKTION" ?

It was an operation realised by KGB (Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti / Committee for State Security) or КÐ"Ð' (КомиÑ,е́Ñ, госуда́рсÑ,венной безопа́сносÑ,и) in cyrilic who was the main inteligence service of USSR.

It was a disinformation campaign to spread information that the United States of America invented HIV/AIDS.

The MfS (Ministerium für Staatssicherheit / State Security Service) commonly known as the Stasi was the East-German inteligence service.
It did collaborated to this operation.

Wikipedia will told you more about KGB : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGB

Wikipedia will speak to you about Stasi : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi

Wikipedia will inform you about this operation : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_INFEKTION

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on July 16, 2018, 11:26:48 PM
You are always mixing and minimizing ... ontologically.  Here I can give you a unified field theory of code/language.

We only need one letter.  Here is the language ... (yes, borrowed from Zermelo etc)

a
aa
aaa
etc ...

You can arbitrarily map that sequence to any integer series or any written language or both.  Therefore ... all numbers are "a" and all words are "a".

Or like Parmenides, who invented logic, for reductio absurdum .. have we simply identified a clear reductio and that we ourselves are absurd?

If I say all of reality is cheese (see Moon) ... there is no way to "disprove" that ... because I will cleverly re-define "cheese" to mean the same as any counter-example you come up with.  Or use any other word, and abuse it ... say "nature"?

And nature?  In false dichotomy ... all languages fail because of this.  There is no such thing as nature or super-nature or any other fake opposites.  Black and white are the same thing (in reductionism they have to be).  Monkeys engage in language using words they don't understand.  Or you can refer to a dictionary, which is a giant nest of circular definitions aka logically invalid.  So what is real?  Two monkeys entertaining each other by throwing poo.
All I got out of that is that you believe you are right, and someone else is wrong, beyond that I have no idea how it relates to any previous comment, and I'm too tired to try to conjure up a satisfying explanation for what you are talking about.  Fending off a threat with incomprehensible gibberish probably stops people in their tracks, but it's downside is that you often end up sounding like a crazy person, especially when the strategy is overused.

Cavebear

There are always crazy people attracted to atheist sites.  They come, they go...

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 08:34:46 AM
There are always crazy people attracted to atheist sites.  They come, they go...
It might be the whole Internet.  I don't know, but there are a disproportionate number of crazies a various sites I've been too.  Granted I haven't been to many, but it's different that real life.  The question is, "Is it really different from actual real life, or just my real life?"  Could it be that the cross section we see at Internet sites more closely resembles the population that's "out there" than the more limited circle of my own (or your own) friends?  On the net, the population at large is free to come and go.  Now I have met some crazy theists out there, as well as some who are wonderful people, but here the non-fanatical and more thoughtful theists never show up.   They represent the crème de la crème of the nut cases.  In real life, perhaps I filter these out from my groups and have a developed a skewed perception of what most people are like.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 21, 2018, 09:06:46 AM
It might be the whole Internet.  I don't know, but there are a disproportionate number of crazies a various sites I've been too.  Granted I haven't been to many, but it's different that real life.  The question is, "Is it really different from actual real life, or just my real life?"  Could it be that the cross section we see at Internet sites more closely resembles the population that's "out there" than the more limited circle of my own (or your own) friends?  On the net, the population at large is free to come and go.  Now I have met some crazy theists out there, as well as some who are wonderful people, but here the non-fanatical and more thoughtful theists never show up.   They represent the crème de la crème of the nut cases.  In real life, perhaps I filter these out from my groups and have a developed a skewed perception of what most people are like.

No the crazy theists probably are pretty representative of the whole lot.  As far as I can tell anyway.  I mean seriously, look at Baruch.  He's NUTS and he is probably among the smarter bananas in the bunch, right?  What does that say about the rest of them? 

Baruch

Quote from: viocjit on July 21, 2018, 07:23:54 AM
Who know the existence of "Operation INFEKTION" ?

It was an operation realised by KGB (Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti / Committee for State Security) or КÐ"Ð' (КомиÑ,е́Ñ, госуда́рсÑ,венной безопа́сносÑ,и) in cyrilic who was the main inteligence service of USSR.

It was a disinformation campaign to spread information that the United States of America invented HIV/AIDS.

The MfS (Ministerium für Staatssicherheit / State Security Service) commonly known as the Stasi was the East-German inteligence service.
It did collaborated to this operation.

Wikipedia will told you more about KGB : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGB

Wikipedia will speak to you about Stasi : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi

Wikipedia will inform you about this operation : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_INFEKTION

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

This included German scientists who worked on chemical warfare and germ warfare in the concentration camps .. not just rocket men like Von Braun.  Technically, because of his involvement in the V2 project, Von Braun was also guilty of war crimes in England.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 21, 2018, 09:06:46 AM

The germ warfare unit that Japan ran in N Korea during WW II wasn't fantasy ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirō_Ishii  General McArthur saved their people from war crimes trials also.  Why?  They turned over the results of their research.

viocjit was just making a comparison.  I know for a fact that the US is capable of deliberately killing billions of people (supposedly for retaliation if the Cold War went hot) ... I am surprised that they haven't done so, even post-Soviet Union.  This is why Putin has to keep making very threatening statements toward NATO and the US ... because they take our threat to extinct them, seriously.  General Ripper (from Dr Strangelove) is typical of people posting here (provided that it isn't Democrats colluding with Russia).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2018, 09:52:22 AM
The germ warfare unit that Japan ran in N Korea during WW II wasn't fantasy ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirō_Ishii  General McArthur saved their people from war crimes trials also.  Why?  They turned over the results of their research.

viocjit was just making a comparison.  I know for a fact that the US is capable of deliberately killing billions of people (supposedly for retaliation if the Cold War went hot) ... I am surprised that they haven't done so, even post-Soviet Union.  This is why Putin has to keep making very threatening statements toward NATO and the US ... because they take our threat to extinct them, seriously.

That is a content-free site which does not surprise me in the least.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 09:56:05 AM
That is a content-free site which does not surprise me in the least.

Pathetic .. go back to sleep.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 10:04:41 AM
I visited the site.

You read all of Wikipedia, or you have superior sources on the Japanese germ warfare experiments?  Really?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.