Say something positive about American ways ...

Started by Baruch, July 15, 2018, 01:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

We keep Canada and Mexico from having a head-on collision.  Because no one needs jalapeños in their poutine.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on July 15, 2018, 10:53:44 PM
We keep Canada and Mexico from having a head-on collision.  Because no one needs jalapeños in their poutine.
*light bulb turns on*

edit - aww, someone beat me to it.  :(

Hydra009

Largest producer of turkey, beef, milk (from cows), blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, almonds, and corn.

^ collectively, the ability to make one hell of a salad!

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2018, 11:01:28 PM
*light bulb turns on*

edit - aww, someone beat me to it.  :(
Bob help me, I would eat that.  Once, anyway.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on July 15, 2018, 11:44:39 PM
Mexican food.
Chinese American food.

I love everything from the faded, indecipherable wall-mounted menu display to the expertly organized but engrishy paper menus, the beautiful paintings of storks amidst a flowing waterfall or pandas munching on bamboo in a majestic forest, the antiquated TV playing what I'm almost certain is Chinese state media, to the 8-year-old running the cash register.

To my dismay, I once learned that Kung Pao is an unpopular dish in China.  Pourquoi?!

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 15, 2018, 11:44:39 PM
Mexican food.

Tex-Mex ... ahem.  Not true Mexican food.  New Mexico cuisine is also all-American.  Tacos and nachos are American.  As is Chop Suey.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 16, 2018, 06:50:06 AM
Your shops are open late.

That's handy.

I just missed out, getting a pint of pork fried rice, last night, after teaching Hebrew.  1 hour too late ... so had to satisfy with a Big Mac.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

We keep hockey and darts from infesting SA and those idiotic catholic festivals from attacking Canada.  And we try not to say "heh" so SA and CA. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on July 16, 2018, 07:09:38 AM
I just missed out, getting a pint of pork fried rice, last night, after teaching Hebrew.  1 hour too late ... so had to satisfy with a Big Mac.

It's okay for you to eat swine?

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 17, 2018, 04:32:37 AM
It's okay for you to eat swine?

I would never eat a D or an R ... not even sexually!

What is in a Big Mac is a mystery ;-)

Uncooked pork is bad for you.  Ancient people didn't know that, unless you were Jewish.  Jewish doctors were that good.  Kosher minus medical knowledge is just superstition.  Kind of like politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2018, 06:43:11 AM
I would never eat a D or an R ... not even sexually!

What is in a Big Mac is a mystery ;-)

Uncooked pork is bad for you.  Ancient people didn't know that, unless you were Jewish.  Jewish doctors were that good.  Kosher minus medical knowledge is just superstition.  Kind of like politics.

I'll agree you have more chance of finding cardboard than pig in your big mac, but you did mention pork fried rice :D

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 17, 2018, 06:51:27 AM
I'll agree you have more chance of finding cardboard than pig in your big mac, but you did mention pork fried rice :D

Did have it last night (got there early).  Delicious.  Of course, it was actually cooked FoxCon workers ... they gotta pay for messing up iPhones being sent to Belgium etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2018, 07:01:20 AM
Did have it last night (got there early).  Delicious.  Of course, it was actually cooked FoxCon workers ... they gotta pay for messing up iPhones being sent to Belgium etc.

Oh, that's alright then.

Sent from my Iphone