News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump in the UK

Started by pr126, July 13, 2018, 01:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 02:24:15 AM
At the Federal Presidential level, yes.  At most all other equal and lower levels, No.  In most levels and Congressional elections, it is a democracy.  There isn't a single descriptive that encompasses both Executive and Congressional and lower level elections.
This still doesn't explain how much you personally worse off in your daily life.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 17, 2018, 02:37:14 AM
This still doesn't explain how much you personally worse off in your daily life.

How I am "personally worse off" is completely irrelevant to my question.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 02:44:02 AM
How I am "personally worse off" is completely irrelevant to my question.
I see. The only thing then changed is TDS.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 17, 2018, 02:53:22 AM
I see. The only thing then changed is TDS.

There are a lot of TDS acronyms.  https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/TDS  Which did you mean?

pr126

Trump Derangement syndrome.

Cause: Overdose of CNN.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 17, 2018, 03:36:30 AM
Trump Derangement syndrome.

Cause: Overdose of CNN.

I don't watch CNN or Fox (the new subsidiary media arm of the Trump administration).  I read fact-checker sites that pay attention to actual news, serious factual reporting in The Washington Post newspaper, and BBC international news.  They are factual.

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 03:49:45 AM
I don't watch CNN or Fox (the new subsidiary media arm of the Trump administration).  I read fact-checker sites that pay attention to actual news, serious factual reporting in The Washington Post newspaper, and BBC international news.  They are factual.
No, they are not better than CNN.
BBC is a leftist propaganda outlet. I stopped watching it years ago.

But there again, they broadcast what you want to see.  So it is OK for you.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 17, 2018, 03:58:32 AM
No, they are not better than CNN.
BBC is a leftist propaganda outlet. I stopped watching it years ago.

But there again, they broadcast what you want to see.  So it is OK for you.

I suppose the difference is that I hear/read information on some sites and consider them with caution and check them on opposing sites before accepting the info a trustable.  And of course, you won't think anything trustable.

Shiranu

QuoteBut there again, they broadcast what you want to see.  So it is OK for you.

And yet your links do the same thing, except without even any pretext at being a professional news source but rather just a collective pundit blog for people who hold the same ideology as you and that has no verifiable sources of any credibility for all it's posters.

Yet how many times have you gotten angry over people calling the validity of your news site into question?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

He's right about the BBC, just another news site with its own agenda so it's not a valid source for fact checking
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on July 17, 2018, 04:32:58 AM
And yet your links do the same thing, except without even any pretext at being a professional news source but rather just a collective pundit blog for people who hold the same ideology as you and that has no verifiable sources of any credibility for all it's posters.

Yet how many times have you gotten angry over people calling the validity of your news site into question?

For me, I look for verification at other sites, and not ones that just reflect the original site.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 17, 2018, 04:32:58 AM

Look in Mirror, Pravda subscriber.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on July 17, 2018, 01:57:48 AM
Fear and xenophobia is one hell of a drug.
I hear that comes from having an overactive amygdala.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2018, 01:42:13 PM
I hear that comes from having an overactive amygdala.

Don't pick on Anakin's girl friend!  She doesn't even get to survive very long.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 17, 2018, 02:37:14 AM

Easy explanation ... we are drowning in poor people, particularly poor politicians ... not because they are poor, but because they are hopeless at politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.